Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:I'm trying to hold out this time, don't know how well I'll do though!
For me, it depends on how many other people will download it and start discussing it. It has nothing to do with peer pressure as far as I know, I just want to be able to discuss the album with everyone else and not get left behind!
if a number of songs/full album get's leaked, I might open another thread so we have 2 threads for the album discussion. 1 thread for all the discussion about the new songs/full album if it is leaked, then another thread for the people who don't want to talk about the songs until it's officially released. even without hearing the album, it will still be annoying reading everyone talking about each song. you'll get the general feel for the album before listening to it!
I might have to not visit TNS at all or something or hide my MacBook and just use my phone for Facebook and Twitter!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I am very good at not listening to other people's opinions about anything ...so I can read how shitty the songs are for an hour and still fucking enjoy each one of them ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:I'm trying to hold out this time, don't know how well I'll do though!
For me, it depends on how many other people will download it and start discussing it. It has nothing to do with peer pressure as far as I know, I just want to be able to discuss the album with everyone else and not get left behind!
if a number of songs/full album get's leaked, I might open another thread so we have 2 threads for the album discussion. 1 thread for all the discussion about the new songs/full album if it is leaked, then another thread for the people who don't want to talk about the songs until it's officially released. even without hearing the album, it will still be annoying reading everyone talking about each song. you'll get the general feel for the album before listening to it!
I might have to not visit TNS at all or something or hide my MacBook and just use my phone for Facebook and Twitter!
I'm going to stop everyone talking about the new (leaked) album outside of it's designated thread. I'm going to go Mod crazy!
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

I'm holding out too (apart from Skumfuk and the twenty second clip which I can't even remember and don't count anyway)

Surely there's no way there can be a leak from the listening party? I mean, they've had listening parties for it already and nothing has surfaced
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

fergal41 wrote:I'm holding out too (apart from Skumfuk and the twenty second clip which I can't even remember and don't count anyway)

Surely there's no way there can be a leak from the listening party? I mean, they've had listening parties for it already and nothing has surfaced
There haven't been any listening party's so far..
And Jeremy please don't hide your Mac.. If you do you won't be able to make those awesome video's
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:I'm going to stop everyone talking about the new (leaked) album outside of it's designated thread. I'm going to go Mod crazy!
Ah, yes, I suppose I could use my powers as well. We're the superheroes of the forum, after all.
blackhawk1105 wrote:
fergal41 wrote:I'm holding out too (apart from Skumfuk and the twenty second clip which I can't even remember and don't count anyway)

There haven't been any listening party's so far..
I think he means the listening parties that were held at Deryck's house where people from the label came to listen to the album. Though, in that case I think it's understandable why nothing would've leaked at those parties because everyone there wants to make money, so no one there would want the music up on the internet anyway. However, introduce 20 Sum 41 fans into the mix, there's bound to be a person wanting to be "the one who leaked Screaming Bloody Murder".
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

exactly ...and + they're Japanese ...5 cellphones on 1 person ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

FuckT41182 wrote:exactly ...and + they're Japanese ...5 cellphones on 1 person ...
Good one :glad:

I think the idea of making two threads is great. So people who don't want to hear it before it's officially released, can discuss as well.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I haven't listened to Skumfuck since the 9th of July, to be fair i find that song kind of boring. Sounds like something that wasn't good enough to go on UH.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

There hasn't been a day since it leaked that I haven't listened to it at least 5 times..
It's epic imo
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I am with Emil on this cause I have listened to Skumfuk like 10 times since it was released XD but I think it is a good song ...just have better ones to listen to ...my friends like it though and even the ones who doesn't listen to Sum 41
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Cone McCaslin dit
A : Sum 41 France ([email protected])
All good. New single in the next 3 weeks. Album end of March.
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by sumelf »

I think if we'd all together tried to write music instead of just staying here and waiting, we'd made seven screaming bloody murders and one additional EP
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Jeremy needs to make a video about the highs & lows of this thread.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

He needs to make a video of him begging Sum 41 for a tracklist or something like that.. in fact we all need to make a video like that..
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:Jeremy needs to make a video about the highs & lows of this thread.
This
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

We probably get the tracklist this month. Probably not later than that japanese listening party.

and btw I kinda expected that Screaming Bloody Murder would have more radio friendly chord progression. I'm proud of sums. Do you guys think that the first 3 singles will be
1.SBM
2. Piano ballad
3. Blood In My Eyes?

They've spoken highly about BIMY so it would make sense that it'd be a single.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

samueeL wrote:We probably get the tracklist this month. Probably not later than that japanese listening party.

and btw I kinda expected that Screaming Bloody Murder would have more radio friendly chord progression. I'm proud of sums. Do you guys think that the first 3 singles will be
1.SBM
2. Piano ballad
3. Blood In My Eyes?

They've spoken highly about BIMY so it would make sense that it'd be a single.
I'm really hoping that the piano ballad will be the 2nd single.. It sounds incredibly promising.. and is the song that excites me the most so far..
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

That would make sense.

It's always a good thing to release a representative song first, then one that's completely different and then once more a kinda representative one, like they did with Chuck.

They should've done that with UH too, imo. Switching Walking Disaster and With Me in chronology.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

I really hope they don't release a cheesy ballad as single, as good as the song may be i have a pretty good idea about what kind of people a song like that will appeal to, the "ZOMG, I LOVE SUM 41, PIECES IS SO BEAUTIFUL", runs out and buys Chuck, "OMG!111!! I HATE THIS DETAH METAL CRAP, WHY AREN'T ALL THEIR SONGS LIKE PIECES!111!???!"