Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Blink 182 New Album Thread

Post by Emil »

Jeremy Kill wrote:So help me God if his first guest is Pete Wentz.
Probably him and All Time Low.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Tyler. wrote:tom's only putting AVA first cos he had spent years working on all that stuff and he didn't want to just stop when blink started again. and cos the big AVA fans are pretty weird. they treat it like a religion or some shit. so they wouldnt want to wait. he kinda has to satisfy two fan bases at once.
so, I thought AVA only had like 12 fans
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:So help me God if his first guest is Pete Wentz.
Probably him and All Time Low.
Haha, I was actually deciding on whether I should say "Pete Wentz" or "All Time Low" when making that post! But yeah, I agree with you.

I hope he interviews... Sum 41...
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

CUNT wrote:
Tyler. wrote:tom's only putting AVA first cos he had spent years working on all that stuff and he didn't want to just stop when blink started again. and cos the big AVA fans are pretty weird. they treat it like a religion or some shit. so they wouldnt want to wait. he kinda has to satisfy two fan bases at once.
so, I thought AVA only had like 12 fans
lol
nah dude
there's a bunch of people that think they're all spiritual and shit. he has a lot of people on modlife and only fans would pay for modlife.

i like AVA but not that much. i think he needs to get back to blink but i understand why he's doing AVA still. and also, he delayed AVA stuff because of blink. it's not just one way
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

now I hate AVA even more!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

AVA's just getting old. I don't think the band's sound has really changed in all the three albums they've done. There's really not much to the formula that can be changed to make it sound like the band's improving or anything.

Then again, the only track I remember listening to from Love was Letters to God Pt. II.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

AVA's lyrics is so fucking horrible i can't listen to it. He sounds like a lobotomized idiot who juts saw the world for the first time.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

"I think I like today. I think it's good. It's something I can't get my head around."
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

I haven't even heard this "Love" album. is that the one they put on their website for free?
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Jeremy Kill wrote:AVA's just getting old. I don't think the band's sound has really changed in all the three albums they've done. There's really not much to the formula that can be changed to make it sound like the band's improving or anything.

Then again, the only track I remember listening to from Love was Letters to God Pt. II.
yeah the song didn't change enough. the only song that seemed different on LOVE was the flight of apollo. but then the rest of the album went back to the same as the album before it.

and the lyrics, pretty bad, but he's just saying what he thinks. they are really horrible though.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

CUNT wrote:I haven't even heard this "Love" album. is that the one they put on their website for free?
Yeah, if you don't have it yet, you might as well download it. It's free music. Even if it isn't very good.

http://modlife.com/angelsandairwaves/love
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

cheers, I'll do it tonight if I remember/can be bothered!

shall we just change the name of this thread to the Blink 182 Discussion thread?!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I think that would be more appropriate seeing as how it's strays from the new album so much and it's basically just about the band itself.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

yea exactly, and it will be nice to keep everything Blink related in one thread, the amount of Blink threads in this section gets annoying!
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Tyler. wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:AVA's just getting old. I don't think the band's sound has really changed in all the three albums they've done. There's really not much to the formula that can be changed to make it sound like the band's improving or anything.

yeah the song didn't change enough. the only song that seemed different on LOVE was the flight of apollo. but then the rest of the album went back to the same as the album before it.

and the lyrics, pretty bad, but he's just saying what he thinks. they are really horrible though.
If that's what he thinks he should stop thinking. When they first announced AVA i thought it would have Box Cars "socially aware" lyrics. Not this.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by FuckT41182 »

there nothing wrong with lyrics by AVA ...at least for me ...I like Secret Crowds the most ...what's wrong with singing about love ? that we should all change ourselves if we want a better world ??I think that the meaning of AVA is pretty awesome
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

I'm all for singing about changing the world, but you need to do it in a good way. It's not so much the content of the lyrics that annoys me as much as the way they are written. Bands like Bad Religion and Rise Against also sings about changing the world but they have way more substance in their lyrics. Even Appeal To Reason which to me was a pretty weak album had awesome lyrics all the way through.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:I'm all for singing about changing the world, but you need to do it in a good way. It's not so much the content of the lyrics that annoys me as much as the way they are written. Bands like Bad Religion and Rise Against also sings about changing the world but they have way more substance in their lyrics. Even Appeal To Reason which to me was a pretty weak album had awesome lyrics all the way through.
I like Bad Religion,AVA and Rise Against ...Rise Against is the best one though ...I don't see anything wrong with AvA ...but it's in an opinion , we both have ours , it's just different :)
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

ooo
today mark said he spent all day working on the record then called tom and they talked for an hour or so about the album and the euro tour

:D
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Tyler. wrote:ooo
today mark said he spent all day working on the record then called tom and they talked for an hour or so about the album and the euro tour

:D
fucking cool ! as I know them it was more farting and belching than talking but still AWESOME ! :winkwink: