Emo ruined artist's chances....

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Kano
King of Contradiction
First name: Kane
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: Emo ruined artist's chances....

Post by Kano »

SociallyInept wrote:
Kano wrote:
Still_Waiting wrote:I dunno why but nowadays everything is labeled you know if you wear converse you are punk (what a stupid thing i'm not punk and i wear them ),if you use eyeliner you are emo, if you wear black clothes you are gothic...
holy shit i'm a gothicpunkemo girl lol
personally I have nothing agaisnt the emo band or the emo people
thank u becuase i were black and i was called emo (emo aint evan black) and i wore checkerd shoes i was called emo again! and then i wore a red top with jeans and i was called typical wtf it pisses me off oh and my dickhead mates call sum 41 all shit like sum 40 gay and sum 21 and its fucking anoying!
Lol sum 40 gay? That's so lame

i know but they persist

Bad To The Cone
J-Pan Is My noob
http://www.myspace.com/patofplan
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by HilgaMan »

This is kinda off topic but I always get bullyed in school coz Sum 41 is my favourite band. Other dickheads (especially guys, girls do understand me better) think u MUST listen to death metal or otherwise u are some kind of retard and don't belong to the "gang". They think I'm girlish and not a man enough coz I love pop-punk. I would fuckin' kick their asses at once if I decided to do so! :evil:
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

HilgaMan wrote:This is kinda off topic but I always get bullyed in school coz Sum 41 is my favourite band. Other dickheads (especially guys, girls do understand me better) think u MUST listen to death metal or otherwise u are some kind of retard and don't belong to the "gang". They think I'm girlish and not a man enough coz I love pop-punk. I would fuckin' kick their asses at once if I decided to do so! :evil:
dude here if you listen any kind of metal or punk, instead of shitty spanish pop music or electronic music then they think that you are retarded
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

Still_Waiting wrote:
HilgaMan wrote:This is kinda off topic but I always get bullyed in school coz Sum 41 is my favourite band. Other dickheads (especially guys, girls do understand me better) think u MUST listen to death metal or otherwise u are some kind of retard and don't belong to the "gang". They think I'm girlish and not a man enough coz I love pop-punk. I would fuckin' kick their asses at once if I decided to do so! :evil:
dude here if you listen any kind of metal or punk, instead of shitty spanish pop music or electronic music then they think that you are retarded
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

I think it's so common these days that it even doesn't bother me. Those people are retards who lable others. And i really don't give a fuck .
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

janetvaher wrote:I think it's so common these days that it even doesn't bother me. Those people are retards who lable others. And i really don't give a fuck .
exactly what i was gonna say
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

most spanish music sucks :|
DUBWOOD
Bunkface

Post by DUBWOOD »

so you're saying that bands feed off of each other, creating music that is an offshoot of other bands so they can have a semblance of the same success of their emotionally challenged peers?

What happened to originality? It's hard to find bands that are truly original, especially in an age where recording companies are signing anyone that fits into skinny jeans and holds a guitar well. You can't expect every band to be original, especially when they are similarly classified with guitar driven sounds and the like.
***MY FIRST SUM41 ALBUM WASN'T ALL KILLER***
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

DUBWOOD wrote:so you're saying that bands feed off of each other, creating music that is an offshoot of other bands so they can have a semblance of the same success of their emotionally challenged peers?

What happened to originality? It's hard to find bands that are truly original, especially in an age where recording companies are signing anyone that fits into skinny jeans and holds a guitar well. You can't expect every band to be original, especially when they are similarly classified with guitar driven sounds and the like.
thats not what im saying at all. it just that those bands who write a song with the inspiration, and even if the lyric is ever so slightly "emotional", people view the song as emo. which emo is stereotyped into people who are like MCR etc...

it's because of those bands, that make other artists, who don't want to be labeld as "emo", afraid to write a song like that without being viewed as that stereotype.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

NoReason27 wrote:
DUBWOOD wrote:so you're saying that bands feed off of each other, creating music that is an offshoot of other bands so they can have a semblance of the same success of their emotionally challenged peers?

thats not what im saying at all. it just that those bands who write a song with the inspiration, and even if the lyric is ever so slightly "emotional", people view the song as emo. which emo is stereotyped into people who are like MCR etc...

it's because of those bands, that make other artists, who don't want to be labeld as "emo", afraid to write a song like that without being viewed as that stereotype.
To be honest, I wouldn't class My Chemical Romance 'Emo'
[donate][/donate]
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

boniboyblue wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:

To be honest, I wouldn't class My Chemical Romance 'Emo'
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

boniboyblue wrote: To be honest, I wouldn't class My Chemical Romance 'Emo'
well, usually when perople, in general, think of emo, they think of MCR. and when people hear lyrics that say "im hurting"( even though it doesn't mean "i hurt myself"), they think "emo", and when people think "emo", they think "MCR (or other emo bands)"

Follow me on Twitter!
Druska
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Druska »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:most spanish music sucks :|
you are right
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

NoReason27 wrote:

I totally agree!
I mean, bands like BFMV get labeled as emo and etc, adn you know why? just b-cuz they had a little bit of emotional lyrics and b-cuz people say they look like emos! so yeah... sure... looks gonna decide the musical genre of the band...

And yeah, its like the songs i write... well, the older ones, so few of them are about this chick... who kinda broke my heart or whatever, haha its my problems haha, Anyway, there are some fags in my class who actually said those songs I wrote sound like emo XD :lol:
I laughed so hard at them, I mean, WTF? you see the word "heart" or such in a song and you label this right away as "emo".
And all those fags calling bands such as Billy Talent emo cuz of Ben's voice. I mean, WTF? is there such a thing as an emo voice? :o

And tbh, MCR aren't really emo and they themselves disaproved it, but anyway, they got labeled as such and now, every band is afraid to be labeled as emo if they write lyrics somehow similar to one of the bands regarded as "emo" and there are lots of bands that are labeled as such even though they are not (Blink-182, Ataris, Billy Talent, Lostprophets, Three Days Grace, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan) and its fucked up when every little emotional lyric or lyrics in the style of one of the bands above will make you an "emo" even though none of those bands are emo!

Its like Guy Picciotto, who is credited as founder of "Emo" (and i'm talking about the old emo, the first wave), founder of bands Fugazi and Rites of Spring (bands that are credited as being the founders of emo, since they look the Hardcore punk lyrics into another dimension there), so he was asked what he feels about him being considered as the guy behind the "emo force" and he said he cannot understand that, its like... how can you write a song without being emotional? you need emotions and feelings to write something, its not like "emo" bands are using their emotions as inspiration and other bands are robots...

and he's fuckin' right!
HilgaMan
Chuck

Post by HilgaMan »

Well said my friend. Very well.
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Druska »

well said hentaiman you need emotions to create things such as a poem, a song ...you can't create anything without feelings, I mean something good not those songs like umbrella and you know ...
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

HilgaMan wrote:Well said my friend. Very well.

Follow me on Twitter!
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

If anyone says The ataris are emo to my face i will knock them out.
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
HilgaMan
Chuck

Post by HilgaMan »

tomhoppus wrote:If anyone says The ataris are emo to my face i will knock them out.
And I will help you.
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Ok, I still agree with most of this, but if MCR isnt emo, I really dunno who is.