Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Lars
All Killer No Filler

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Lars »

This if OFF-topic:

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm off to the Pukkelpop-festival, that's in Belgium. Sum 41 played their like 7 years a go. This year's line-up is fucking crazy: Blink 182, Placebo, Iron Maiden, The Prodigy, Queens of the Stone Age, NOFX, Bad Religion, All Time Low,....

I'm really hoping for some fresh news when I come back. No things like "It's heavy, dark and intense" allowed!

See you on sunday!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Dammit, I hoped they finished mixing already and hopefully gone into the mastering or even finished the mastering but god... after all that... its almost the end of the summer and the album isn't even mixed? they started mixing so long ago... whats up with that? maybe Deryck does want to be involved with the mixing and they kind halted the process from back when they were in Miami to now when they finished Warped Tour so Deryck can be there.. thats a bummer if its like that. I know mastering shouldn't take too much... just a week max, but with Sum 41 and this album who knows!
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

they need to release some new shit fast. What's the point of touring in Europe twice without new material? It's pointless.
And by the time they have the album out people have lost interest again, like nobody is going to travel so far just to see them for the 3rd time within 12 months when they will only play mostly the oldies again anyway.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

SUM 41 FRANCE:

hey amin!
please excuse the delay, i've been pretty busy.
things are going great! the song i wrote is now called screaming bloody murder, deryck wrote the lyrics. i played some guitar on the new record.
the gob record is in the works but we still have a lot to record, we'll finish it as soon as possible. the songs are the best songs i've ever written.
hope to see u soon in paris too!
tom

http://sum41-france.com

;)
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

DW_60 wrote:SUM 41 FRANCE:

hey amin!
please excuse the delay, i've been pretty busy.
things are going great! the song i wrote is now called screaming bloody murder, deryck wrote the lyrics. i played some guitar on the new record.
the gob record is in the works but we still have a lot to record, we'll finish it as soon as possible. the songs are the best songs i've ever written.
hope to see u soon in paris too!
tom

http://sum41-france.com

;)
Cool, so Tom does play on the new record! Awesome! And on the title track none the less... I have a feeling the title track will be the first single.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:they need to release some new shit fast. What's the point of touring in Europe twice without new material? It's pointless.
And by the time they have the album out people have lost interest again, like nobody is going to travel so far just to see them for the 3rd time within 12 months when they will only play mostly the oldies again anyway.
I am gonna see them for second time in Prague ...I've seen them in Vienna in April I think,and in September I am gonna do it again ...and I don't really care what stuff they will play ...I like all of their songs ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

looks like they are going to play new songs
http://www.sum41.com/blog_d.aspx?nid=7708
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Oh shit, I don't think I'll be able to resist hearing Screaming Bloody Murder live... I hope the album version comes out before they start playing it though!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, if they're not releasing the album before the Eastpak Antidote Tour to promote it on the tour, they at least need to release the first single before the album so they could promote the single properly.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Sum 41 is for sure going to have a couple of songs probably the 12 minute song and Screaming Bloody Murder released before that tour. Yeah and there will be a few that will probably be played first on the tour. According to that article it seems the album is coming either holiday 2010 or next year.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

finally we've got something to discuss ...but I have nothing to say :D single or album shoould be out before the tour ... I hope for the album ! and the 12 minute song earlier :D
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

FuckT41182 wrote:finally we've got something to discuss ...but I have nothing to say :D single or album shoould be out before the tour ... I hope for the album ! and the 12 minute song earlier :D
The 12 minute song will undoubtedly be out by then, but who says SBM will be the first single? It's possible- but it could be Jessica kill (if JK isn't actually the 12 min song). But no way is the record going to be released before EASTPAK. I'm goin to the Glasgow show, and expect great things! First time seeing them live, believe it or not.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

someone thought we had to wait till page 130 to get the 12 minute song.. let's hope he was right
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:finally we've got something to discuss ...but I have nothing to say :D single or album shoould be out before the tour ... I hope for the album ! and the 12 minute song earlier :D
The 12 minute song will undoubtedly be out by then, but who says SBM will be the first single? It's possible- but it could be Jessica kill (if JK isn't actually the 12 min song). But no way is the record going to be released before EASTPAK. I'm goin to the Glasgow show, and expect great things! First time seeing them live, believe it or not.
Its possible for the single to be any song. What significance does Jessica Kill have over other songs? We don't even know anything about it.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

:)

*Can't do the Youtube link thing*
Last edited by Heather on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Either SMB is not good enough to be here http://www.spin.com/gallery/25-fall-alb ... age=4#main or it's not gonna be out this fall ...

btw: I am looking forward to Bad Religion,Likin Park and Jimmy Eat World...
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

on myspace i asked cone and tom, "With a few months of touring coming up when does it look like the new Sum 41 album will come out?"

cone said:
Very early next year. We're talking about Feb. possibly.
tom said:
not sure man. it's pretty much done but there isn't a release date yet
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

PTswim41 wrote:on myspace i asked cone and tom, "With a few months of touring coming up when does it look like the new Sum 41 album will come out?"

cone said:
tom said:
Wow, seriously? Excuse me while I suicide! :suicide:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

PTswim41 wrote:on myspace i asked cone and tom, "With a few months of touring coming up when does it look like the new Sum 41 album will come out?"

cone said:
tom said:
yeah that's probably why SBM is missing there ...
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:

cone said:
tom said:
Wow, seriously? Excuse me while I suicide! :suicide:
i think ill join you :headbanger: :suicide: