Deryck Plays On Stage With Avril in Toronto

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Re: Deryck Plays On Stage With Avril in Toronto

Post by Phili »

c4rlsson wrote:Simple question, was this show filmed by a professional ? Like to an DVD or something ? ;P

EDIT:
I dont know who Forgott3nis on youtube and if its some off you here so tell me and I will delete the video if you don't want to have it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVeq8MrDPw0 <- Same clip just better sound. I grabbed the sound from the fansite, I know wrong in the beginning and removed the old audio that way its more look able to me ;P Hope you don't mind, tell me and I remove as fast as I see the message.
Forgott3n is the webmaster for AvrilBandaids. I'm sure she won't mind.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

^Justin is a she? :holyshit:
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

lmao no. But Sharifa pretty much runs Justin's YouTube account.

Hmm. The people who had all this hate all fired up, so eager to scold and bash, don't seem too eager now. I'd at least appreciate a response to what I said. A surrender? A (mature) defence? An explanation? Now that you've run your mouths you at least owe us that.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

Phili wrote:lmao no. But Sharifa pretty much runs Justin's YouTube account.

Hmm. The people who had all this hate all fired up, so eager to scold and bash, don't seem too eager now. I'd at least appreciate a response to what I said. A surrender? A (mature) defence? An explanation? Now that you've run your mouths you at least owe us that.
It's usual in science for scientists to keep surprisingly quiet after they claimings are proven wrong.

It's a shame, but sometimes they come up with pretty interesting explanations for their (now) irrational points of view.
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
c4rlsson
Billy Spleen
First name: Bizzy D

Post by c4rlsson »

Phili wrote: Forgott3n is the webmaster for AvrilBandaids. I'm sure she won't mind.
I sure hope she don't. Tell me if so I can remove it ;P.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

V wrote:
Phili wrote:lmao no. But Sharifa pretty much runs Justin's YouTube account.

It's usual in science for scientists to keep surprisingly quiet after they claimings are proven wrong.

It's a shame, but sometimes they come up with pretty interesting explanations for their (now) irrational points of view.
It is evident that these people know when to back down, which I suppose is a good thing.
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

yeah. i apologize. i was acting childish. it was a great duet really. i enjoyed it very much. if they are happy and having fun on stage thats all that matters. i do regret freaking out. im over it
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

Oh I need to check out what i missed.
This gonna be fun :lol!:
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

cool kids wrote:yeah. i apologize. i was acting childish. it was a great duet really. i enjoyed it very much. if they are happy and having fun on stage thats all that matters. i do regret freaking out. im over it
Thank you.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

No, I still have to disagree. My only defense, what is Sum 41 doing now? Apparently nothing that will save that band.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Sum 41's doing stuff that helps their personal relationship rather than their professional relationship. You know, taking space from being a band and just talking to each other as friends. Probably re-evaluating the whole Dave situation. Stabilizing their personal relationships so that they have that backbone when they get back to work. Thinking about the new album. Don't you think that helps the band?

Fact is, you can doubt all you want, and I can understand why you're frustrated, but your comment earlier clearly came from a bitter place and was unacceptable.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

Alright fine, I'll own up to my comment earlier that is was unacceptable and maybe it's not their actual funeral. I know we expect alot from Sum 41 but remember, it's a business at the end of the day. And right now, they didn't rack in much money from the Underclass Hero tour, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost money.

