Twitter: TomiT14

Re: The Sum 41 New Album Thread!

Post by TomiT14 »

Lars wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Lars wrote: UH
Single: mid April
Album: mid July
Then again, UH was ready in mid-March. The single came in mid-April.
So, if the album was finished this week, the single would come out mid-June as its earliest, right?
And it seems the new album isn't quite ready yet, so...
Underclass Hero, the single, leaked on that podcast of some festival, and that was mid/end April. The official release date of it was around mid May.
True, but at least it was ready for release in the end of April.
March Of The Dogs was released in April 17th.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I hope they'll just release a song that won't make the album on myspace or youtube.. that way we get a new song somewhere in june and we we haven't heard a new song that made it to the new album so we'll still have 14 new songs when the album comes out..
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

^^thats up to the label, cause D already tried to do that last year and they told him no
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:I hope they'll just release a song that won't make the album on myspace or youtube.. that way we get a new song somewhere in june and we we haven't heard a new song that made it to the new album so we'll still have 14 new songs when the album comes out..
Sound like a good idea, but I think they could do the same they did with March Of The Dogs last time.
Either that, or some B-sides they have and don't know what to do with them. :silly:
fenderrocks wrote:^^thats up to the label, cause D already tried to do that last year and they told him no
True. But then again, the song Deryck was going to post was in its early demo stage.
Maybe it's a different thing with the finished product?
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I prefer a song straight from the album. The best is a single. So we still have like 13 songs to go AND we get an impression of how the album will sound.

This is goodbye and all of the other UH b-sides didn't sound anyway near the album did.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Lars wrote:I prefer a song straight from the album. The best is a single. So we still have like 13 songs to go AND we get an impression of how the album will sound.

This is goodbye and all of the other UH b-sides didn't sound anyway near the album did.
I agree, I want a single from the album. And it better be a fucking heavy aggresive song.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:I prefer a song straight from the album. The best is a single. So we still have like 13 songs to go AND we get an impression of how the album will sound.

Deryck wrote like 30 songs... so there will be enough songs that sound like the rest of the album.. and I don't mind if it doesn't sound like the rest of the album, I've always wanted to hear songs that didn't make it to the previous albums and I still do..
fenderrocks wrote:^^thats up to the label, cause D already tried to do that last year and they told him no
I only know about 1 time he wanted to upload a song but the label told him not to because the song was offensive or something like that...
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:I only know about 1 time he wanted to upload a song but the label told him not to because the song was offensive or something like that...
Was it offensive? I thought it was only because if the song was going to be on the album, they would want the profits from it. So no free downloading accepted.
Last edited by TomiT14 on Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

I'm looking for the article about that song.. but it's kinda hard to find.. I know he said 'contracts can be a bitch' in that article
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

hm. Bayside just announced that Gil is producing their next album.
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Sum41 wrote: whoah... new song just came out of nowhere. inspiration
can come at any time.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

I think he should save that song for the next record.. in that case it won't take forever to write more songs for the next record and it won't delay the upcoming record...
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

samueeL wrote:
Sum41 wrote: whoah... new song just came out of nowhere. inspiration
can come at any time.

wooooo...can we hear the new album yet?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Although I'm willing to wait for the album as long as it takes to finish it, but I don't like the fact that the release gets delayed because they come up with more songs.
That's because more the songs, more of them not making the album, and I doubt they would release that many as B-sides. And it's a shame that we will never hear some of the songs they made.

So, if the songs keep on coming, why wouldn't save them for a next album or EP?
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Da_Aman wrote:hm. Bayside just announced that Gil is producing their next album.
Stop producing Emo shit Gil!
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:Although I'm willing to wait for the album as long as it takes to finish it, but I don't like the fact that the release gets delayed because they come up with more songs.
That's because more the songs, more of them not making the album, and I doubt they would release that many as B-sides. And it's a shame that we will never hear some of the songs they made.

So, if the songs keep on coming, why wouldn't save them for a next album or EP?
you're totally right! they have around 30 songs(maybe even more) and they're only putting 14 songs on the album.. so more than half is just wasted..
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

It's not wasted. I don't know how many of you people write music yourself, but a songwriter never writes songs for an album or a purpose unless it is necessary or planned (like the Iggy Pop collaboration). Deryck has more than enough songs now, his creativity is blooming and he wouldn't just throw them away because they don't fit on the record. Every song he writes can return as a future new song in a different shape. Why do you think Underclass Hero had the same chorus as Subject To Change? The song was obviously not finished and he took it where he wanted it to be with the next album.
The process of songwriting is unlimited, so chill out. Nothing's going to be wasted.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:I only know about 1 time he wanted to upload a song but the label told him not to because the song was offensive or something like that...
Was it offensive? I thought it was only because if the song was going to be on the album, they would want the profits from it. So no free downloading accepted.
I remember Deryck saying he wasn't allowed to put it up because it was offensive. I'm not sure if "offensive" is the right word to describe it, but he said that the label told him he had "gone too far" and wasn't allowed to put up the song.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Simon wrote:It's not wasted. I don't know how many of you people write music yourself, but a songwriter never writes songs for an album or a purpose unless it is necessary or planned (like the Iggy Pop collaboration). Deryck has more than enough songs now, his creativity is blooming and he wouldn't just throw them away because they don't fit on the record. Every song he writes can return as a future new song in a different shape. Why do you think Underclass Hero had the same chorus as Subject To Change? The song was obviously not finished and he took it where he wanted it to be with the next album.
The process of songwriting is unlimited, so chill out. Nothing's going to be wasted.
But if Subject To Change was never released, that would've gone to waste.
I love STC and I prefer it over UH, so it would've been a shame not to have heard that song ever.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

It's not wasted. I don't know how many of you people write music yourself, but a songwriter never writes songs for an album or a purpose unless it is necessary or planned (like the Iggy Pop collaboration). Deryck has more than enough songs now, his creativity is blooming and he wouldn't just throw them away because they don't fit on the record. Every song he writes can return as a future new song in a different shape. Why do you think Underclass Hero had the same chorus as Subject To Change? The song was obviously not finished and he took it where he wanted it to be with the next album.
But it's still cool to know how the original song sounds..