Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Re: TNS Twitter Thread

Post by Sara »

Janet wrote:
Sara wrote:I have no idea what I want to study in college. And it gives me a headache just thinking about it. I used to know what I wanted, but now I'm just confused.

How'd you guys manage? Do you really end up choosing what you truly want and not regret it?
Well, my idea came like lightning from a clear sky. I know what i love and i decided pursue it, because hey, we only got one life, right?
The sad part is that some people find out what they love when it's too late. I guess if you still don't know after finishing high school, then you have to eliminate the things you don't want to do and see what's left.
My choice is perfect because i wanted to study something very very far from maths and physics and that is art.
I really want to study photography. But I need to get better and practise more from now. And my mom keeps saying it's hard to make a living out of it. And I keep assuring her I don't wanna have kids or get married till I really get settled down, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to support myself with it. I know what I DON'T want to study. And I know what I want to study the most is photography. My mom's even found a great institute for me, and then a month after that she was all "Pff, don't study photography :roll: " ... I know I want it, I hope I'm getting it, and if I do, I WILL make a living out of it. Period.
I'm even considering doing some literature or some other art.
Medicine, architecture, engineering, fashion, advertising, business and all that stuff is way out of the question.
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I don't want to spend my Saturday working on stuff for school.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Great way to spend Saturday = play 7 hours inFamous...
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Sara wrote: I really want to study photography. But I need to get better and practise more from now. And my mom keeps saying it's hard to make a living out of it. And I keep assuring her I don't wanna have kids or get married till I really get settled down, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to support myself with it. I know what I DON'T want to study. And I know what I want to study the most is photography. My mom's even found a great institute for me, and then a month after that she was all "Pff, don't study photography :roll: " ... I know I want it, I hope I'm getting it, and if I do, I WILL make a living out of it. Period.
Medicine, architecture, engineering, fashion, advertising, business and all that stuff is way out of the question.
Not a bad idea, if i weren't into art i'd probably do photography more often as well, there's even a chance to study photography in the art academy i'm going, but i still chose art. The thing is, your mom, just like mine and probably any other mom in the world thinks you're a stupid little kid who's going to ruin her life without her guidance. I sat mine down like an adult and explained what i wanted and how she'll just have to accept it, because after all, it's my life. The key is compromises, let her know that you still value her opinion, but you just need to take this road or you might end up regretting it. I also said, that it doesn't matter if it's hard to make a living with it, as long as you're happy doing it. I'd rather die as a happy poor person than a wealthy yet miserable one.

I'm going to kill my brother, i stayed up all night drawing a birthday present for his girlfriend, because he can't afford any presents, what a douchebag. Anyway it looked like this:
i was a bit sad about giving it away though, because it came out pretty good

I'm going to set things straight with my bank soon so i can do all of your requests, dudes :)
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

You're amazing at drawing.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Emil wrote:You're amazing at drawing.
seconded
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Bass Cone wrote:
Emil wrote:You're amazing at drawing.
seconded
Thank you both :)
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Janet wrote:
Sara wrote: I really want to study photography. But I need to get better and practise more from now. And my mom keeps saying it's hard to make a living out of it. And I keep assuring her I don't wanna have kids or get married till I really get settled down, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to support myself with it. I know what I DON'T want to study. And I know what I want to study the most is photography. My mom's even found a great institute for me, and then a month after that she was all "Pff, don't study photography :roll: " ... I know I want it, I hope I'm getting it, and if I do, I WILL make a living out of it. Period.
Not a bad idea, if i weren't into art i'd probably do photography more often as well, there's even a chance to study photography in the art academy i'm going, but i still chose art. The thing is, your mom, just like mine and probably any other mom in the world thinks you're a stupid little kid who's going to ruin her life without her guidance. I sat mine down like an adult and explained what i wanted and how she'll just have to accept it, because after all, it's my life. The key is compromises, let her know that you still value her opinion, but you just need to take this road or you might end up regretting it. I also said, that it doesn't matter if it's hard to make a living with it, as long as you're happy doing it. I'd rather die as a happy poor person than a wealthy yet miserable one.

I'm going to kill my brother, i stayed up all night drawing a birthday present for his girlfriend, because he can't afford any presents, what a douchebag. Anyway it looked like this:
i was a bit sad about giving it away though, because it came out pretty good

I'm going to set things straight with my bank soon so i can do all of your requests, dudes :)
see that's why i've been arguing with my mom lately apparently she regrets taht she did not study any degree even though my gradma told her to do so
to sum up i ended up yelling her that i'm not as stupid as she was /is and she has to stop with this bullshit also i told her that i don't miss her much during the week which is true
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Still Waiting wrote: see that's why i've been arguing with my mom lately apparently she regrets taht she did not study any degree even though my gradma told her to do so
to sum up i ended up yelling her that i'm not as stupid as she was /is and she has to stop with this bullshit also i told her that i don't miss her much during the week which is true
I hate how they think they need to live through us. Maybe you'll regret taking a degree? Shit, you'll never know anything unless you do something.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

uh-oh, spilled milk.
Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Post by Sara »

Mississippi Burning wrote: Not a bad idea, if i weren't into art i'd probably do photography more often as well, there's even a chance to study photography in the art academy i'm going, but i still chose art. The thing is, your mom, just like mine and probably any other mom in the world thinks you're a stupid little kid who's going to ruin her life without her guidance. I sat mine down like an adult and explained what i wanted and how she'll just have to accept it, because after all, it's my life. The key is compromises, let her know that you still value her opinion, but you just need to take this road or you might end up regretting it. I also said, that it doesn't matter if it's hard to make a living with it, as long as you're happy doing it. I'd rather die as a happy poor person than a wealthy yet miserable one.
Very well said! And thanks, haha.
I know I'm going to end up talking it out with her. They even argued with my older sister and she wanted to study MEDICINE. :confusion: (Which, btw, she ended up studying.)
I don't wanna study something for the sake of the money.
It's like, oh Sara study [insert boring lameass major here] and you'll get really good income.
Well, whatevz dudez. Anything will get you good money if you have the flipping will.
And if i face any financial dificulties, then alright. Where's the fun in perfection anyway? I'd enjoy working for my money. Bai.
And awesome drawing! =D

I watched Avatar in IMAX last night and it was so epic. Yeah, it's a lot like Pocahontas but it still pwns it big time. I loved the concept and strong emotion in it. The morals are different than those of Pocahontas, though. I bet Jake's brother was all "wtf my brother'z an alien nao lul? wtf did i miss?"
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

going to see Pour Habit and The Expendables tonight!
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Da_Aman wrote:going to see Pour Habit and The Expendables tonight!
Seek professional help.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Aaron
Underclass Hero

Post by Aaron »

Jake! wrote:
Da_Aman wrote:going to see Pour Habit and The Expendables tonight!
Seek professional help.
whats the problem?
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Who would've thought that this thread i made, while i was really REALLY bored, would become the most active topic on TNS? It has more posts than the photo album, and it's daily updated with 10 to 20 posts!

I wish the entire forum would be as busy as this thread. Not as random though.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Madjid wrote:Who would've thought that this thread i made, while i was really REALLY bored, would become the most active topic on TNS? It has more posts than the photo album, and it's daily updated with 10 to 20 posts!

I wish the entire forum would be as busy as this thread. Not as random though.
Funny cos you NEVER post in this thread...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Going to spend three days in the city to write my last exam. It's going to be a classic Boulevard of Broken Dreams trip for sure.
Aaron
Underclass Hero

Post by Aaron »

I'm not even gonna try to explain what went down tonight. Just look here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... cc21d6e03f
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Da_Aman wrote:I'm not even gonna try to explain what went down tonight. Just look here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... cc21d6e03f
Wow, looks like you had a good time! I don't have a clue about any of those bands, but still pretty cool nonetheless.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

bored of work this week already.