Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by Hentaiman »

I prefer Mark over Tom, he also seems like a much more nicer and down to earth guy, not like Tom with all of his bullshit.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Scott seemed to be the nicest and most down to earth of them.
Rocket41
Billy Spleen
First name: Taylor

Post by Rocket41 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Tom is still my favorite Blink member.
Agreed

Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Rocket41 wrote:
Agreed
He used to be mine but his credibility went down the drain when he claimed God wrote half his record, that he would have the biggest band in two years, that Mark and Travis would be sorry when the record was released and when he bashed Blink at an AVA show. I know he isn't like that anymore bu stil...
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Emil wrote:
Rocket41 wrote:
Agreed
He used to be mine but his credibility went down the drain when he claimed God wrote half his record, that he would have the biggest band in two years, that Mark and Travis would be sorry when the record was released and when he bashed Blink at an AVA show. I know he isn't like that anymore bu stil...
When he said those things, I started to like him even more.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:
Rocket41 wrote:
Agreed
wait...didn't he say,that all the things he said back then were just an outcome of him being drugged ???I think he said that in one interview ...his back was really bad and he was taking vicodin ...I don't know if this "cure" can cause such a big brain damage but it's still a possibility...

and there was too much anger and everything what you read in the media is shit ...like Mark Hoppus once said,he said a sentecne in one interview after interviewer who was supposed to talk about +44 was making only questions about Tom ...Mark got angry and said : "fuck Tom Delonge,this is our new band +44 and we wanna talk about it"..(or something like that) ...and do you know what was the headline ? Fuck Tom Delonge ...

in one interview Tom said: "I didn't really want to leave Blink 182 ..but they wanted to go touring and I wanted to see my kids growing up"...

I don't know ...I find Tom a really good guy ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

i guess i might be a bit biased because i have always preferred tom to the others, maybe just because he's guitar and i play guitar. but i dont think he seemed like the baddie in the break up. he went pretty weird with AVA and the god shit but yeah he's a good guy. mark seemed like a dick after the break up too.

i dont think we're in any position to comment though. we don't know half of the true story. i highly doubt they have told anyone. you see shit in interviews about it but they wouldnt tell everything. only those 3 would know it.
Rocket41
Billy Spleen

Post by Rocket41 »

If you watched Start the Machine he says it was half joking and half the vicodin

Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

about the second coming of jesus thing or whatever?
anyone that took him seriously is fucked up lol
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Rocket41 wrote:If you watched Start the Machine he says it was half joking and half the vicodin
Yeah that's true but back when he said those things at least i didn't know that, and it still doesn't take away the fact that he said "I don't wanna be in fucking pop band, that plays fucking pop songs that kids listens to in their cars".
And i believe it was Travis that said fuck Tom DeLonge, understandable if they've been asked to do a interview about +44 and the interviewer only asks about blink. That and the fact i think he really meant it.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

it was Travis, I think, I swear that interview was in Kerrang.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I didn't like how +44 had the song "No It Isn't" and said that it wasn't about Tom. I remember interviews where Mark said it was titled that way because people would be asking, "Is this song about Tom?" They continued to adamantly deny that it was ever about the Blink breakup.

Then all of a sudden I read this interview in a random magazine and Mark's like, "Yeah, it's basically just a big 'fuck you' to Tom DeLonge."
Rocket41
Billy Spleen

Post by Rocket41 »

Emil wrote:
Rocket41 wrote:If you watched Start the Machine he says it was half joking and half the vicodin
Yeah that's true but back when he said those things at least i didn't know that, and it still doesn't take away the fact that he said "I don't wanna be in fucking pop band, that plays fucking pop songs that kids listens to in their cars".
And i believe it was Travis that said fuck Tom DeLonge, understandable if they've been asked to do a interview about +44 and the interviewer only asks about blink. That and the fact i think he really meant it.
I still don't believe Tom was talking about blink when he said that

Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Rocket41 wrote:
Emil wrote:
I still don't believe Tom was talking about blink when he said that
Who knows? The video was deleted years ago. No, It Isn't is probably just like Man Overboard.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

fuck this whole thing ..
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

lol they played when you fucked grandpa at their austria gig
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I didn't like how +44 had the song "No It Isn't" and said that it wasn't about Tom. I remember interviews where Mark said it was titled that way because people would be asking, "Is this song about Tom?" They continued to adamantly deny that it was ever about the Blink breakup.

Then all of a sudden I read this interview in a random magazine and Mark's like, "Yeah, it's basically just a big 'fuck you' to Tom DeLonge."
that song was so obvously about about Tom/Blink break up! I swear i read somewhere that they leaked it on Tom's birthday as well.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Bobby Sumfan James wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I didn't like how +44 had the song "No It Isn't" and said that it wasn't about Tom. I remember interviews where Mark said it was titled that way because people would be asking, "Is this song about Tom?" They continued to adamantly deny that it was ever about the Blink breakup.

that song was so obvously about about Tom/Blink break up! I swear i read somewhere that they leaked it on Tom's birthday as well.
Yeah I remember reading that too, that it was leaked on Tom's b-day.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Does anyone know what they're up to now?
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Emil wrote:Does anyone know what they're up to now?
Waiting for travis to boat back to america

Also go to http://www.playlist.com/ you can see a little bit of blink mentioned by mark for now.