Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: I've listened to SBM! [Spoilers!]

Post by Mitchell »

Just read the review on Sum 41 France.. sounds really fucking good!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
Nic wrote:I really wish this topic wasn't created. Now I just want the album ten times more.
This. I'm trying to stay out of this topic... so...not...working.
I thought my reading reviews and finding out which songs were which would help me get through the impending leak of the album... but it's actually made things worse for me. :suicide:
I've only read your post in this topic...

You got this dude! Be strong, you have the sig!!! You mustn't be weak!!! Do you know why? Cause you won't download the leak!! :razz:
Don't worry man, I'm a moderator and I'm going to set a good example! Not the example of buying the album, supporting the band... etc. that people just assume, but the example that this particular moderator isn't a wussy that will throw away his integrity, buckle down and download the leak at first sighting!
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

The english translation is coming very soon! ;)
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Oh God, I'm gonna cave.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
Nic wrote:I really wish this topic wasn't created. Now I just want the album ten times more.
This. I'm trying to stay out of this topic... so...not...working.
I thought my reading reviews and finding out which songs were which would help me get through the impending leak of the album... but it's actually made things worse for me. :suicide:
I've only read your post in this topic...

You got this dude! Be strong, you have the sig!!! You mustn't be weak!!! Do you know why? Cause you won't download the leak!! :razz:
Don't worry man, I'm a moderator and I'm going to set a good example! Not the example of buying the album, supporting the band... etc. that people just assume, but the example that this particular moderator isn't a wussy that will throw away his integrity, buckle down and download the leak at first sighting!
Now you will be even more ashamed when you download the leak
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
I couldn't get any more excited before this thread.. so nothing has changed for me
haha, exactly.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Just read the review on Sum 41 France.. sounds really fucking good!
I couldn't even find it on there.

Nevermind I didn't wait for the front page translation and tried finding it on the forums the first time.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

With the previews added it seems that there's a lot of stuff from the updates that didn't make it..
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

What I notice is that there are no clips of "over now". I know this songs gonna be my fav
dff_punk
Bunkface
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk
Twitter: dff_punk

Post by dff_punk »

I learned french, but I forgot most of it now... anyway, from the stuff I understood, this is going to be the best Sum 41 album ever and Deryck has progressed a lot on vocals. Also, each description(in both reviews) for Jessica Kills sounds just orgasmic, I hope the song will live up to its "name", hehe.
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

Translation, with some mistakes, you'll have the correct one tomorrow.

Spoiler: show
After two long years of waiting, i had the chance to listen to SBM a few times (even if some songs are missing and that they're not in the right order)

Reason to believe :

A weird sound in the first 20 seconds. A sort of atmosphere music, just to create a little suspense and the rang the bells with a drum rythm similar to the "with me" one and a guitar riff (extact). Deryck's vocal style is very good, the band didn't lied, the atmosphere is very dark, like Tim Burton's films. The chorus is very effective! This is some BIG Sum 41! It's one of my favorite! The song ends with a little piece of piano (Extract), a sweet part, very beautiful.

SBM

Well, you already know it, don't you?

Skumfuk

A Palm-mute acoustic guitar, a beautiful melody with some 'Ohohohoh's. This introduction could really fit with an 'Amytivillle' Film. The last drum introduction has been deleted and goes right to the guitar part! The transition isn't perfect. For the rest of the song, there ain't no changes.

Jessica Kill

The intro is perfect! A sweet guitar melody with a disquieting effect, and then the drum comes at once! The vocals are quite calm on a quick verse with some bass guitar/drum/arpegio guitar. And then comes an explosive Chorus! Deryck screams a lot, the notes are quite high, like many parts in this album. The song could have been into 'Chuck', no problems. It sounds like 'Still waiting' in some parts. The outro sounds like Gerard Way (MCR Singer) and also like March of the Dogs (nearly in the end when deryck sings quickly). For me, it's the most aggresive song of the record. Near the bridge, there's an aggressive riff! (Extract)

What am i to Say?

The song strats with an acoustic guitar. Derick's voice comes just after it. Maybe like 'Best of me'. The melody if very beautiful, and make you feel like you're in a dream. A very beautiful song, like Pieces and Coe.

Crash

The song begins with Deryck's voice. The 'horror film' atmosphere is still present. If a video would be planned for this song, i would higly see the band playing in a hunted house. After the chorus, there's a very slow part, unlike the 'punchy' chorus. Then, while the song could end, here comes a new riff (extract). Deryck sings on it. The end of the song really affected me! It sounds like the count your last blessing's outro. It sounds beautiful and there are a lots of back vocals on it!

Sick Of Everyone

The song strats with a guitar riff, which joins all the instruments (extract) which will lead to an less serious part with some rythmed piano (Extract) and Deryck's voice. It make you feel like you're in a 'cabaret', i liked it a lot! Then, the song starts again, with a chorus taht ends with 'Sick of Everyone, Sick of everyone now!'. This chorus is very good and energetic! One of my favorite on the whole album!

