Re: next sum 41 single!

Post by LTS »

Half Hour of Power FTW!
One of a Kind of Something
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

kevin5064 wrote:
Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:So much doubt for this record, it makes me sad. :(

well it isnt really THAT great of a record in my opinion... well actually i think we all know it but are too afraid to say it.
Yeah, some people think that just because it's catchy means that it's good. Or they're in denial and they find every little good thing about the album to justify it being better than past works. Like, "well, there's vocal melodies, acoustic guitar and piano!" But Chuck had all those things, plus better music. It was just darker. I should know, I was the guy that was in denial.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Gunner wrote:
kevin5064 wrote:
Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:So much doubt for this record, it makes me sad. :(

well it isnt really THAT great of a record in my opinion... well actually i think we all know it but are too afraid to say it.
Yeah, some people think that just because it's catchy means that it's good. Or they're in denial and they find every little good thing about the album to justify it being better than past works. Like, "well, there's vocal melodies, acoustic guitar and piano!" But Chuck had all those things, plus better music. It was just darker. I should know, I was the guy that was in denial.
yeah the lyrics to theres no solution and pieces...and well all the songs on that cd helped me through a lot of shit. and as far as guitar skill chuck has it.

with UH i was hoping for something that fell in between chuck and DTLI but really it doesnt sound like any sum 41 stuff in my opinion.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

i think Pull The Curtain would be cool as the next single, it's such a kick-ass song.

however, i also thought of this idea the other night: So Long Goodbye as the next single, and in the video it could be Deryck Cone and Steve reminiscing about the fun times they had with Dave in the band, with a bunch of flashbacks of pictures and clips with Dave.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

sprinks41 wrote:i think Pull The Curtain would be cool as the next single, it's such a kick-ass song.

however, i also thought of this idea the other night: So Long Goodbye as the next single, and in the video it could be Deryck Cone and Steve reminiscing about the fun times they had with Dave in the band, with a bunch of flashbacks of pictures and clips with Dave.
that would be awesome, but I doubt it'll happen.

One they prolly wouldn't want to get a bunch of "they were better with dave" shit goin, and they've already released a slow-ish song.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

personally i luv count your last blessings so that
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm beginning to think the future for a fourth single is looking kind of bleak right now.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

the future of sum 41 (at least to me) isn't looking good now. where are they touring now? didn't someone say in another topic that Deryck was on tour with Avril?

WTF?
"oh ya, lets not go back to saskatchewan and manitoba, that would be STUPID." :mad:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Haha, yeah I mean I'd still go to a show if they came back to Alberta.