With Me music video Discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Re: With Me music video Discussion

Post by Phili »

Gunner wrote:I don't think the lonely old guy is the same as the old guy in the couple. Firstly, they don't look the same and secondly, when the lonely old guy is first introduced it looks like he's talking to someone. But when it shows an empty chair across the table it's clear he's got some sort of dementia hence, "pieces of memories fall to the ground."

As for the old and young couple, I think they could just be different couples to show that love is the same no matter whether you're a young couple or an old couple. Or something like that. I guess they could also be the same, but there just didn't seem to be a link in the video that made me think that.

As for the guy representing the Sum 41 guys and the girl representing their girlfriends/wives, I don't know since I only know what Avril looks like and I don't know if the guy's pompadour has any significance, haha. =P
Ok, about the last 2 paragraphs.

The young couple and old people are sitting on the same couch, and the young couple is clearly in the 50s or 60s.

And I've seen both Shannon and Jessy. All the little things about the girl that don't really match up with Avril tend to match up pretty well with either of them.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Jonny wrote:Well in my opinion, the video was boring and bland, much like the song.
They should have released The Jester, or they shouldn't have done that special release of March of the Dogs, and instead released March of the Dogs as an official single, with a video and all.
just by MAKING march of the dogs, Deryck got in big shit. imagine if they made a video for it. he would have gone to jail. its very obvious that they will never release MOTD or the jester as singles.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

TomiT14 wrote:
King of Contradiction wrote:What i will say though is that I'm so happy they included the piano for pull the curtain at the end, i've always thought it was very chilling ever since Deryck played it in the studio tour and that last 40 ish seconds of footage was truely awesome. Perhaps they'll follow this video by releasing pull the curtain. Now that'd be cool!
Ehm, WHAT?

Have you ever listened to With Me to the end? That piano part IS from With Me.

Listen to With Me and then Pull The Curtain. The endings are way different.
its just in the "with me" track, because the ending of with me fades into the piano of "pull the curtain". so they chose to put the beginning of the song to where the drums set in, it doesnt actually belong to "with me". but i agree, its very chilling and the perfect finish.

what a great video .. so much more than i expected. although i used to like their funny videoclips better than the serious ones, i have to say this is my favorite sum41 video at this time. i wouldnt say its their best, but definitely thought-provoking and very emotional, esp. if you are in a situation where you can relate to the lyrics and everything. beautiful editing too.

im also a little confused by the guy in the bathtub... my guess is: to me he looks like the fun guy you see at every party and would imagine being the happiest person on earth (isnt there a picture of him laughing?).

can anyone tell me what the girl holds in her hands at ~2:00? some kind of princess toy box or something?
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

It's a music box. :)
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
kevski

Post by kevski »

I can't believe some of you guys don't get the video. It's so obvious.

Beautifully shot on 16mm too.
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

NoReason27 wrote:
Jonny wrote:Well in my opinion, the video was boring and bland, much like the song.
They should have released The Jester, or they shouldn't have done that special release of March of the Dogs, and instead released March of the Dogs as an official single, with a video and all.
just by MAKING march of the dogs, Deryck got in big shit. imagine if they made a video for it. he would have gone to jail. its very obvious that they will never release MOTD or the jester as singles.
He wouldn't have gone to jail. He would have just got some awesome publicity.

Guest is my noob.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

Jonny wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:
lmao
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Jonny wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:
He was almost deported for the song alone.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

Phili wrote:
Jonny wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:
He was almost deported for the song alone.
yea, but they were never going to, theres worse things that they should be worrying about, theres fuckin tv shows and commercials that make fun of the president, im sure a song that doesnt even mention his name isnt a big deal
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals

Post by SociallyInept »

He couldn't have gone to jail or gotten deported. It's freedom of speech.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

They don't care. They actually took steps to have him deported.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Phili wrote:They don't care. They actually took steps to have him deported.
Really? I thought some journalist just got pissed off?
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

Phili wrote:They don't care. They actually took steps to have him deported.
Really? What'd they do?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Phili wrote: The young couple and old people are sitting on the same couch
What do you meanby that? The young couple's couch is long and blue while the old couple is sitting on a beige, shorter couch.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

The couch is in the same sort of place, though.

About the deportation thing... Well, the journalist notified someone high up at the White House, and that guy got really pissed off and and apparently filed something and people around Sum 41 had to tidy everything up.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

Phili wrote: About the deportation thing... Well, the journalist notified someone high up at the White House, and that guy got really pissed off and and apparently filed something and people around Sum 41 had to tidy everything up.
What the fuck,that's illegal, he could of fought that.

Beside it's no like MotD threatens the president. It just puts forth a hypothetical situation it which he gets killed.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

SociallyInept wrote:
Phili wrote: About the deportation thing... Well, the journalist notified someone high up at the White House, and that guy got really pissed off and and apparently filed something and people around Sum 41 had to tidy everything up.
What the fuck,that's illegal, he could of fought that.

Beside it's no like MotD threatens the president. It just puts forth a hypothetical situation it which he gets killed.
Yeah its like making a movie in where the president is being killed. Like this "Death of a President" about Bush's assassination or something. I never saw it but i heard that was the main idea of the movie.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I find it ironic that they get angry because a Canadian is singing about an American President but they're the same ones saying "America ftw!" in the war with Iraq.