Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by SumGeek »

FuckT41182 wrote:Foo Fighters movie: the scene where Chris Shifflet tries out for the band is the EXACT room blink-182 broke up in in 2005.

funny :P
Where can I see that? very interesting.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

http://www.frontarmy.com/wp-content/upl ... 152-06.jpg
question: what's the first thing that you notice?
gay test
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

gejmik wrote:http://www.frontarmy.com/wp-content/upl ... 152-06.jpg
question: what's the first thing that you notice?
gay test
First the girl :blush: than MARK
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Travis Barker is certainly busy these days, and the drummer’s already hectic schedule will be even more frantic for the remainder of 2011.

Barker and the boys in blink-182 are finishing up the band’s long-awaited return album, his other band, The Transplants, with Rancid’s Tim Armstrong, is 16 songs into a new record, and Barker was asked by Lil’ Wayne to be the opening act on his I Am Music II tour, which makes a stop at the Toyota Center on Saturday.

“At the time, Yelawolf and I were planning on doing a tour where we’d hit small skate parks and then play some shows at night, so when they asked me do ( the Lil’ Wayne tour) I was so excited,” Barker said. “It is basically me and Mix Master Mike from the Beastie Boys and we go up and play mash-ups and stuff off my album and remixes.”

Barker recently released his debut solo record, Give The Drummer Some, which is a compilation of Barker collaborations with hip-hop heavyweights like Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Paul Wall, Clipse and guitar work from rock’s Tom Morello, Slash and Armstrong. The album came to fruition after years of Barker doing popular rock remixes to some of hip-hop’s most popular songs.

“When blink broke up I was playing with DJ AM and I was doing a good handful of remixes for guys like Busta Rhymes and I spent a lot of time playing live drums for Eminem, Lil Wayne and Jamie Fox and that is how I was spending most of my time drumming. I went from being in a band to not being in any of my bands — not being in Transplants or blink — just playing with DJ AM,” said Barker.
His affinity for hip-hop music made Barker an easy choice to work with the genre’s best. Bringing live rock drums to hip-hop also had an instant appeal for fans and artists.

“I think it is really refreshing hearing any rap group that comes out with a live band backing them. You can’t deny it when you go see Eminem or Jay-Z or even Kanye, and they have a cool band that is jamming,” Barker said. “For years the drum machine was the voice, as far as production goes, for a lot of hip-hop music. Even as a child I was listening to metal, punk rock, country all at the same time and rap music was the only kind of music that didn’t involve a live drummer. Years later, I’m remixing the stuff. I was never like ‘I want to find my place in hip-hop’, it was just really exciting. There were all these songs that had minimal production and left it open for live drums.

The heavily inked drummer’s dedication to playing music was never more evident than last summer. After surviving a horrifying plane crash in 2008 that killed his friends Charles Still and ‘Little’ Chris Baker, Barker vowed never to fly again.

When blink-182 took their successful reunion tour overseas last summer, Barker boarded a bus from Los Angeles to New York where he took a cruise ship to Europe for the tour.

“For me, it is my only way to travel overseas. I spent a lot of time working on my album on the ship. I got a room designated to become a little production room,” Barker said.

Blink-182 is also working on the follow up to 2003’s self titled record, an album that stretched the parameters of how a pop-punk band can successfully take things to the next level. But Barker isn’t the only member of blink-182 busy in side projects. Bassist Mark Hoppus has his show on Fuse, Hoppus on Music and guitarist Tom Delonge’s other musical venture, Angels and Airwaves, is gearing up for a new record and feature film, LOVE. The progress has been slow but Barker insists the record is coming soon.

“They (Hoppus and Delonge) are working on the album,” said Barker. “I’ve done a bunch of stuff on the album before I left (to tour) and it gives Mark and Tom a lot of time to just write with each other. I’ll come back and mess everything up when I get home and change things around.”

And Barker expects to be back in full swing with blink-182 just in time for summer.

“We can’t wait to turn out the album and it should come out late summer,” said Barker. “We hope to be seeing everyone on tour this summer, too.”

———————————————————–

More with Barker:

29-95: What made you decide to make an album and release it under as a solo moniker?

BARKER: My goal was I don’t want to try to find a new band or get four people who think like me and want to tour and record the same time I wanted to. The freedom playing with a DJ gave me, and playing with hip-hop artists was a lot of fun. During that time before my plane crash when blink reunited, I started Give The Drummer Some, which was basically started because they ( the label) wanted to do a remix album with some of the originals I was doing and that is how the whole concept of Give The Drummer Some came about.

29-95: Besides hip-hop, any new rock or punk bands you’ve gotten into recently?

BARKER:: I tend to listen to old rock. I love Led Zeppelin. I love Deep Purple. I love the Who. I love Jimmy Hendrix. I’ll buy like a new Slayer album when it comes out, but as far as straight up rock music you’d hear on the radio, I’m not really into it.

29-95: How is the new Transplants’ record coming?

