machine gun live

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: machine gun live

Post by Jeremy Kill »

spider-man wrote:oh and when he does actually play, it sounds like crap.....he's either struming so hard he hits wrong open strings, or not palm muting (listen to we're all to blame, anic from sake bombs, or grab the devil live)
Yeah, I've seen him take a lot of short cuts on Grab the Devil. Watch the MSN Sympatico Go Chuck Yourself videos of that song and you'll see him strum the powerchords rather than double-picking. The same goes with the rhythm to the solo of 88 in that same performance.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

and really, he can't use the "I'm trying to be a front man" excuse on 88 and grab the devil. if he isn't even singing, he should be able to focus on his part.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
spider-man wrote:oh and when he does actually play, it sounds like crap.....he's either struming so hard he hits wrong open strings, or not palm muting (listen to we're all to blame, anic from sake bombs, or grab the devil live)
Yeah, I've seen him take a lot of short cuts on Grab the Devil. Watch the MSN Sympatico Go Chuck Yourself videos of that song and you'll see him strum the powerchords rather than double-picking. The same goes with the rhythm to the solo of 88 in that same performance.
I've noticed that aswell. And in the sympatico msn performance of Grab the Devil he's not even palmmuting parts of the song. On a sidenote, anyone knows why they stopped palying both guitars in the intro like on Sake Bombs?