Deryck Whibley Replica Guitar

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Deryck Whibley Signature Replica

Post by Hentaiman »

Thats fuckin' amazing dude!

I actually plan doing the same, only i'm not sure i'm gonna change everything like the pickguard and strap locks cuz i dont really care much about them, but i think i will change the pickups when i'll buy my 72 Fender Telecaster Deluxe i plan to buy.

Btw, you changed all parts and pick ups by yourself? or they did it custom for you in the store?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:Thats fuckin' amazing dude!

I actually plan doing the same, only i'm not sure i'm gonna change everything like the pickguard and strap locks cuz i dont really care much about them, but i think i will change the pickups when i'll buy my 72 Fender Telecaster Deluxe i plan to buy.

Btw, you changed all parts and pick ups by yourself? or they did it custom for you in the store?
No, I had a guitar shop do that for me. If I did it myself, I definately would've screwed up, haha. It cost me about $80 altogether.

One of the main reasons I had the pickguard changed was because Fender Humbuckers are bigger than Gibson-sized ones (like Seymour Duncans). So the screwholes won't align with the JB if you were to put one in using the standard Tele Deluxe pickguard.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Gunner wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Thats fuckin' amazing dude!

No, I had a guitar shop do that for me. If I did it myself, I definately would've screwed up, haha. It cost me about $80 altogether.

One of the main reasons I had the pickguard changed was because Fender Humbuckers are bigger than Gibson-sized ones (like Seymour Duncans). So the screwholes won't align with the JB if you were to put one in using the standard Tele Deluxe pickguard.
Oh got it. well i better find a job if i want to have myself such custom too, i guess :lol:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Oh yeah, deinfately! Altogether this whole project cost me at least $1000.

Maybe somehere down the road I'll do Deryck's Telecaster HH (pewter). The only thing stopping me is that Musician's Friend doesn't sell Fender products to Canada.
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

yeah im installing the pickup and pickguard this weekend on my deluxe! im so stoked! hope you dont mind me thread-sharing gunner.....
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

goonday41 wrote:yeah im installing the pickup and pickguard this weekend on my deluxe! im so stoked! hope you dont mind me thread-sharing gunner.....
Not at all, I can't wait to see your guitar!
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

i dropped the guitar off today. the guy said it could take a couple weeks! i cant wait that long! thank god i have another guitar to play...
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

w00t? i never knew you could buy the sh4 jb with a chrome cover already on it! dammit!

i really want to sell squier deryck sig because overall its garbage, i put new pickups in (jb without chrome ) but it needs a neck filing, fender lock tuning machine heads, and new bridge saddles.

i might as well just sell it and do what you did, except i would leave a tone knob on because it is VERY useful, gives you a deeper sound on the JB if you put it on 7

how much do you guys think ill get if i sell my deryck sig with the JB in it?
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

==========================================================

Everything being said and done, it was a success and it sounds great. The only difference between my guitar and Deryck's is if you look closely, the screws of the pickguards are different. This is because Deryck's custom pickguard was built by Fender and my custom pickguard came from Warmoth.

So yeah, cool or what? =D

PS: I suggest not doing this unless you have a lot of money to spend and you plan on never really using another guitar live for as long as this one works.[/quote]

What the fuck?? those fuckers at warmoth said their pickguard wouldnt fit a regular fender! i had to go through all this bullshit to have this guy in Oregon custom make me one! anyway your guitar looks fuckin great i didnt realize you posted pics! mines in the shop right now getting complete and will look exactly like it but white! not sure if ill put the X's on it though. ill think about it....
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, the guy at the shop just had to drill in new screwholes to fit it. Anyways, I hope yours turns out! I just put the X's for color/decoration.
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

Yeah Mine is finally done!!! i just gotta go pick it up. Pics ASAP!
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

goonday41 wrote:Yeah Mine is finally done!!! i just gotta go pick it up. Pics ASAP!
Cool! 8)

I'll look forward to that
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
cone_is_awesome41

Post by cone_is_awesome41 »

Gunner wrote:Oh yeah, deinfately! Altogether this whole project cost me at least $1000.

Maybe somehere down the road I'll do Deryck's Telecaster HH (pewter). The only thing stopping me is that Musician's Friend doesn't sell Fender products to Canada.
cool! is that in canadian currency?
This futures not so bright,
Some can't make the sacrifice,
It's much more than just black and white,
And I won't fall
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

cone_is_awesome41 wrote:
Gunner wrote:Oh yeah, deinfately! Altogether this whole project cost me at least $1000.

cool! is that in canadian currency?
Yup!

Can't wait to see the picture Goonday!
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

Holy fuckin shit dude your guitar is insane! Fair play for going through with it all, it came out exactly as you hoped by the looks of things so I'm happy for ye! Is the neck on her strat-like or is it really thick like the Telecaster 72' Custom Classic?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fergal41 wrote:Holy fuckin shit dude your guitar is insane! Fair play for going through with it all, it came out exactly as you hoped by the looks of things so I'm happy for ye! Is the neck on her strat-like or is it really thick like the Telecaster 72' Custom Classic?
I think it's Strat-like. But I haven't played a '72 Telecaster Custom Classic before, so I'm not quite sure 100%. I've heard people say it's really thick though. I just figured because of the headstock and the neck pocket that it'd be more strat-like.
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

Here's My Deryck Whibley Replica....the 72 deluxe in white

My new Tele and old Tele

Sh-4 in the bridge. unwired neck pickup. single vol. knob and jack on the pickguard. schaller strap locks. get'm get'm strap (ive had the strap forever actually and just planned to use a plain black one but this one looked too damn good with this). No X's yet. tell me what you guys think!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Holy shit that's a beauty! Wanna trade? Haha!

So where did you get the pickguard if you didn't get it from Warmoth?
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

i got the pickguard from this website called terrapin guitars
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Cool, I think I might try that site instead and replace the pickguard I have with mine.

It fit perfectly with your guitar?