Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Warp Tour Interviews

Post by Boni »

Da_Aman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I can't be arsed check but who is Brody Jenner?
Some scumfuck Avril is dating.
I like how Scumfuck is becoming a verb on here :devious:
Actually, the way scumfuck is used here is as an adjective.
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Da_Aman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I can't be arsed check but who is Brody Jenner?
Some scumfuck Avril is dating.
I like how Scumfuck is becoming a verb on here :devious:
Actually, the way scumfuck is used here is as an adjective.
True. When used as a verb it would sound like:

This girl and I plan to scumfuck on my birthday.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Please don't, sounds disgusting.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Simon wrote:Please don't, sounds disgusting.
I'll twitter about it for parties interested!
fenderrocks wrote:The mention TNS again
I get giddy like a fangirl whenever I hear the band mention TNS.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

It is what it is: TNS has become a serious fansite over the last years and they seem to appreciate that very much. No need to de-emphasize that.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

Cool that Steve mention TNS. Maybe more fans will be joining in the near future.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Oh noez!11! Noe newbs!11! We need to be an elitist Sum 41 fan club.

We have it pretty easy though we are the only "real" Sum 41 fan site. There are tons of sites for bands like Blink and Green Day.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

for some reason Steve calls D Andrew once in this one, unless its a typo

City Beat

We caught up with Sum 41's drummer Steve Jocz to talk about the Warped Tour.

CB: Basically, I just wanted to ask how things are going so far for you guys. Have you been on the Warped Tour all summer, or did you just jump on?
Steve: The tour is going awesome. The shows have been huge for us. It’s nice because we have been off for two years and we get to come back. We have been on the tour all summer. We have already done four shows. I think we are off in a few weeks because we are going to be in Japan, but other than that I think we’re on for the whole thing.

CB: Have you had any crazy stories?
Steve: Well the tour started off with our bus driver being crazy. We caught him drinking, while driving. Literally driving the bus. He started the bus, and as he was driving, he consumed an entire bottle of scotch. I mean I drink, you know, every day pretty much I have a drink. I get drunk every once and a while, well maybe more than once in a while and even with all that drinking, a bottle of scotch, that’s like lights out. I don't even remember my name.

CB: Right
Steve: I don't know what day it is. You know? I don't know what country I am in. And this guy was driving twelve people like that.

CB: So did you catch him?
Steve: Yeah we caught him. Deryck walked in and caught him. He said he tried to throw it out the window. But I don't know exactly how it happened. We made him pull the bus over and he almost ran into something. We were in the middle of nowhere, and we were just waiting for another ride. Fortunately there was another bus with a driver, who was on the bus but not driving, just a passenger on the bus. And actually, we were like an hour away from the show, and if he weren't there, there would be no way for us to have gotten to the show. Maybe a cab or something, I don't know. So that is how the tour started.

CB: You guys have a new album in the works, right?
Steve: We do, Deryck actually just finished recording the last song. The day before Warped Tour started we were working on it. We are not sure when it is going to be released, hopefully by the end of the year. If not this year, early next year. We are just trying to figure out the best time. But it’s going to be pretty bad ass.

CB: Well that is your first record in awhile, right? A couple years?
Steve: It’s the first record since 2007, which is the last one we recorded. We were off, that tour was cut short because of Andrew's back. And then we were just off for awhile. I got married.

CB: So what have you been up to in the time that was off?
Steve: Aside from getting married?

CB: Yeah, aside from getting married, that is a big project.
Steve: We have done some music videos. I was in Katie Perry's music video, another video for 3OH!3, one for KORN. I work with this company called Rock Hard Films that directs videos for artists. I just directed a video for Airbourne as well. So we all keep busy, we all have our own things that we do.

CB: So on the tour, I know you have had a chance to check out the other bands, which ones are your favorites to catch, or which ones do you think have potential?
Steve: To be honest, I haven't watched a lot of bands. I have watched Pennywise, it’s fun to watch them play.

CB: I love them.
Steve: The Alkaline Trio, they are good. Most of the new bands, I mean, I don't really know a lot of them. There's a band called Sunset Vista and they have a girl drummer who is awesome. I watched them yesterday. She is the most interesting part of the band to me, really. She is just so bad ass. There are not too many girl drummers, and this one is awesome. She's better then like 90% of the drummers on tour. She is fun to watch.

