Obama or McCain?

Whatever you want to talk about!
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: Obama or McCain?

Post by LTS »

I think people are missing my point here:

when i talk about abortion: i'm strictly talking about the people who ignorantly use abortion.... the ones who do it becuase they didn't wear protection or use birth control products..

in case of rape, or when the mother has a lower chance of surviving than the baby; i'm fine with it.
but no other circumstances
One of a Kind of Something
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

ok, i will admit that rape victims should have the choice. but honestly, if a 13 year old is getting "busy", there is a serious lack of parenting that needs to be fixed.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

LTS wrote:I think people are missing my point here:

when i talk about abortion: i'm strictly talking about the people who ignorantly use abortion.... the ones who do it becuase they didn't wear protection or use birth control products..

in case of rape, or when the mother has a lower chance of surviving than the baby; i'm fine with it.
but no other circumstances
Thanks for clearing it up.
NoReason27 wrote:ok, i will admit that rape victims should have the choice. but honestly, if a 13 year old is getting "busy", there is a serious lack of parenting that needs to be fixed.
Social pressures can ruin kids lives.
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

I personally don't fully agree with abortions, because it somehow is like killing a baby, but I think it should be legal.
People having unprotected sex. If you make abortions illegal, people will just have to get a plan B which could consist on throwing their babies in the trash or an orphanage or probably doing something even worse.
Stem cell research. I know we're still talking about fetuses' lives but to be honest I rather have a fetus who barely has any life yet die than a person who really is suffering fighting for one more day to live every day.

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

I think you contradict everything you've already said when you say that it's OK for a girl who was raped and got pregnant to get an abortion, but not a girl who had sex with her boyfriend and wants an abortion. I don't think it's right to only allow one or the other. If the girl wants an abortion, why not grant her one? It's her life that's at stake, along with her childs. It should be her decision because she's going to be the one that has to be with the kid everyday for the rest of their lives. While it is a mistake to not use protection or to have something go wrong while using it, you shouldn't be punished for the rest of your life for it. Maybe I'm just heartless, but I just don't buy into it when you say that you are killing something that wasn't even living in the first place. Sure, it is a living organism, but it isn't going to make noise or have a heartbeat if you were to remove it from the body.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

NoReason27 wrote:ok, i will admit that rape victims should have the choice. but honestly, if a 13 year old is getting "busy", there is a serious lack of parenting that needs to be fixed.
Remember the topic I posted quite a while ago about the Seventh Grader (12/13) getting pregnant? You might've been gone, I'm not sure.
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

I agree with Kyle and V on abortion. Yeah, in some cases people are just stupid and don't use protection, but for the others it's an accident. One slip up shouldn't screw up the rest of your life. A baby can ruin your plans for your future. What if the person who gets pregnant is really smart and could one day find the cure for some disease, but their career is shattered when they get raped/make a mistake? You are taking away a life, yes, but it's one that has not fully developed and has no thoughts or feelings. Do you remember when you were a fetus? No, no one does. Honestly, it's the 21st century. Besides, if it becomes illegal, it will become a back alley practice which is very, very unsafe. People will do it very unsafely and illegally.

Just keep it legal so it's safe.
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

Bass Cone wrote:I agree with Kyle and V on abortion. Yeah, in some cases people are just stupid and don't use protection, but for the others it's an accident. One slip up shouldn't screw up the rest of your life. A baby can ruin your plans for your future. What if the person who gets pregnant is really smart and could one day find the cure for some disease, but their career is shattered when they get raped/make a mistake? You are taking away a life, yes, but it's one that has not fully developed and has no thoughts or feelings. Do you remember when you were a fetus? No, no one does. Honestly, it's the 21st century. Besides, if it becomes illegal, it will become a back alley practice which is very, very unsafe. People will do it very unsafely and illegally.