BARKER: Transplants album is 16 songs deep right now. We have been doing the Transplants project about a month before blink entered the studio. Rob and Tim live like 15 miles of each other so it is really for us to get together. We have something called ‘Transplants Tuesdays’ where we get together every Tuesday for like three months and man, Transplants album is crazy. We’ll probably end up writing 30 songs and pick the best 12 to 15.

29-95: What can fans expect on the new blink-182 record and can you share any song titles besides Up All Night and Ghosts on the Dance floor ( which is rumored to be about the deaths of lost friends like DJ AM and longtime punk-rock producer Jerry Finn) ?

BARKER:: Wow. How do you guys even know (about) Ghosts on the Dance floor ? I don’t know exactly what Mark and Tom wrote about it, but for me it definitely brings back memories of Lil Chris, AM and Jerry. It is an awesome song, really cool. But with everything else, they are working titles.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

I'm kinda getting excited for this album. I just hope that it lives up to everyone expections.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

@blink182
It is with heavy hearts that we have to announce our '11 European Summer tour has been rescheduled. http://bit.ly/fkUalT
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

awesome, now I don't know if I should keep the tickets and pay 45 Euro only for Gaslight Anthem :D

PS : They better be fucking sure that if they postponed shows all the fans were so looking forward to because they wanna play us some new songs, they better make sure the songs will be fucking worth it !

I don't care about the fucking new record, I just wanna see them play live for the first time ... XD I just kinda feel that with this they fucked up with fans, also with the people who organize festivals, for example in Prague tickets were just disappearing because of Blink 182, now what a fuck, I love GA very much, but I don't need to see 30STM !

but I understand why they did it, cause people already say that they only tour for money, so I know what now, I'm gonna go out, find someone who told me something like that in the last month and I'm gonna fight him, just to feel better ! XD

PS 2: I'm gonna wait if this Prague City Festival will manage to get some other band to play, SoAD wouldn't be bad :P
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Why does this not surprise me that they cancelled their European tour? We all saw this coming. Hearing "2012" for touring is starting to get me not caring anymore because it's too far away now. They shouldn't even say when the album is coming because everything just keeps changing. It's good that they want to remain focused because it's what they need with the three of them having different side projects ontop of everything. We can only hope end of this year for the new album.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I think I'll be coming to UK just to see them play, it must really be awesome and funny to see them live !
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

btw guys, there will be The Hives as a constitute band, I heard they're awesome live !
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Anyone could have seen the cancellation coming from a mile away, but i get the feeling that we're gonna have to gte used to blink only doing one tour every year. oh and The Hives are hilarious to watch live.
gejmik
Chuck

Post by gejmik »

FuckT41182 wrote:btw guys, there will be The Hives as a constitute band, I heard they're awesome live !
They are! I think I'll keep the ticket because of them and finally give them a listen that they deserve... TICK TICK BOOM is one of the best songs of all time!

But yeah I'm fucking mad about blink :balling:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

gejmik wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:btw guys, there will be The Hives as a constitute band, I heard they're awesome live !
They are! I think I'll keep the ticket because of them and finally give them a listen that they deserve... TICK TICK BOOM is one of the best songs of all time!

But yeah I'm fucking mad about blink :balling:
fuck it, so we're going, right ? ;) I certainly AM when you do !
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Fuck it, i want an album
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Hi. Mark here. I have been reading all of your comments, both here and on my twitter, and to those of you who’re frustrated, angry, let down, and incredulous, I feel you. I feel the same way. I’ve had a while to process everything and I’m still bummed. This was not an easy decision for us at all. One of the hardest things we’ve had to do. Ever. It sucks. The point is we didn’t want to rush and put out an inferior record. We also didn’t want to become a band who relies on their past success and just plays the same songs every tour, even though we’ll always play the older stuff as well. blink-182 NEEDS to make new music. For you, and for us. I did a long interview with Kerrang! about the postponement of the tour, and hopefully that helps explain everything a little better. I think it comes out on Wednesday. To those who’ve tried to be supportive and understanding, I thank you. For real. This needs to be the best album we’ve ever recorded, and we’re working hard towards that goal. blink-182 for life.

Mark
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Mark is really a cool guy, I think he really is as disappointed as us... I can't say I'm a HUGE fan of blink, still I'm really looking forward to that record. The Sums trained us to wait !
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

it's a fuckin joke to be honest. they knew when booking this tour the time frame they had to make the album, and with all the members having othe projects going at the same time this album was always going to take a while. a lot of people are pissed off with this news.
gejmik
Chuck

Post by gejmik »

I get it, but they should've cancelled it eralier.. I bought a ticket for 50 bucks for festival where they should've been and now they'll just cancel it...

But promoters surprised me.. They offered changing this ticket for the 2012 Prague City Festival where Blink 182 will be. Luckily.
Last edited by gejmik on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I personally don't give a fuck, I'll wait till the next year and this year I'm gonna rock to Gaslight Anthem,The Hives and Gogol Bordelo, and sleep while 30 STM are on :P