CB: As you wrote the new album, what was your process? Do you have one guy that leads the writing? Do you all participate?
Steve: No, Deryck is the main song writer and then he and I start working on drum parts and things like that. And then Colin will start flying in from Toronto, and we will start rehearsing together every couple weeks when he comes down. The general song is written by Deryck.

CB: So when you're out on the road, I mean obviously you just got married, what is the hardest part about being out? What do you miss?
Steve: Well, the wife is actually coming today in like an hour so that is nice. I actually don't mind touring. The only thing that is a bit tricky on Warped Tour is personal hygiene. There are no showers here. I don't think I have showered in two days. The wife is coming, so I should probably do that.

CB: Yeah that would be recommended probably. It seems like it has been the hottest summer ever. Yesterday felt like 100 degrees with 100% humidity.
Steve: Yeah it has been pretty yucky. Fortunately, we have been going on late. Its different every show but usually we go on stage after 4 o'clock, and most of the time here we have been going on around 6:45.

CB: So it’s not as bad.
Steve: I have been so sweaty that I have dropped my drum stick. It has definitely been a hot one for sure. You only have to play for 30 minutes on the Warped Tour, so it’s not that bad.

CB: What do you do all day during your downtime?
Steve: We gamble, we drink, no. We do whatever we can to pass the time. We try to eat well.

CB: Then you pull out and drive all night, right?
Steve: Yeah you pull out and you’re like, "Tonight is going to be a 12 hour ride." The bus driver is just cranking, you roll all over the place. And hopefully he won’t be drunk.
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

fenderrocks wrote: CB: You guys have a new album in the works, right?
Steve: We do, Deryck actually just finished recording the last song. The day before Warped Tour started we were working on it. We are not sure when it is going to be released, hopefully by the end of the year. If not this year, early next year. We are just trying to figure out the best time. But it’s going to be pretty bad ass.
Early next year? Fuck, noooo. Don't even try to do that.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

soft-punker wrote:
This.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I honestly don't care when it's getting released. At least i know it's getting somewhere.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fenderrocks wrote:CB: As you wrote the new album, what was your process? Do you have one guy that leads the writing? Do you all participate?
Steve: No, Deryck is the main song writer and then he and I start working on drum parts and things like that. And then Colin will start flying in from Toronto, and we will start rehearsing together every couple weeks when he comes down. The general song is written by Deryck.
Haha... Colin?
soft-punker wrote:
"Figure out the best time"? What does he even mean by that?
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Well Steve said this in one of the interviews I was at too. I think the label will try to release it at a time that fits with touring and sales, so thats probably why they have left "early next year" open. They most likely won't release it until they can promo and headline, so even if its done mixing in the next few months, it may not get released right away

and yeah, this interviewer messed up the names big time, unless Steve was just being funny...colin, andrew?!?!
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

I'm starting to think that the "best time" is Christmas. God, I hope I'm wrong.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
king of jesters
Bunkface

Post by king of jesters »

interview with tom and colin ahha
Last edited by Heather on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube
exnay on the hombre
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

They call him Colin because every day in high school he would have a vanilla ice cream colin for lunch.
GreyJay
First name: Jay
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Keyboard

Post by GreyJay »

Colin..the combination of Cone and McCaslin. Like a new nickname hahaha
Last edited by GreyJay on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
You speak for all of us when you can't be heard,
I bet you haven't listened to not one word
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

It better fucking come out this year.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

the label is the one that decides when it gets released right? i don't think the band has much power in choosing a release date, or even letting fans hear songs. i think the label wants the announcements to come at a certain rate that gets the most people interested and to get the most people to buy the album.

see, i didn't mind the delays earlier because i knew that deryck was writing more songs and putting more work. and an album that takes longer to write/record/mix usually gets a better sound and you can hear effort. but at this point, i think the album is done being mixed and there might be a master copy that the band has, so any delays now is for the sake of money and not for improvement. it's kind of sad; the band seems to want to let their fans hear the album with talks over "we can't wait for you guys to hear it" and saying that it's so different and amazing and whatnot, and i really hope for an album just as long as underclass hero.

someone mentioned somewhere also that the release of information is relevant to whether the band is touring or not. i think pennywise is delaying their album to 2011, but i don't know whether they wrote/recorded any of it yet, but their priority now is warped tour. meanwhile bands like bad religion and linkin park, they released a lot of information and i don't think either of them are in any kind of tour.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Did Steve just said in that last interview that the album might be out early next year? :|