I'm sorry to correct you but... that has been happening for a very very very long time.
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero

Post by Bass Cone »

V wrote:
Bass Cone wrote:I agree with Kyle and V on abortion. Yeah, in some cases people are just stupid and don't use protection, but for the others it's an accident. One slip up shouldn't screw up the rest of your life. A baby can ruin your plans for your future. What if the person who gets pregnant is really smart and could one day find the cure for some disease, but their career is shattered when they get raped/make a mistake? You are taking away a life, yes, but it's one that has not fully developed and has no thoughts or feelings. Do you remember when you were a fetus? No, no one does. Honestly, it's the 21st century. Besides, if it becomes illegal, it will become a back alley practice which is very, very unsafe. People will do it very unsafely and illegally.

I'm sorry to correct you but... that has been happening for a very very very long time.
What has?
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

Bass Cone wrote:
V wrote:

What has?
Sorry, my post was unclear:
Besides, if it becomes illegal, it will become a back alley practice which is very, very unsafe. People will do it very unsafely and illegally.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero

Post by Bass Cone »

Oh, I know, but if it's made illegal, the back alley practices will just be used more. I'm bad with words, I don't know if people will get what I'm saying...
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

Bass Cone wrote:Oh, I know, but if it's made illegal, the back alley practices will just be used more. I'm bad with words, I don't know if people will get what I'm saying...
It is already illegal! And those practices are way too popular!

I got your point.

;)
Laxman 41
Billy Spleen

Post by Laxman 41 »

V wrote:
LTS wrote: people using it as an excuse it's pathetic..
And when your friend's sister is raped and gets pregnant?

"Oh yeah stupid whore, she shouldn't have worn that nice dress that incited psychopaths to have unwanted sex with her"

And having that thought: "What if you were never born because your mother had an abortion?"

Is, in my honest opinion, a bit stupid. First: well... nothing happens if your parents decide to have an abortion. You were never born, ergo, you don't care. (Don't start with something about life before birth, is even more lame than life after death).

And sometimes conception can occur EVEN while using prophylactics, so it's not always about stupid kids who refuse to use condoms.

Pregnancy can be really harmful for some women, and in some cases the risk of death is known beforehand. When a 13 year old gets pregnant there's a chance both the mother and the child will die.

It's a really complicated subject, and it should be treated in that way, not in the light manner that has been treated on this topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_debate
:agreed:
"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar..."
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

in my country you can have abortion in 3 cases
1 rape
2 when the lives of the mom or tha baby could have some risk ( both physical and mental )
3when the baby has some huge huge sickness
you're only allowed til you're 3 months
what if i made a mistake uh? what if i can give him or her what he or she would need such as a home , a proper education or even food ?adoption ? it's not easy to do it
look i'm 16 right now just imagine this , i get pregnant and i have the baby ... i'm not only ruining my whole life and dreams ...my family would be affected too cos i don't have enough money to live on my own my mom would probably act more as the baby's mom than as his or her grandma .. and seriously i don't wanna do that to her she had enough with me and my sister . we already have enough shit

and also gay people can get married
Liam.
Bunkface

Post by Liam. »

LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

i wish there was a 3rd option on the global warming one "don't care.. it's a myth"

:)
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

LTS wrote:i wish there was a 3rd option on the global warming one "don't care.. it's a myth"

yup.

plus all this "save the planet" stuff.
the planet is fine. "global warming" has been going on for millions of years, its just nature.
its the people in it who are fucked.
:smile:
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

I love how everyone here pretends to be an expert in climatology and human rights.

Go read.
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

I'm not claiming to be an expert on anything; i'm just voicing my opinion...

NoReason27 wrote:LTS > V

in this topic.
and it's working... :)
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

LTS wrote:I'm not claiming to be an expert on anything; i'm just voicing my opinion...

NoReason27 wrote:LTS > V

in this topic.
and it's working... :)
Excuse me?

If you are in fact voicing an opinion then you should at least put some background to it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_controversy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_denial
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_global_warming
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_ ... al_warming

Neither you or me can tell what is the truth on this subject so in fact the wisest thing to do is accept that both are possibilities and not that either "it's a myth" or "we are all going to die".

There is in fact a general consensus about global warming being real: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Also, I never said you claimed to be an expert, I just said you pretended to be one by leaving out the possibility of global warming being real:
LTS wrote:i wish there was a 3rd option on the global warming one "don't care.. it's a myth"