Hapiness Machines

A darker atmosphere than all the other songs on the album. It is very heavy with some slow and sweet parts. A kind of contrast. The second hallf of the song begins with a high guitar riff, like SBM's one. The, Deryck's voice come back again. It sounds like 'Over my head''s chorus melody! Very interesting and good!
The song ends with a very slow part, with many back vocals, once again.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Thanks! I just added spoiler tags so other people who don't like being spoiled accidentally read it.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

not all of the songs seem to be there so here's Google's translation as well: http://bit.ly/hiWobI
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Fuck I'm so fucking excited now that I'm not sure if I can resist leak. I'm really waiting "Baby You Don't Wanna Know".. That riff + oasis attitude. MHH.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

from what i've read; this album is gonna kick some serious ass.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

samueeL wrote:Fuck I'm so fucking excited now that I'm not sure if I can resist leak. I'm really waiting "Baby You Don't Wanna Know".. That riff + oasis attitude. MHH.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat! Looks like the band has dabbled in a more "rock & roll" style with some songs, which isn't surprising since Deryck's a big fan of the Rolling Stones and he said he wanted to make music that they (Sum 41) wanted to listen to rather than pleasing everyone else.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard

Post by Noreason757 »

hey i have a question amin..exactly how epic is "epic"
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

ptido wrote:Translation, with some mistakes, you'll have the correct one tomorrow.

After two long years of waiting, i had the chance to listen to SBM a few times (even if some songs are missing and that they're not in the right order)

Reason to believe :

A weird sound in the first 20 seconds. A sort of atmosphere music, just to create a little suspense and the rang the bells with a drum rythm similar to the "with me" one and a guitar riff (extact). Deryck's vocal style is very good, the band didn't lied, the atmosphere is very dark, like Tim Burton's films. The chorus is very effective! This is some BIG Sum 41! It's one of my favorite! The song ends with a little piece of piano (Extract), a sweet part, very beautiful.

SBM

Well, you already know it, don't you?

Skumfuk

A Palm-mute acoustic guitar, a beautiful melody with some 'Ohohohoh's. This introduction could really fit with an 'Amytivillle' Film. The last drum introduction has been deleted and goes right to the guitar part! The transition isn't perfect. For the rest of the song, there ain't no changes.

Jessica Kill

The intro is perfect! A sweet guitar melody with a disquieting effect, and then the drum comes at once! The vocals are quite calm on a quick verse with some bass guitar/drum/arpegio guitar. And then comes an explosive Chorus! Deryck screams a lot, the notes are quite high, like many parts in this album. The song could have been into 'Chuck', no problems. It sounds like 'Still waiting' in some parts. The outro sounds like Gerard Way (MCR Singer) and also like March of the Dogs (nearly in the end when deryck sings quickly). For me, it's the most aggresive song of the record. Near the bridge, there's an aggressive riff! (Extract)

What am i to Say?

The song strats with an acoustic guitar. Derick's voice comes just after it. Maybe like 'Best of me'. The melody if very beautiful, and make you feel like you're in a dream. A very beautiful song, like Pieces and Coe.

Crash

The song begins with Deryck's voice. The 'horror film' atmosphere is still present. If a video would be planned for this song, i would higly see the band playing in a hunted house. After the chorus, there's a very slow part, unlike the 'punchy' chorus. Then, while the song could end, here comes a new riff (extract). Deryck sings on it. The end of the song really affected me! It sounds like the count your last blessing's outro. It sounds beautiful and there are a lots of back vocals on it!

Sick Of Everyone

The song strats with a guitar riff, which joins all the instruments (extract) which will lead to an less serious part with some rythmed piano (Extract) and Deryck's voice. It make you feel like you're in a 'cabaret', i liked it a lot! Then, the song starts again, with a chorus taht ends with 'Sick of Everyone, Sick of everyone now!'. This chorus is very good and energetic! One of my favorite on the whole album!

Hapiness Machines

A darker atmosphere than all the other songs on the album. It is very heavy with some slow and sweet parts. A kind of contrast. The second hallf of the song begins with a high guitar riff, like SBM's one. The, Deryck's voice come back again. It sounds like 'Over my head''s chorus melody! Very interesting and good!
The song ends with a very slow part, with many back vocals, once again.
Your missing like 6 songs...
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Heather
First name: Heather
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Here's what I have up on FC from the Google translation for those of you wanting the rest of the songs
Thanks to Amin, Translated by Google, so don't hate me for mistakes ;P

Sum41 France

01 Reason to Believe
A sound weird install the first 20 seconds. A sort of background music to create a little history and excitement of ringing bells with a drum beat similar to that of a riff and With Me (excerpt). The singing style Deryck is very good, the group had not lied, the atmosphere is very dark, the Tim Burton. The chorus is very effective! It has to do with the large Sum 41. It's one of my favorites. The song ends with an air of Piano (excerpt), a time very sweet and very beautiful.

