What happened with chuck ?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Fuck, it actually wasn't that bad. Deryck wasn't saying anything maliciously.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Wow, are we really fighting about shit that was said well over a year ago on a completely different forum?

Anyone and everyone, feel free to piss and whine at me for disagreeing with Deryck - just know in advance that I don't care, and won't be replying.

EDIT: And, for the record, there was a lot more to it all than just that.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Nearly 2 years ago now. Yeah... wow...
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Schmiznatch

Post by Schmiznatch »

Lol, poor Dave, i wish he had left like ya know when he first felt out of the picture instead of dragging all this shit out.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

man asho, whats up with the way you talk? you talk as if you and deryck hang out every weekend? sure you may get the special privilege of messing him on myspace................
tomhoppus is my hero.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:Wow, are we really fighting about shit that was said well over a year ago on a completely different forum?

Anyone and everyone, feel free to piss and whine at me for disagreeing with Deryck - just know in advance that I don't care, and won't be replying.

EDIT: And, for the record, there was a lot more to it all than just that.

By the way, I wasnt posting that to paint a negative picture of you in the situation its just I couldnt find the rest cos the pages took ages to load and the "yes it's true" thread was the second result on Google
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Does anyone here actually think the only thing Dave provided to The Bitter End was the solo?
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

the solo to bitter end is sick

and i dont know............
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

I think that Dave probably did do most of the guitar, and Deryck is full of shit. Like Asho said basically.

Guest is my noob.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Haha, okay, I just wanted to know if anyone had a reasonable mind.

I remember when there was The Bitter End/Battery fiasco, I searched Google and found this interview about the song with Dave. Basically, both Dave and Deryck worked on it and it turned out sounding too much like Battery so they changed the riffs a bit. One thing I remember Dave saying in the interview when making the song was "Holy shit, this sounds like Battery!" Point being, Dave was involved. More so than what Deryck claims. If I can find the interview again, I'll post it.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

^ yea. theres no way deryck couldve come up with the solos dave played. the only thing UH is missing is lack of cool guitar solos.

for the record, deryck was a dick to dave after he left. i know the media was preassuring him a lot to say why dave left but he didn't have to insult dave like that. cone and steve were a lot cooler about it.

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

just for the record,

i played the bitter end to my frined, who is a big metallica fan and etc.. and i asked him "does this sound like Battery by metallica?cause everyone is giving them shit cause its a "rip-off"

he looked at me and he said "no, but it does sound like a song that a band would make if they were trying to rip off metallica"

you can take what you want from that.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

d4rkst4r wrote:man asho, whats up with the way you talk? you talk as if you and deryck hang out every weekend? sure you may get the special privilege of messing him on myspace................
Actually, all I've said was that when we discussed, backstage at a show in 2005, about Chuck, WHICH WAS TRUE...and then that there was more to our arguement on the messageboard than what was posted there WHICH WAS ALSO TRUE.

I don't really get that that sounds like I hang out with him every weekend? *lol* And I don't message him on myspace...ever...as I am not a Sum 41 fan anymore, so I don't have anything to say to him.

fergal41 wrote:By the way, I wasnt posting that to paint a negative picture of you in the situation its just I couldnt find the rest cos the pages took ages to load and the "yes it's true" thread was the second result on Google
And no worries, man. I know how hard is it to try and do ANYTHING on the leftovers of the slag. I'm impressed you could even find that since it was removed from the board in the first place, for one, and because I've searched through the slag leavins and couldn't find it! haha

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Didn't Dave say in an interview with much that all he really did for Sum 41 was solos? Was he lying or what?

I don't think either Dave or Deryck wrote all the past Sum 41 shit individually because neither of their stuff sounds as good as Chuck or Infected stuff. Ithink it was there combined abilities that made sum so awesome.

Also, Deryck was probably pissed after Dave left and that's why he was shit-talking him (not really shit-talking him, but downplaying his talent). Not justifying it, just saying what it seems like.

And that screencap could so easily be fake, darkstar.
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

I have noticed that in all the studio footage and pictures I've seen from the DTLI and Chuck eras that Deryck is playing guitar a lot, especially compared to the amount Dave is seen playing. For all I know that could be just coincidental though, as Chuck has some pretty challenging parts to it, and I'm betting that there were a decent number of guitar parts Deryck couldn't pull off himself.

As far as Deryck bad-mouthing Dave, I don't think the issue lies as much with how Deryck said it. I didn't percieve his "best thing that could have happened" bit as him saying "good riddance" or anything like that. I took it as more him saying, "It's for the best for everyone's sake."

Now as for the truthfulness of what Deryck said, that's a different story.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

^Mmmm, good point.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

SociallyInept wrote:Didn't Dave say in an interview with much that all he really did for Sum 41 was solos?
Yes, I think every good solo you've heard from Sum 41 in the past, Dave had something to do with it. But him saying that seems to have solidified the story that Deryck wrote all the riffs singlehandedly. Which isn't true of course, since they worked on The Bitter End together and who know what other songs.

I didn't really see Deryck's response to be all that bad to be honest, except for the part where "Dave had zero creative input since All Killer." Which is weird because I doubt Deryck wrote those solos?

I think the straw that broke the horses back was that meeting they had in Las Vegas or something where they discussed making a new record. It was probably mentioned that the band was going to go back to their "classic" sound with less metal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dave was there for that meeting was he not?
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

No the screenshot is not fake. what more proof do i need to give you? Email him yourself, he'll say the exact same thing.
tomhoppus is my hero.
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

Thanks for posting that, I remembered the message but I didn't remember that reply. Also... If anyone could find what followed it would be awesome.
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Why is anyone questioning the realness of the email darkstar got from Dave? Seriously?

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.