Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: I'M ALSO LEAVING...

Post by Bobbyjames »

yea, usually in the first night they sell out. alot of people i know didnt manage to get a ticket the night they went on sale. the seetickets website jams up as well cos so many people are trying to get on their at once. i managed to get a backdoor link and go straight to the confirmaion page so i was alrite, lol

and like a week or so before the festival they were being sold on ebay for nearly £400 a ticket, i only paid £170 for mine
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

bobbyjames wrote:yea, usually in the first night they sell out. alot of people i know didnt manage to get a ticket the night they went on sale. the seetickets website jams up as well cos so many people are trying to get on their at once. i managed to get a backdoor link and go straight to the confirmaion page so i was alrite, lol

and like a week or so before the festival they were being sold on ebay for nearly £400 a ticket, i only paid £170 for mine
fuck that! i think i'll just stick with oxegen then.
i heard theres a live music curfew in england, that ends at like 11pm. is that true?
the headliners at oxegen end at 1am. you should definitely come over for it sometime :cool:
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

there are rumours of the law changing to something like that, i don't know exactly what it is at the moment, the headliners at Reading usually finish around half 11. at Download they usually finish around 11, but in 06 Metallica played for like 3 hours and didn't finish til like half 1.

there are local laws that prevent the music being at a certain volume, some of the bands were fairly quiet this year at Reading, the place is in the middle of the town basically, and all the old biddies need their sleep apparently.

how much is Oxegen usually? and does that sell out quick? i definatly wanna check out some other festivals next year, and Oxegen is one of them, if the lineup's good, lol
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

ah right. oxegen is on a race course in the countryside. so that might have something to do with it.

there are tickets on sale now, actually. they havent sold out yet, i dont think. plus, they release extra tickets about a month before.
last year i paid £150 for a ticket, plus €20 to camp an extra day, and €20 for a bus ticket from dublin.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

thats not too bad then, the only thing that will cost a bit for me is travelling there. ill have to look into it soon though really and work out how much ti will all cost before getting myself a ticket. when do they start announcing the lineup?
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

bobbyjames wrote:thats not too bad then, the only thing that will cost a bit for me is travelling there. ill have to look into it soon though really and work out how much ti will all cost before getting myself a ticket. when do they start announcing the lineup?
the first few bands are announced around christmas, and the full lineup is released in february or march, just before the tickets officially go on sale. you're best buying your tickets before this, though, cause theres always a massive rush.

travelling isnt very complicated. if you're coming from dublin airport, just get a bus into the city centre, and the bus collecting point is just around the corner.

this year i think i spent a total of £350.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

cool, at least they announce some of the bands early. and i dunno what would be the best/cheapest way to travel yet, either drive with friends and get a ferry accros, or get a flight over there. i think the airport near me has flights to Ireland, id have to check that really.

the more we're talking about this, the more i wanna go now, lol
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

same here. i wanna go back now!

if you end up going to it, you can always contact me and ask for directions or something
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

yea, that would be cool, we would need to have a few beers together as well. are there any rumours floating around yet about potential headliners for next year?
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

none yet.
i could see green day, arctic monkeys and/or franz ferdinand playing, though...
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

ive been reading loads of rumours about Green Day headlining some festivals over here next year, so that could be a possibility, and will the Arctic Monkeys have a new album out by then, i think i remember reading they were recording later this year or early next year