Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by dbauer91 »

anyone think this might be new album art? http://shop.bompa.com/sum41/sum-41-eagl ... black.html i mean this is official merch, so this might be what the album cover will look like. also, is this probably a title to a new song? http://shop.bompa.com/sum41/sum-41-over ... black.html or at least a lyric from some new stuff, cuz it's also official merch.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

dbauer91 wrote:anyone think this might be new album art? http://shop.bompa.com/sum41/sum-41-eagl ... black.html i mean this is official merch, so this might be what the album cover will look like. also, is this probably a title to a new song? http://shop.bompa.com/sum41/sum-41-over ... black.html or at least a lyric from some new stuff, cuz it's also official merch.
I remember the first pic used somewhere else, but I don't remember where I saw it, and the second pic are lyrics from a new song, Deryck said those lyrics to someone who interview him. I think it was TomiT14
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

dbauer91 wrote:anyone think this might be new album art? http://shop.bompa.com/sum41/sum-41-eagl ... black.html i mean this is official merch, so this might be what the album cover will look like. also, is this probably a title to a new song? http://shop.bompa.com/sum41/sum-41-over ... black.html or at least a lyric from some new stuff, cuz it's also official merch.
They don't have any album art finished yet.. and the lyrics belong to 'Blood in my eyes'
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

fenderrocks wrote:I have a crazy music variety....everything from Led Zeppelin and Taylor Swift to Van Halen and Heart ...lol...something for every mood. I really don't have a lot of "new" music though, at least not the popular stuff, I like acts that don't get the credit they deserve like Butch Walker and KT Tunstall. But yeah, Sum41 is my fave band because of the variety in music and lyrics. My second fave band is The Clash.

basically I listen to whatever sounds good to me
I hear you, man, I'm like that too. I'm really varied in my musical taste. I have so much music on my computer, I wish I had money to buy all these albums on real CDs and stuff, I don't have too many CDs but I got all the albums of Sum 41, Billy Talent, Guns N' Roses and some local bands.
I really listen to anything from like.. Led Zeppelin, AC/DC Beatles and old stuff like that to Nirvana, Soundgarden and grunge stuff, to punk like Sum 41, Blink 182, Yellowcard.. to more groove/metalcore stuff like Lamb of God, Parkway Drive and Pantera, to post-hardcore (or emocore/scenecore, whatever people call it haha) like A Day to Remember, Silverstein, Our Last Night, Attack Attack, and lately even dubstep like Borgore, Flux Pavilion, etc haha. Pretty varied I think!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

The eagle shirt has been around since the start of this year, and since the band hasn't thought about the artwork yet, it's not certain that the eagle will be on the album art.

"I'm over you" is a lyric from Blood In My Eyes.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Haven't watched this yet myself, but Finnish music website had an interview with Steve and Cone while their stay in Finland.

EDIT: Shit. Nothing exciting really. Can't believe they had time for doing this rather than giving me a chance to ask proper questions. :glad:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Nice interview.. nothing new though, but I like the stories from when they were younger and stuff like that
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Nice interview.. nothing new though, but I like the stories from when they were younger and stuff like that
Yeah, but the interviewer annoys me.
"In 2003, you played a few Metallica covers."
No shit? But why 2003? They did a whole show full of Metallica covers in 2009, and they've played Master Of Puppets on almost every show this year.

:roll:
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

That new MCR album was fucking terrible by the way. Anyone who wants the Sums to sound like that should be thrown in a purgatory...
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Name
Bunkface
First name: Dave
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Name »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:That new MCR album was fucking terrible by the way. Anyone who wants the Sums to sound like that should be thrown in a purgatory...
I wouldn't say it was bad. I thought it was a fantastic album on my 2nd time listening to it. Too many people try to compare THP with Killjoys but they are two TOTALLY different albums so people think they should bash the band for mixing things up.

Anyways back to Sum 41. I'm shocked that i still listen to them for hours a day for quite a while now because usually i get sick of bands albums within a year but for me Sum41 is not like that i think i will always listen to them.
ScottEdmondson41

Post by ScottEdmondson41 »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:That new MCR album was fucking terrible by the way. Anyone who wants the Sums to sound like that should be thrown in a purgatory...
I agree with that. I loved them in their other albums but i can't stand the new album.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Can't stand MCR... but I really can't criticize them if I don't listen to their crap. :devious:
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

you must listen to metal or something
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I really like MCR first three albums ...after a few listens I can say that there is a few good songs on their newest shit ...but nothing like the previous ones ...actually everytime I want to listen to that shit I rather find myself something better to listen to XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I'm hungover.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

This thread is about Sums album and not about MCR. so can we cut the MCR crap now?

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Shelley41 wrote:This thread is about Sums album and not about MCR. so can we cut the MCR crap now?
yeah but it's about a discussion in Skumfuk thread where people felt MCR influence in Skumfuk and they were talking about SBM possibly sounding like MCR ...so Jesus just said that it would suck big time and I think it is related to SBM...even though Sum 41 album cannot sound like MCR new one because SBM is supposed to be dark not happy ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Shelley41 wrote:This thread is about Sums album and not about MCR. so can we cut the MCR crap now?
Exactly what I thought. I hate MCR anyway.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

lisaNL wrote:
Exactly what I thought. I hate MCR anyway.
Couldn't say it any better.
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

i think it is safe to say though that sum 41 takes some influence from my chemical romance. i honestly think in 'scumfuk', the part when deryck sings "tragedy" really sounds like gerard way.

past songs in underclass hero also have that sound, 'the jester', and i think 'this is goodbye' too. it's one thing to take some influence from bands, but i hope sum 41 sticks to their own style. they promised a diverse sounding record for screaming bloody murder, so there's bound to be some haters.

i also think island might make announcements within the month. their release calendar will be empty by december 14th, so they might make some upcoming release announcements just so they don't have that empty. just a thought, really. i hope they release the album by march, but i only remember them saying 'spring' and that's almost like saying 'sometime between now and when we die.'