Green Day - Cigarettes And Valentines (New Song)

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Re: Green Day - Cigarettes And Valentines (New Song)

Post by Jake-41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:So you think that The Network was just a short lived side-project? Because that's obvious that Billie Joe is the singer. The release date is also interesting. C & V would've been released in 2003, Money Money 2020 was released in 2003. Warning wasn't "Green Day style" neither.

He said it in 2006 or 2008. If he'd said it before the master recordings were "stolen", I'd believe it. Most likely he just said it because he want the Green Day fans to think that Money Money 2020 =/= Cigarettes & Valentines, and Green Day =/= The Network.
Of course Billie Joe is the singer. I never said The Network isn't Green Day, of course they are.
But can you seriously say that Green Day would've released that über space stuff under the name of Green Day - Cigarettes & Valentines?

Warning may not be the same style as their first albums, but it's really similar to Nimrod, and much closer to GD style than Money Money, which is totally in its own style, that's why they released it under a different band name, 'cause it didn't fit in with Green Day style.

I'm not saying Money Money wouldn't have had some influences from the scrapped C&V album. But to say that C&V = Money Money is way over the top IMO.
Lol, i dunno what this rant is about, but i have never heard of "The Network." But, it doesn't really matter! It worked out for the best in the end IMO.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jake-41 wrote:Lol, i dunno what this rant is about, but i have never heard of "The Network." But, it doesn't really matter! It worked out for the best in the end IMO.
The Network is a side project band by the members of Green Day. They have released only one album, Money Money 2020. I don't like that shit, some futuristic space sounds.
One song is quite decent though, Roshambo.
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

I would love to hear this recorded + more C&V songs played. In my opinion it didn't turn into The Network.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I actually like this song.
I've been wondering if it's one from the stolen tape. If they tried to re-record it or changed it up.