Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: call for a new live album?

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

NoPenis27 wrote:
GayMan wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:
daredbus wrote:If they were to make one, what title do you think will fit it in relation to Underclass Hero? :lol:
Go Chuck Yourself II: This Time, We Mean It.
thats kinda gay man.
look whose talking
:lol:
:lol: Yea :roll:
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

douchefairy wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:
GayMan wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:
daredbus wrote:If they were to make one, what title do you think will fit it in relation to Underclass Hero? :lol:
thats kinda gay man.
look whose talking
can we stop now? :wink:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

They edited Deryck's vocals, the instrumentals were not re-recorded.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

Ballsuck27 wrote:
douchefairy wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:
GayMan wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:
thats kinda gay man.
look whose talking
can we stop now? :wink:
Yez. :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Anyhoo, if there was a venue called "mom" or somethin like that my name would be perfect. "Live And Inside mom" XD
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Phili wrote:They edited Deryck's vocals, the instrumentals were not re-recorded.
I thought they added some guitar for Deryck? I mean, in the Sympatico video, sometimes he doesn't play guitar at all, yet there's two guitars on the album at the same part.

I might be wrong, though.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah i read they added another guitar in the album cuz in the MSN one Deryck barely plays his guitar.

And yeah, i would love a new live CD + DVD. could be awesome. something cool like Billy Talent's 666 maybe.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Definitely! :D
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Blastero wrote:Maybe they should make a live album that's actually live. That'd be great.
This made me rofl.

Live albums are lame...and lies...live dvds are the way to go. Sake Bombs kicks ass, Go Chuck Yourself is lame. (they put in cheering, also. I was at the show...the crowd wasn't as good as they sound on the album haha). I don't really blame them for going over the vocals. It's lame, and hypocritical to have on a "live" album, but Deryck sounded like a chipmunk that night.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

what about astoria,london concert is it edited too?
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

It's a DVD. They don't tend to mess with live videos besides mastering.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

Gibsum 41 wrote:whatever happened to the cleaveland house of blues thing?
i asked cone about that on myspace, all he said was

shit, i forgot about that, ill check into it
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

Go Chuck Yourself doesn't, in my opinion, qualify as a "live" record.

When people say it's edited, it's not just touch-ups here and there. You can take any portion of any given song on that record and the odds are it's been toyed with in the studio. Deryck's vocals are definitely all re-recorded, save two instances. One, during the part in the bridge for Some Say when all the instruments stopped and he had a little vocal solo, and two, when he did the singalong with the audience during the bridge of Makes No Difference. And you can clearly tell his voice sounds different during those parts. Other than that, every single line Deryck sings on Go Chuck Yourself is studio recorded. Most, if not all of Deryck's guitar is also re-done in the studio. Dave's guitar is touched up here and there, but I'm guessing Dave produced some semi-usable material during that concert that made it on the record. Steve's vocals in Fat Lip are re-record.

I know all this because they released the original concert with the original audio multiple times. What is and isn't redone in the studio is pretty obvious when you compare the two sources.

Anyway, my point is that I don't buy CDs just to listen to the drums and bass. I pay attention to everything on a record. Just the same, if I buy a "live" record, I expect to get a live recording. I don't buy a live record to hear some live bass and drums, occasional guitar, some wise-cracks from the lead singer, and crowd noises. Especially if they are accompanied by equally NOT live guitar and vocal tracks. I buy a live record to hear a band I like playing live. I don't necessarily believe that "every live record" is done that way. There are plently of bands who actually have the ability to put out a record-quality live performance. Green Day, the Sex Pistols and NOFX have all done it. If Sum 41 didn't want to put out a crap live record, they shouldn't have chosen the era in which Deryck decided to stop trying on stage to record.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

I JUST FOUND THIS OUT!!! HOLY SHIT!!! YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE THE BEST DVD!!! THE MARCH 27th SHOW WITH DAVE AT THE END!!!
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

wiggs1441 wrote:I JUST FOUND THIS OUT!!! HOLY SHIT!!! YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE THE BEST DVD!!! THE MARCH 27th SHOW WITH DAVE AT THE END!!!