Excerpt

02 Screaming Bloody Murder
Well, you know not?

03 Skumfuk
An acoustic guitar played palm mute, a beautiful melody with "OhOhOhOh. This intro may well appear in a horror movie Amityville. The drum intro from the old version is removed for direct past when the guitar arrives! The transition is not perfect. For the rest, no change.

04 Time For You To Go
Atmosphere and melodies Rock'n'Roll! This song fits perfectly to the theme of "desert"!
This is not my favorite. I do find it nothing special but still cool! The solo is good! Not the type of solo we have had in UH. The group then managed a song in a style which is not expected.

05 Jessica Kill
The intro is perfect! A little melody on guitar with an effect that raises a disturbing atmosphere and a battery arriving at once! The song is fairly quiet on a verse fast bass / drums / guitar arpeggio. Then comes a chorus is quite explosive! Deryck yells a lot, the notes are very acute, as several moments in the album. The song could easily be in Chuck! You sound like Still Waiting at times. The outro is very reminiscent of the singer's and My Chemical Romance March Of The Dogs (the end when Deryck sings fast). For me the most aggressive of the album. At the bridge there is a violent riff (excerpt)

Excerpt

06 What Am I To Say?
The song starts with acoustic guitar. Deryck's voice arrives soon after. Somewhat in the style of Best of Me. The melody is very pretty and will make more of a dream. A beautiful song that is in line with company and Pieces.

07 Crash
The song begins with the voice of Deryck. The atmosphere horror film is always present! If a clip is provided for this song I imagine the band playing in a haunted house. After the chorus there is a passage very very slow, in contrast to the energy radiated in the chorus. Then while the song could be done, there comes a new riff (excerpt). Deryck sings over a few bars later. The end of the song really affected me! Looks like the outro Count Your Last Blessing. It's beautiful and mean much the chorus.

Excerpt

08 Sick Of Everyone
The song starts with a riff on guitar, agree that all instruments. (excerpt)
To move to a less serious atmosphere with the piano rhythm (extract) and the voice of Deryck. It's like a cabaret, like a lot. Then the song goes again, with a refrain (from) that ends with "I've Become, sick of everyone now. " It is so good and energetic. One of my favorite album.

Excerpt

09 Happiness Machines
A darker atmosphere than other songs. It's very heavy, with still very soft passages. Some contrast. The second half of the song begins with a guitar riff acute in the same style as Screaming Bloody Murder. Then the voice of Deryck resurfaces. It sounds like the melody of the chorus of Over My Head. It's very good!
The song ends with a passage very slow and many choirs.

10 Over Now
Get out your handkerchiefs, I almost shed a tear listening to this song. It is ... beautiful. The main instrument is the piano, some guitars slip very quietly, and stand out on the chorus. But it is certainly a piano guide the verses. The voice is abused-ing sweet!

11 Blood In My Eyes
With intro arpeggio (extract) and then passed over a note guitar riff that goes on with a Heavy Metal (excerpt). The verse is very slow. Deryck then whispers in her voice when push comes distortion! The chorus is not as dynamic as the Screaming Bloody Murder by former but it is very intense. The chorus ends with Deryck screaming "But I'm Living With Blood in my eyes!" and returns the heavy metal riff, faster ... after the second chorus comes the arpeggio at the beginning, then a drum beat introduces a bass solo (excerpt) which will be followed by the guitars.

Excerpt

12 Baby You Do not Want to Know
As for Time for You to Go, the song gives off an ambience Rock'n'Roll! Our buddies MusiqueMag was right, although I imagine the group on Route 66 or in a desert playing this song. It's very different. I like but no more. This is not my favorite. The riff is simple but catchy (excerpt). As as always, the title (provisional may be) comes from the last sentence. As for Time for you to go, we are entitled to a little solo damn good. Fans of the group inevitably will not like this song. It's very similar to the Oasis

Excerpt

13 Back Where I Belong
Intro riff with a good acute and Deryck's voice becomes more and more aggressive! The melody of the verse is somewhat similar as those of Count Your Last Blessings, the drum beat is great. The chorus is perfect! It will delight everyone! As effective as that of Screaming Bloody Murder then after the break following is just excellent! Halfway through the song, tone down a large and becomes more quiet, with beautiful guitar arpeggio (extract) to return to its initial energy. The song made me think of Linkin Park, especially the beginning. One of my favorite!

Excerpt

14 Exit Song
Look At Me you love? You'll love this song, otherwise ...
It's beautiful. Deryck's voice is as smooth as Look At Me I would even say that it does not shock me if it was Look At Me Part 2! An evolution anyway, instrumental not limited to a guitar, there are some arrangements. I like without love.