Sum 41 vs Green Day?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter
Re: Sum 41 vs Green Day?

Post by Peterr »

Kyle_ftl wrote:how the fuck is this even debatable?
Sum 41 may be the forum band, but to compare them to Green Day?
That's like comparing All Time Low to Blink-182.
It's an obvious answer.
Green Day has been around since the 80s and is one of the most influencial bands of its genre.
Sum 41 has been around since the late 90s or early 00s and was pretty much forgotten between Chuck and Underclass Hero... you can bet Green Day's next album is a number 1 album and probably is one of the best selling albums of the year.

Sum 41 is good, don't get me wrong... but to compare them to a band like Green Day... you'd have to be crazy.

No, I'm not a huge Green Day fan, so this isn't a biased opinion. This is just logic.
Are you taking away credit from sum 41 because they are young? Green day is better because they were around a long time ago? I agree that WHEN Green Day releasese a album it will be big.
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

Kyle_ftl wrote:
erikj9 wrote:lately i have been listening to a lot of GD, so i will say GD > Sum 41. And fuck you all that say american idiot sucked, just because they went mainstream doesnt mean they suck. I thought it was a pretty good album. I enjoy most of the songs on there anyway. But yeah, i do enjoy older green day better but hey what are ya gonna do :smug:
mainstream music, for the most part, sucks.
that's final.
I'm sorry, but that is absolutely ridiculous. The popularity of music has nothing to do with its quality.

Furthermore, I fail to see how Sum 41 is any less mainstream than Green Day. They have made no attempt to hide themselves from the mainstream. They are no more "anti-music-establishment" than Green Day. They simply aren't as popular. But they send their videos to MTV, go do the interviews, put their songs in TV series and all that jazz. It's just a matter of less people liking them than Green Day, and quite frankly, if we're comparing the integrity of both bands based on the outlooks of the individual members, I find that Green Day wins out for sure.

You want to be a musical rebel? Stop giving a crap. Trying to be all non-corporate and "punk" is just putting a different mask on conformity, not getting rid of it.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Kyle_ftl wrote:how the fuck is this even debatable?
Sum 41 may be the forum band, but to compare them to Green Day?
That's like comparing All Time Low to Blink-182.
It's an obvious answer.
Green Day has been around since the 80s and is one of the most influencial bands of its genre.
Sum 41 has been around since the late 90s or early 00s and was pretty much forgotten between Chuck and Underclass Hero... you can bet Green Day's next album is a number 1 album and probably is one of the best selling albums of the year.

Sum 41 is good, don't get me wrong... but to compare them to a band like Green Day... you'd have to be crazy.

No, I'm not a huge Green Day fan, so this isn't a biased oppinion. This is just logic.
Wait, you're saying that Green Day is better because they're more popular and more influential, but then you go and says mainstream sucks? What am I not getting here? Panic at the Disco's album was more successful than a lot of much better bands' albums but that doesn't make them better.
peacock181
Billy Spleen
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock181 »

sum and blink and greenday my fav bands
Heart Like A Hand Greanade
peacock181
Billy Spleen
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock181 »

also greenday are more original than sum 41 and dyrek copies billie joe on stage

cna see teh incluence
Heart Like A Hand Greanade
The Bitter End
First name: Josh.
n00b: Me.
AKA: El Shredder
360 Gamer Tag: sk8rboi456
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Backing Vocals
Instrument 3: Bass or Drums

Post by The Bitter End »

I used to like Greenday, but i think they suck now.

Sum 41 forever.
______ __ __ ___ ___ _ _ __
\ _ _ _\ \ \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \_ \ \ /__ \
\______ \ \ \ \ \ _ \ \_ _ \ \ \
_ _ _ _ \ \ \__\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
\_______\ \_______\ \___\ \___\ \_ \ \__\