Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by Ferdehh41 »

wow this is awesome
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

that's awesome! I want a birthday cake like that :(
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah ! I've seen this picture,that's awesome ! we should ask Samueel if he knows somethin' about it

btw : is Mark a Chelsea fan ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

He tweeted something about Chelsea. so I think he is..
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

yea, he was asking what team to support a while ago, and the cunt chose Chelsea. fucking plastic scumbag.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Some info someone posted on 182online
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else, but a user on TheAVAMovement (rsgrdnr) posted the following:

"I spoke with Mark yesterday at the Fuse studio at his birthday party/Hoppus on Music taping. Here is some news regarding blink:

-They are "3 fast, blink songs" away from finishing the album.
-There are songs on the album that resemble Untitled songs like Asthenia and Always
-They are still shooting for an end of the Summer release
-He got ALOT done with Tom last Thursday regarding blink

Another thing he said (sorry in advance to the European readers) was that he and most other artists really don't like touring in Europe, they love "being tourists" there and seeing all of the landmarks, etc. but he said he hates how shitty the venues are and that American bands genuinely aren't treated well by non-fans and employees of the venues. Kinda made him look like a diva, IMO.
That stemmed from a conversation he was having with the singer of A Day To Remember where he said "We just got back from Europe." and Mark said, "I'm sorry."
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

you have to treat Americans like they are the most important people in the world.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

pathetic,ridiculous ...why did he has to say that ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I don't think it's much to worry about. He said nothing about the fans being bad. They've said before that English fans are nuts and Reading and Leeds was awesome. I assume he means smaller venues possibly and maybe the staff are more upfront douchess cos they don't really know the band like they're known in America or something.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

it's not going to stop them coming over here. if they want to be earning the money they're earning now, they need to be touring the world, including Europe!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

well they wouldn't stop for sure,money and fans - reason ...Tom and Mark said before that fans in Europe are awesome,that he can see some better appreciation from Europe fans,as they're not very used to having Blink 182 in their country
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

They kind of have to tour Europe since it's one of the few places outside America Travis can catually get since he won't get on a plane. Still kind of dicky thing to say.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Mark's twitter - "Tonight on Hoppus on Music: Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, and A Day to Remember. and me. and Amy Schumer. and Awesome. 11pm fuse."

A Day To Remember will be interesting !
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:Mark's twitter - "Tonight on Hoppus on Music: Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, and A Day to Remember. and me. and Amy Schumer. and Awesome. 11pm fuse."

A Day To Remember will be interesting !
ADTR will be very awesome!
Problem is there's nowhere to find full episodes of this show! I guess there'll be some parts of it on youtube, like always, but still, there are no full episodes of this show anywhere on the web... how is this possible??
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Cool! thanx for the videos. Any videos from that show with Mark chatting with the guys of ADTR or anything like that?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I only found these and chatting with Alice Cooper
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Nice article

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... p-20110323

The dudes of Blink-182 are changed men. They're finishing up their first new album since their 2005 split – and taking what they've learned during the years apart. Their still-untitled summer release will stretch far beyond catchy, knucklehead pop-punk and ringing guitars, promises singer-guitarist Tom DeLonge. “It's got huge stadium rock, punk and indie-rock elements, with drum'n'bass beats. It's cool,” he tells Rolling Stone. “We wanted to take everything that we've done and blend it into one pot, and hopefully not forget who we were along the road.”

The SoCal punks who once sang restlessly of heartbreak, boners and "growing up" have experienced a lot over the last half-decade: new bands, TV shows, marriage, family and the 2008 plane crash of drummer Travis Barker, which he barely survived. While Blink-182 had already begun evolving into deeper, darker pop territory on their self-titled 2003 release (including a duet with the Cure's Robert Smith), the reunited DeLonge, Barker and singer-bassist Mark Hoppus are anxious to demonstrate new growth in a new decade.

“I want to make sure we don't lose that angst,” explains DeLonge, 35, of the band's original sound of frustration and fast, sunny hooks. “I want to take that and deliver it in a package that's very modern, using instrumentations and formulas to launch you into different places with music that is not just three-chord pop-punk with riffs. What we can do now is take the essence of what Blink-182 was and really make it into something that has a crescendo. That's what excites me.”

Keeping the new music connected to the band's snotty, multi-platinum history is Hoppus's goal. “He's really aware of who we are and making sure we don't lose that,” says DeLonge. “Mark says, 'Yes, but please don't forget how we got here.' And I just go, 'You're absolutely right!'”

The self-produced album will have 10-to-12 new songs and is being recorded at DeLonge's studio in San Diego and in Los Angeles by Hoppus and Barker. One finished track is the heartfelt “Ghost on the Dancefloor,” which remembers past loves between soaring intros and outros. “Travis said it was really touching him because it reminded him of a friend he lost in his plane crash,” says DeLonge. “It's cool to see us come together over something like that. That's the glue in a dysfunctional rock band.”

Getting the band together wasn't anything DeLonge ever expected, but after Barker's crash, it became inevitable. “That was a massive surprise to me,” he says now. “We all wrote each other off pretty hardcore. It was a pretty dumb break up. After Travis had that tragic event, it was really easy to see that what we were fighting about was no big deal and I wanted him to heal.”

The band reconnected musically and emotionally during a 2009 summer reunion tour, though each of them still maintains busy solo projects: DeLonge with his band Angels & Airwaves and Hoppus and Barker in +44. Plus, there's Barker's just-released hip-hop album, Give the Drummer Some, and Hoppus's weekly chat show for Fuse TV, A Different Spin. Even with all that, Blink-182 will once again be a full-time gig in 2011, with a world tour of arenas and festivals behind the new album beginning this summer.

“We had a lot of success, but where Blink-182 came from is – we really were some fucked-up kids from the suburbs. For whatever reason, that really resonated during the Nineties with a bunch of other fucked-up kids from the suburbs,” says DeLonge. “Now everyone's going, 'OK, fuckers, pick up where you left off but bring your skills to the table.' It's good. We have big, big plans.”
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

nice article. I've got a lot of different feelings for this record right now. I'm excited, yet also nervous and kind of scared what they will produce. I don't love and wank over Blink 182 as much as I used to, but I still want them to produce something special and sway me back to the Blink 182 way. the last thing I want is for them to produce a record that will tarnish their reputation and ruin a lot of the love and respect they have from an awful lot of people.