Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by FuckT41182 »

well,I hope they'll finish it up till summer :P people would get really pissed off if they didn't
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

really hope so, would be rad.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

It's hard for me to believe it'll be ready for July when Mark says that only 5 or 6 songs are near completion. You get it? not even complete ><
Reminds me when the Sums kept saying around 2009 that they are 5 or 6 songs into the album, and that these 6 songs are already finished so we all were sure it'll definitely be out for late 2009/early 2010, and recording haven't even started until January 2010.

So it's the same... no complete songs.. just 5-6 songs near completion, the other ones are just unfinished skeletons. Means they still has to finish writing them, then the whole recording thing (which to be honest can be done pretty fast, even in a week or two if they want but I bet they'll take the time to make it perfect and shit), and then mixing, mastering, working on artwork and marketing plan with the label, etc, etc, kinda like when SBM was ready back in June 2010 but not released until now!

But Tom promised they will definitely not tour in the summer without a record to support so who knows. Seems like bands these days really take a lot of time to make records hehe.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah, I was thing about the same things as you, especially about the sentence where he mentions 5-6 songs nearly done, just nearly ! XD but then he said that they wanna take a month and a half to record more seriously, so when the ideas are gathered, it should really go fast ...

and I don't think Blink 182 will have such problems with label, they know how to deal with them better than Sum 41, just remember the interview where label wanted them to put out TOYPAJ fast(after the big success of Enema) and they played them three acoustic songs about fucking dogs,granddads and Hitler, and said it's all they'd done so far ...

I want this album
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:yeah, I was thing about the same things as you, especially about the sentence where he mentions 5-6 songs nearly done, just nearly ! XD but then he said that they wanna take a month and a half to record more seriously, so when the ideas are gathered, it should really go fast ...

and I don't think Blink 182 will have such problems with label, they know how to deal with them better than Sum 41, just remember the interview where label wanted them to put out TOYPAJ fast(after the big success of Enema) and they played them three acoustic songs about fucking dogs,granddads and Hitler, and said it's all they'd done so far ...

I want this album
Well, yeah I guess for Blink it's easier with the label, but the case with TOYPAJ was kinda what was with DTLI after the success of AKNF, they were just forced to write a record on the road and in a few weeks in the studio cuz they were only given like two months to pre-production, recording and everything you do in the fuckin' studio.. so ya know, lot of pressure and things and of course it's easier to deal with the label when that's the case cuz the label really wants you to put out a new album fast. Now they're taking their time, without a deadline (kinda like Deryck did) so who knows, although the promised deadline is July, but we'll see..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:yeah, I was thing about the same things as you, especially about the sentence where he mentions 5-6 songs nearly done, just nearly ! XD but then he said that they wanna take a month and a half to record more seriously, so when the ideas are gathered, it should really go fast ...

I want this album
Well, yeah I guess for Blink it's easier with the label, but the case with TOYPAJ was kinda what was with DTLI after the success of AKNF, they were just forced to write a record on the road and in a few weeks in the studio cuz they were only given like two months to pre-production, recording and everything you do in the fuckin' studio.. so ya know, lot of pressure and things and of course it's easier to deal with the label when that's the case cuz the label really wants you to put out a new album fast. Now they're taking their time, without a deadline (kinda like Deryck did) so who knows, although the promised deadline is July, but we'll see..
yeah , but there is a big difference between Blink 182 and Sum 41 in fame, Blink 182 had 20 000 people on their shows throughout the world and they have definitely better relationship with the label, and better label :) I think Blink 182 will do what they wanna ;)
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:

I want this album
yeah , but there is a big difference between Blink 182 and Sum 41 in fame, Blink 182 had 20 000 people on their shows throughout the world and they have definitely better relationship with the label, and better label :) I think Blink 182 will do what they wanna ;)
Well, in terms of doing what they want... I think Sum 41 kinda did the same with SBM hehe. It seems like Deryck didn't give a fuck.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:Well, in terms of doing what they want... I think Sum 41 kinda did the same with SBM hehe. It seems like Deryck didn't give a fuck.
there is a difference between not giving a fuck and ruling the game ;) they don't give a fuck about IR, but IR still talks to their business... and I just think that Blink 182 would be able to set their own release date :)

btw : I just found out that Blink 182's last album Untitled is the best scored by reviewers , one of the last bands who managed to do that, I so want them to keep it ! :)
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I find 'mid-to-late summer' questioable. I think we won't be hearing anything until the end of 2011, at the latest.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

highlights that I found on the internet , it's what Tom was talking about on Modcam

-He talked about how hard it was working with the labels on the first two records.
-More than half way done with blink and AVA records
-Movie is in 5.1 THX
-LOVE part2 is a full new album with "real songs"
-There will be a three disc set of movie, LOVE and LOVE pt 2
-He thinks LOVE pt. 2 is better than the first LOVE album
-All three will be released Nov. 11
-There will be a few different box set versions. (My cam cut out the specifics)
-Strange Times is totally awesome, but still a secret that will help with the whole experience.
-Blink album will come out around summer, before tour
-LOVE will be in select theaters during that time
-AVA will tour the following spring.

yeah, and I forgot, here's an interview with Travis Barker , I haven't read it, too tired to read so much right now ...
http://jammagazineblog2010.wordpress.co ... ussionist/
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

sorry but i really dislike blink....not that i really had a point of saying this at all...its not like anyway cares anyways. Also kinda a bad idea to post this on a blink thread where im gonna be hated on after saying it, so really there wasnt a point of this post...i just dont like blink at all- sorry..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

nobody will hate you, you are entitled to your opinion, the only problem is that after reading this post of yours, I don't believe you're from the USA, if you are, than I think I can proudly say that my fucking English that I have been learning for 2 and a half year is better ...
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

FuckT41182 wrote:nobody will hate you, you are entitled to your opinion, the only problem is that after reading this post of yours, I don't believe you're from the USA, if you are, than I think I can proudly say that my fucking English that I have been learning for 2 and a half year is better ...
haha, im from USA i can assure you of that!! After reading some of my posts I guess my English isn't perfect...but im not so much of a perfectionist anyway, :hehe:
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

cladam41 wrote:sorry but i really dislike blink....not that i really had a point of saying this at all...its not like anyway cares anyways. Also kinda a bad idea to post this on a blink thread where im gonna be hated on after saying it, so really there wasnt a point of this post...i just dont like blink at all- sorry..
Disappointed man!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Foo Fighters movie: the scene where Chris Shifflet tries out for the band is the EXACT room blink-182 broke up in in 2005.

funny :P
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle

Post by Ferdehh41 »

I want to see that
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Blink broke up in a room? haha. I thought that one day Mark and Travis just got a call from Tom's manager or some shit like that hehe.

What room is that anyway?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I don't know,haven't watched the movie yet, it should be the room where somebody plays a guitar to get in the band...

btw: the information above(about breaking up in the same room) comes from Mark's twitter
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Read this interview with Mark. it's from 2006

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnoth ... tml#cutid1
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

very interesting old interview ! I didn't know Tom used ideas for the new Blink 182 record for AvA ...