ZOMGZ!!!! YOU DONT NEED CAPS LOCK!!!
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

Blastero wrote:Go Chuck Yourself doesn't, in my opinion, qualify as a "live" record.

When people say it's edited, it's not just touch-ups here and there. You can take any portion of any given song on that record and the odds are it's been toyed with in the studio. Deryck's vocals are definitely all re-recorded, save two instances. One, during the part in the bridge for Some Say when all the instruments stopped and he had a little vocal solo, and two, when he did the singalong with the audience during the bridge of Makes No Difference. And you can clearly tell his voice sounds different during those parts. Other than that, every single line Deryck sings on Go Chuck Yourself is studio recorded. Most, if not all of Deryck's guitar is also re-done in the studio. Dave's guitar is touched up here and there, but I'm guessing Dave produced some semi-usable material during that concert that made it on the record. Steve's vocals in Fat Lip are re-record.

I know all this because they released the original concert with the original audio multiple times. What is and isn't redone in the studio is pretty obvious when you compare the two sources.

Anyway, my point is that I don't buy CDs just to listen to the drums and bass. I pay attention to everything on a record. Just the same, if I buy a "live" record, I expect to get a live recording. I don't buy a live record to hear some live bass and drums, occasional guitar, some wise-cracks from the lead singer, and crowd noises. Especially if they are accompanied by equally NOT live guitar and vocal tracks. I buy a live record to hear a band I like playing live. I don't necessarily believe that "every live record" is done that way. There are plently of bands who actually have the ability to put out a record-quality live performance. Green Day, the Sex Pistols and NOFX have all done it. If Sum 41 didn't want to put out a crap live record, they shouldn't have chosen the era in which Deryck decided to stop trying on stage to record.
No offense dude, but I'm not gonna read all of this bigass post. Don't always point out the bad in Sum 41.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

tomhoppus wrote:
wiggs1441 wrote:I JUST FOUND THIS OUT!!! HOLY SHIT!!! YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE THE BEST DVD!!! THE MARCH 27th SHOW WITH DAVE AT THE END!!!

ZOMGZ!!!! YOU DONT NEED CAPS LOCK!!!
YES HE DOES!!!!!!!!!1!11!1!!1

another "clue" to that CGY was rerecorded vocal-wise, Deryck screws up the lyrics to some songs in the original smypatico/msn video, and on the CD, they are all fixed.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Geez, Blastero, way to completely rip them apart.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Blastero wrote:Go Chuck Yourself doesn't, in my opinion, qualify as a "live" record.

qft

What's in a live album if vocals, guitar and the actual crowd are edited? It just doesn't make sense to me. Watch the Sympatico MSN version and listen to the CD afterwards. If you still can't tell the difference, then, I don't know, that's too bad.

I don't see what's so bad about Blastero making a few comments about Go Chuck Yourself that don't speak, "wow, this CD is amazing." If it weren't for comments that go against the grain (yeah, yeah) then everything would sound to monotonous and we'd be like Fall Out Boy forums where everyone thinks the same. Sum 41 has never made anything that was complete and utter shit, but everything they do isn't mind-blowingly revolutionary either.

And I'm not here to hate on Sum 41. I love Sum 41.

It's just that... Go Chuck Yourself was weak. Sorry.
Emil Gellerman

Post by Emil Gellerman »

Yeah, GCY is kind of like Blinks live album. On both they edited the vocals and fixed the guitar parts. It would have been cool if they actually would have released a live concert like NOFX, Green Day and a lot of other bands.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Well said, man. And no, not just because I am no longer a Sum 41 fan. I have been disappointed and annoyed with this album since I bought it.

It's not "bashing" or whatever if it's truth.

I have seen them perform well enough for on a live cd. Just that specific show they didn't - and of course they picked the show that happened to be being recorded to suck at. If they had recorded at The Aud in Kitchener the night before - it wouldn't have had to be rerecored and faked.

Personally, if I thought my band sounded bad enough to be rerecorded like that on what we taped to be a live album - I would scrap it...and record at a different show. I wouldn't released it sounding shit, but I also wouldn't release it faked *shrug* Maybe that's just me.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website