With that said, despite how many allegations of me being "negative", I'll say this. I'm actually very positive about the next album, which I still stick to will come out. I honestly believe this next album will be a turn around. After this album, I think they know what it takes to sell out a big place, and not downsizing venues due to lack of ticket sales. More reasons, well, Cone's writing a lot for Operation M.D. so he's getting a lot of experience from that which he could probably bring that experience to the next Sum 41 album. Maybe Sum 41's realizing how important Dave was and how they need him back. Getting a producer would definitely help for the next one. In spite of how busy they all are, another hiatus isn't the best thing to due right now, but who knows what will come.
tomhoppus is my hero.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Yeah I was hardcore disappointed in this but that's probably do to with the fact that I hate Avril more then most things. It just seems to me like ever since Avril and Deryck got together Sum 41's been going slowly downhill. I guess there are alot of other factors involved but it really seems like Avril has Deryck pretty whipped. Also, it wouldn't be that hard to bring one guitar on tour with her. Its not like he has to lug every guitar he owns. Bringing one guitar wouldn't be that much hassle, and besides, as a guitarist you would think he'd want to play his own guitar. I know I wouldn't want to play someone elses guitar onstage because your guitar is like a part of your identity. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it but it just seems like Deryck changes to fit Avril's life more then she does to fit his. It sure seems like UH was heavily influenced by her comparing it to Sum's other albums. And I don't anothe hiatus will really help Sum 41 so much as it will hurt them.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

For the bit about the guitar being part of his identity, I totally understand, but since Deryck has TONS of guitars, it really doesn't matter. Plus, Avril is part of his identity.

And Avril has changed so much to suit Deryck. She is more girly not only because she's growing up but because that's the look he likes the most for her. It's well known that Deryck likes blondes and a few months into her relationship she went full-on blonde and never went back. She ended her friendship with the members of Simple Plan for him.

Deryck stopped doing drugs, cleaned up a bit (well, a lot), and went a bit poppier on this album. Yep, she's terrible. Leave her alone. Sum 41's changes are influenced a bit by her, but they are not entirely her fault.

And it's a it overdramatic to say it's terrible that he played someone else's guitar on 5 occasions for approximately 4 minutes.

I don't think their break is going to be nearly as long as the last one. Last time they were just saying they were taking a break. Now they're taking a break to work on other things and to write. They're certainly not in rest mode.
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

Phili wrote:For the bit about the guitar being part of his identity, I totally understand, but since Deryck has TONS of guitars, it really doesn't matter. Plus, Avril is part of his identity.

And Avril has changed so much to suit Deryck. She is more girly not only because she's growing up but because that's the look he likes the most for her. It's well known that Deryck likes blondes and a few months into her relationship she went full-on blonde and never went back. She ended her friendship with the members of Simple Plan for him.

Deryck stopped doing drugs, cleaned up a bit (well, a lot), and went a bit poppier on this album. Yep, she's terrible. Leave her alone. Sum 41's changes are influenced a bit by her, but they are not entirely her fault.

And it's a it overdramatic to say it's terrible that he played someone else's guitar on 5 occasions for approximately 4 minutes.

I don't think their break is going to be nearly as long as the last one. Last time they were just saying they were taking a break. Now they're taking a break to work on other things and to write. They're certainly not in rest mode.
5 x 4 mins = 20 minutes

OMFG! ITS THE END OF DA SUMZ!!!11!!111!one!
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

V wrote:
Phili wrote:For the bit about the guitar being part of his identity, I totally understand, but since Deryck has TONS of guitars, it really doesn't matter. Plus, Avril is part of his identity.

5 x 4 mins = 20 minutes

OMFG! ITS THE END OF DA SUMZ!!!11!!111!one!
Hahaha great mock. But don't be so quick to judge, considering you pronounced a fucking guy dead before he was. That must have been awkward.....
tomhoppus is my hero.
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

d4rkst4r wrote: Hahaha great mock. But don't be so quick to judge, considering you pronounced a fucking guy dead before he was. That must have been awkward.....
You mean Nic?

I would never do something like that without verifying my sources. In fact, I had to go and apologize for something because days after knowing the truth Nic wouldn't change the message ;)

PWNED
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Yeah, that had zero to do with V.

Has Jerry Finn died now? I'm confused.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Phili wrote: Deryck stopped doing drugs, cleaned up a bit (well, a lot), and went a bit poppier on this album. Yep, she's terrible. Leave her alone. Sum 41's changes are influenced a bit by her, but they are not entirely her fault.
I don't see what else they could be influenced by. It seems like Deryck has just lost his backbone.
I didn't say it was terrible it just seemed wrong to me.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

And besides, Avril's guitar is pretty much a carbon copy of Deryck's, just different stickers.