Page 2 of 3

Re: cd

From: riffer (115786032)
To: Cone McCaslin (387048490)
Date: Feb 13, 2009 2:37 PM
Subject: hey whats crackin Cone?

Hey Cone
im not gonna keep asking the same questions haha
you probably get bored right?
well
my NEW one is......
1.whenever you guys are done recording
you guys gotta send the songs to be mixed right?
how long does that take?
2.are you guys almost done recording?
My other question is well actually its kinda a 2 part one
3. on the new greatest hits coming out in march
could there possible be another new song on it?
sorry if you can't let that info out
and my last one is...
4. if the music you guys (sum 41) are recording right now turns out to be an E.P
will you still make a video for a song?

Re: cd

by Jeremy Kill
Dang, son. I'm hoping the new Sum album gets released sometime in 2009 at least.

Are they on any deadlines? I know they weren't with Underclass Hero, but didn't Universal Music say something about an album in 2009?

Re: cd

by Hentaiman
^
Yeah, I think Universal said Sum 41 were picked up for an album in 2009. But hell, now with Cone saying that they aren't even close to being done and that they haven't even completed writing... well, that sucks. Blink I guess as much as I wanted the Sums to just release their album already! ><
Blink are already marketing their album as a summer release so I bet they would release before summer ends, while the Sums keep giving hints it might be pushed back, if even this year... ><

Re: cd

by ReemFTW
AWW FUCK IT!!!!!!!

What's taking so long? :neutral:

Re: cd

by Shiv
ReemFTW wrote:AWW FUCK IT!!!!!!!

What's taking so long? :neutral:
uh....well mostly the fact that they didnt even finish the album yet :hehe:

Re: cd

by samueeL
Deryck should just write new stuff, not have dinners with avril ! ;D

Re: cd

by ReemFTW
^HAHAHAHAHAHA :agreed: :agreed:
stupid bitch wasting our time (;

lol jk.
I'M the stupid bitch that wastes your time. :neutral:

Re: cd

by d4rkst4r
ReemFTW wrote:AWW FUCK IT!!!!!!!

What's taking so long? :neutral:
have you ever tried to write a song? try it.

Re: cd

by ReemFTW
I didn't really mean it very seriously. I know it takes long to write one song, let alone many.
It was just a rhetorical question.

Re: cd

by d4rkst4r
ReemFTW wrote:I didn't really mean it very seriously. I know it takes long to write one song, let alone many.
It was just a rhetorical question.
aight my bad

Re: cd

by samueeL
Nah, writing ''ok'' punkrock song takes 5-10mins, just 4 powerchords and 3 note melody and shitty lyrics and that its

Re: cd

by ReemFTW
^Well, Deryck does not write shitty lyrics, so it'd take a while for him. :razz:

I hope I can be 141% sure that the album is coming out this year, at least.
How long does it usually take for a band to work on an album? Let's say it's about 12 songs or more. A year?
If it does take them a year, it'd come out in September 09, because they started working on it around Sept 08-ish.

and Lol it's fine d4rkst4r, or kevin if you like. :P sorry for overreacting, in a way :neutral:

Re: cd

by Emil
Bands like NOFX do their records in no time I yhink i heard somewhere that the longest they worked ona record was two months.

Re: cd

by Jeremy Kill
ReemFTW wrote:^Well, Deryck does not write shitty lyrics, so it'd take a while for him. :razz:

I hope I can be 141% sure that the album is coming out this year, at least.
How long does it usually take for a band to work on an album? Let's say it's about 12 songs or more. A year?
If it does take them a year, it'd come out in September 09, because they started working on it around Sept 08-ish.

and Lol it's fine d4rkst4r, or kevin if you like. :P sorry for overreacting, in a way :neutral:
It usually depends on the band and if they're on any deadlines. Sum 41 used to put out albums every two years or less due to deadlines. Deryck also said that they would be learning songs while they were recording them. They were just not prepared in the studio.

With Underclass Hero, Deryck said it took him 10 months to write songs and the band actually rehearsed this time around before entering the studio.

So by the looks of things, the band is taking the same approach.

Re: cd

by d4rkst4r
samueeL wrote:Nah, writing ''ok'' punkrock song takes 5-10mins, just 4 powerchords and 3 note melody and shitty lyrics and that its
after trying it, i would say lyric writing, im convinced, is one of the hardest things a human can do, maybe its just me, but its so challenging

Re: cd

by samueeL
Yeah, I can only write lyrics when Im 100% right mood, so that means I can write them like once in month or so..

Re: cd

by Emil
I don't get it. With DTLI? they did the whole thing in no time why can't they do that with this record?

Re: cd

by Hentaiman
Yeah, thats what sucks, DTLI came a little over a year after AKNF, and it was their most amazing record, they completely re-invented themselves after AKNF with the whole punk with metal influences thing, and their most known songs such as Hell Song, Over My Head and Still Waiting are from DTLI. Back then, they worked under pressure and a deadline and thats when they did best haha. They took too much time with UH and it turned out to be just ... meh.. okay...

Re: cd

by MissWhibley
I honestly couldn't care less :holyshit:

Re: cd

by c4rlsson
CIRCUITzach wrote:id laugh so hard if GD blink and 41 released it all on the same day.
That would be so cool if that happen, but then Sum 41 will sale less. Since both Green Day and Blink-182 have more fans worldwide. At least thats what I think.