Moderator: Jeremy Kill

I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

:? :x

Dave ditched them

Don't get me wrong, i love dave. but wtf. all that time touring/practicing/being friends. all that work and he walks.

I'd be pissed too.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

...oh ye who don't know the actual story AT ALL.

He did NOT ditch them.

Eh. There's no point. I'm not arguing this subject. Not today.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

I still don't think he was intentionally a prick about it...

...And, Dave did leave them, which, if you want to have a harsher connotation, is technically ditching them.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Ditching is leaving in the lurch, sudden abandonment.

Even Deryck says it was a long time coming. It was a process, not just an abandonment. And he didn't just ditch in the middle of recording or touring or anything.

Leaving and ditching are NOT the same thing.

...awe...I said I wasn't going to argue it...I guess I lied *lol*

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

Well.

there HAD to be other methods than leaving. :o
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Ok, so I guess that was the wrong word. Bad wording. Honest mistake.

I would love to see a screen cap of this e-mail regarding a contract, though.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:Well.

How else would you propose for him to no longer be a part of the band other than his leaving? *lol* I'm not sure there's another method of action for that.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:Well.

Dave phoned all his bandmates and told them he was quitting. That isn't really "ditching". Especially when all the band members say afterwards something along the lines of "we knew it was going to happen." And Deryck even said once that he was "surprised Dave stayed as long as he did."

I messaged Dave on Facebook once about this and he said he was really hurt by Deryck what said since he had a lot of input.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah its better than Tom DeLonge not even calling Mark and Travis or telling them this face to face.
He just passed the message through his manager who told Mark and Travis the news.
Jeremy Kill
Re: What happened with chuck ?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

angelworld wrote:Hey everybody, i just went on ultimate-guitar, and in the news, i saw this text : "Underclass Hero marks a step in a bold new direction for the group. They're better than ever and this time no regrets."
What does it mean ? Did Deryck was disappointed with chuck ? Did he feel that he had not done waht he wanted ? I know Chuck wasn't a great success, but this "no regrets" really surprises me ...
Sorry for this stupid question, but i really want to know !
What is means by "no regrets" mainly applies to Deryck and that this time around, he went with his gut feeling rather than not. I remember Deryck saying in the Q&A that in the past he would have this intuition when creating a song, but he wouldn't act on it and eventually regret it. So on Underclass Hero he followed every gut feeling he had.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

I dont know if everybody else knows this or not you probably do but the old slagbook is still online just type "Sum 41 slagbook" into Google I dunno if you can still post on it or not but its there anyway

http://www6.islandrecords.com/sum41/www ... 1&id=guest
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

hey everyone so yes the rumors are true. dave has left the band. he was sick of this whole life and would have more fun playing in his own classic metal band. so we respect that. there's no hard feelings what so ever. the fact is dave lost interest a long time ago. not to take any credit away from him, but he really didn't have anything to do with this band creatively for a long time. i wrote all those riffs and played most of them on the albums. so from a creative stand point nothing is going to change with sum41. we will miss dave a lot. and we don't plan on replacing him. we are in the middle of making our greatest record yet. it will definitely be our most exciting and important record we've ever made. and we plan on touring more and longer on this album than we ever have before. this may sound weird but this is the best thing that could have happened to sum41 right now. because in order to make a great record everyone involved has to be excited. and daves excitment was gone after all killer. so don't worry, sum41 is still sum41 and will sound the way we always have. we're just bummed we won't get to share the same stage with dave anymore. see you all soon.
biz

http://www6.islandrecords.com/sum41/www ... thread.php

Asho:
Dave WAS Sum 41. It'll never be the same.

Fuck you and your "the best thing that could have happened to the band" bullshit, Deryck.

It sounds like pure FUCKING BULLSHIT to me.

Deryck, you're full of shit. Stop pretending you're the entire band, it's bloody disgusting.

Dave is a guitar God, don't you ever talk like he's not.
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Its kind of hard to surf around, like about half of the time the pages dont load up etc. so ye have to go back and do it again then it works but as I said ye probably all know about this and I was the only one who didnt and Im only finding out now but what harm eh?
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

fergal41 wrote:hey everyone so yes the rumors are true. dave has left the band. he was sick of this whole life and would have more fun playing in his own classic metal band. so we respect that. there's no hard feelings what so ever. the fact is dave lost interest a long time ago. not to take any credit away from him, but he really didn't have anything to do with this band creatively for a long time. i wrote all those riffs and played most of them on the albums. so from a creative stand point nothing is going to change with sum41. we will miss dave a lot. and we don't plan on replacing him. we are in the middle of making our greatest record yet. it will definitely be our most exciting and important record we've ever made. and we plan on touring more and longer on this album than we ever have before. this may sound weird but this is the best thing that could have happened to sum41 right now. because in order to make a great record everyone involved has to be excited. and daves excitment was gone after all killer. so don't worry, sum41 is still sum41 and will sound the way we always have. we're just bummed we won't get to share the same stage with dave anymore. see you all soon.
biz

Asho:

Fuck you and your "the best thing that could have happened to the band" bullshit, Deryck.

Deryck, you're full of shit. Stop pretending you're the entire band, it's bloody disgusting.

He's not in a "classic metal band"

you fail already.
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:
fergal41 wrote:hey everyone so yes the rumors are true. dave has left the band. he was sick of this whole life and would have more fun playing in his own classic metal band. so we respect that. there's no hard feelings what so ever. the fact is dave lost interest a long time ago. not to take any credit away from him, but he really didn't have anything to do with this band creatively for a long time. i wrote all those riffs and played most of them on the albums. so from a creative stand point nothing is going to change with sum41. we will miss dave a lot. and we don't plan on replacing him. we are in the middle of making our greatest record yet. it will definitely be our most exciting and important record we've ever made. and we plan on touring more and longer on this album than we ever have before. this may sound weird but this is the best thing that could have happened to sum41 right now. because in order to make a great record everyone involved has to be excited. and daves excitment was gone after all killer. so don't worry, sum41 is still sum41 and will sound the way we always have. we're just bummed we won't get to share the same stage with dave anymore. see you all soon.
biz

Asho:

you fail already.

Pointless...
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

fergal41 wrote:
biz

Asho:

you fail already.

Pointless...
I'd love to see you making better music than Sum 41.

You're going around trashing Deryck, and being way over dramatic. "its bloody disgusting" wtf?

Yes your post was pointless. It was only to kiss Daves butt and bash Deryck.
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

fergal41 wrote:
biz

Asho:

you fail already.

Pointless...

You're going around trashing Deryck, and being way over dramatic. "its bloody disgusting" wtf?

Oh my God where to begin...you...never make a point while posting on this board..ever. That's why everyone gives out about you and you got banned. If you tried to just post when it was needed and not say stuff like "omgz lolz Dave ditched the band" and things like your last two posts then I wouldnt have to be saying this to you.

And none of that post was said by me...I was quoting Asho and Deryck from May 2006 from the Slagbook because Rick and V were interested in knowing more about it.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:I'd love to see you making better music than Sum 41.

Are you trashing him because he quoted what Deryck and Asho said?

I think that post was useful, since I hadn't seen that conversation before.
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

fergal41 wrote:
biz

Asho:

you fail already.

Pointless...

Wow, charley, you really are a fat retard.

Guest is my noob.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

1) Whats this slag book, and why isnt it working?
2) No offense to dave, he's a great guitar player and everything, but he owes alot to deryck's great songwriting abilities, made them all famous.
3) Heres proof phili
I also find it weird that the guys of sum 41 would want it downplayed in the press.
tomhoppus is my hero.