Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:Pfffft...Deryck and I fought about Chuck sucking back in 2005. I said it did, he said it didn't. We discussed what I hate about it and he argued and such.
Do you remember any of the arguement? I'm curious as to how he defended it. And I hope he wasn't just defending Pieces cause there is way more to that album then Pieces.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

It was defending the entire album. He was just like "What!? How is it soft?! It's our hardest album ever!" and I was like "Uh...Peices...Slipping Away..." and listed the soft shit (I don't remember the other song names anymore, but there was two more)...and he was like "yeah but...The Bitter End, We're All To Blame" and I was like "yeah but...two songs doesn't make the album hard."

And then there was my saying that I wish it was harder musically like DTLI, and lighter vocally so it was more fun. He was all "Really? You really don't like it?" and so forth...and yeahhh...that're pretty much how it went 'cause then Dave got there and was asking where my plunger was *lol*

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
jsd2
Bunkface

Post by jsd2 »

how do u know them?
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

I dunno I think it probably is their hardest album it's got No Reason,We're All To Blame,Angels With Dirty Faces,The Bitter End,I'm Not The One,Welcome To Hell and 88

On The Other Hand it has got Intro,Some Say,Slipping Away and No Reason but I wouldnt count Intro cos it's only a composition leading up to a hard song and the hard material on the album is by far the hardest stuff they've done and sums up the vibe of the album more for me
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Didn't you have a falling out with Deryck when Dave left the band aswell? on the Slagbook I think
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Not my favourite, but none the less it was a excellent album
[donate][/donate]
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

You guys always look at the small picture.

"soft" songs CAN still have HARD meaning etc.

Also. theres like, 2-3 soft songs on Chuck? And how many hard ones?

I believe it was you Ashley who said "Majority rules kiddo" :wink:
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

as much asi hated it at first i think chuck might be my fav sum 41 album
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

jsd2 wrote:how do u know them?
That arguement took place backstage at the Standing Ovation Festival in Stratford, Ontario, in September 2005.

I know Sum 41 through meeting them after shows a dozen times...I wouldn't really say I know them. But Dave and I kept in touch since meeting a few years ago, and are working together on a GutRock show right now...and his drummer and I are pretty much best friends haha
fergal41 wrote:I dunno I think it probably is their hardest album it's got No Reason,We're All To Blame,Angels With Dirty Faces,The Bitter End,I'm Not The One,Welcome To Hell and 88

On The Other Hand it has got Intro,Some Say,Slipping Away and No Reason but I wouldnt count Intro cos it's only a composition leading up to a hard song and the hard material on the album is by far the hardest stuff they've done and sums up the vibe of the album more for me
It's all opinion, really. I was just giving mine. I don't think it's hard. Even the hard stuff, really, isn't that hard. But my definition of hard is different than a lot of people's, apparently. I'm talking musically. And even the "hard" music on Chuck doesn't feel very hard to me. DTLI is hard to me...and I think we can all agree that Chuck and DTLI are not the same sound. So that's where I'm coming from with the "soft"ness of Chuck.

And *LOL* @ the Deryck-Asho slagbook fiasco. Good times.

And to that Valentine character...hard MEANING isn't what I'm talking about, or looking for. I was talking about the music, not the MEANING. And really, meaningwise? To me...Chuck had more emo-esq meanings than "hard" meanings. Majority rules when it's something questioning fact. When it comes to opinion - to each their own.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote: And *LOL* @ the Deryck-Asho slagbook fiasco. Good times.
Tell me more about that!
Asho_DirtyPoo wrote: Majority rules when it's something questioning fact. When it comes to opinion - to each their own.
I always have to explain that to people.
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Deryck had to make an amended statement about Dave leaving and it was actually mostly because of Ashley, lol.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

Phili wrote:Deryck had to make an amended statement about Dave leaving and it was actually mostly because of Ashley, lol.
I want to know... Everything.
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Basically,Deryck posted a statement after Dave left saying how in a way it was a good thing because everyone left working on the new album (Underclass Hero) was really excited about it and a hundred percent committed or something along those lines. He also said something about Dave not really writing any of the Sum's material and not recording much guitar or something then himself and Asho had an argument over something he said and he made another post apologising to the people who got pissed off at some of the things he said.

I think,basically it was because some people were getting pissed at the way Deryck seemed to be not bothered at all about Dave leaving. I could be wrong though I wasnt on the slag too much myself!
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

fergal41 wrote:Basically,Deryck posted a statement after Dave left saying how in a way it was a good thing because everyone left working on the new album (Underclass Hero) was really excited about it and a hundred percent committed or something along those lines. He also said something about Dave not really writing any of the Sum's material and not recording much guitar or something then himself and Asho had an argument over something he said and he made another post apologising to the people who got pissed off at some of the things he said.

I think,basically it was because some people were getting pissed at the way Deryck seemed to be not bothered at all about Dave leaving. I could be wrong though I wasnt on the slag too much myself!
I want to see those posts! And I can't believe I missed them
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

eh man, I emailed dave before and asked him why him leaving sum 41 what not as big of a deal as it should be, and he told me that sum 41 made him sign an agreement saying that he would try to minimize the publicity of it. I can get an actual quote and even take a screenshot of it if the little kiddy 12 year olds of TNS dont believe, since there's a hand full here.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Can't really blame them, I guess. It wouldn't have been that great on either side for it to have been a huge deal.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Deryck was talking shit about Dave. I have it saved on my own computer - which isn't hooked up to internet right now. I'll try and get it for you guys at some point.

He said Dave never contributed at all to Sum 41, and his leaving doesn't mean anything...etc. etc...there was some VERY poor wording and rudeness going on. Insanely selfish shit that he is the only one who has an influence on how the band sounds, and the rest of the guys just play what he says.

I ripped him a new one. He didn't like it. We fought back and forth a bit. He removed his "statement" and the entire thread that went with it. I had copied it to send to a friend - so I reposted it. He fought with me again, and had that thread removed.

And then the entire messageboard was taken offline, and has been gone ever since.

...in a nutshell... haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

oh so you ended it! you bastard! lol joking but uh...get that shit up! and i bet deryck was just angry
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

What he said wasn't THAT bad, but it did sound pretty awful the way he worded it. I think he was still in panic mode about losing a quarter of the band and he was just trying to convince himself and the fans that everything was going to be OK. When he realized how shit what he said sounded, he wanted to cover his tracks, I guess.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

*lol* I know, Rick! I wish it didn't go down that way...I miss the slag. But the new slag is pretty good too...less noobs and Sum 41 fans to deal with *LOL*

And yeah...instead of owning up to what he said - he pretended he never said it, and erased all evidence of his being a selfish prick. What a standup guy :| </bitter> haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.