HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by HilgaMan »

Gunner wrote:
HilgaMan wrote:
Gunner wrote:They should put No Reason back on the setlist. It's not at all hard to play and it's a great song.

They probably don't/won't play The Bitter End or Grab the Devil much anymore since Deryck has become lazy guitarist and theres no one to keep happy in the band now that Dave left.
Err...
What?
Well, I don't like that u call Deryck a lazy guitarist. :lol: Nothing personal. Don't kill me please.
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

I think he thought you didnt want no reason back on the set list

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

HilgaMan wrote:
Gunner wrote:
HilgaMan wrote:
Gunner wrote:They should put No Reason back on the setlist. It's not at all hard to play and it's a great song.

They probably don't/won't play The Bitter End or Grab the Devil much anymore since Deryck has become lazy guitarist and theres no one to keep happy in the band now that Dave left.
Err...
What?
Well, I don't like that u call Deryck a lazy guitarist. :lol: Nothing personal. Don't kill me please.
Oh yeah, I kind of guessed someone would say that, haha. But it's true! Go Chuck Yourself (Sympatico & CD) prove it. Grab the Devil is watered down, the rhythm in 88 during the solo is just strummed and Underclass Hero really lacks guitar sound.

I miss the days when he would play the first half of The Hell Song solo and the lead in Grab the Devil. Now it just seems like you can barely hear his guitar.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah i have to agree with that, unfortunately.
HilgaMan
Chuck

Post by HilgaMan »

Gunner wrote:
HilgaMan wrote:
Gunner wrote:
HilgaMan wrote:

Err...
What?
Oh yeah, I kind of guessed someone would say that, haha. But it's true! Go Chuck Yourself (Sympatico & CD) prove it. Grab the Devil is watered down, the rhythm in 88 during the solo is just strummed and Underclass Hero really lacks guitar sound.

I miss the days when he would play the first half of The Hell Song solo and the lead in Grab the Devil. Now it just seems like you can barely hear his guitar.
I have to agree aswell. Unfortunately. Especially that bit where you said that u can barely hear he's guitar. That's just so true and sad. I thought that now when they have Tom, who is not a real memeber of the band, Deryck would... Well, bring himself on more with guitarplaying. I mean that he would play solos he can handle and stuff... I hope that he would realize that :D
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, he could really stand in the spotlight with his guitar, now that Dave is gone, but he keeps doing what he was doing at the GCY tour and whatever.
HilgaMan
Chuck

Post by HilgaMan »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, he could really stand in the spotlight with his guitar, now that Dave is gone, but he keeps doing what he was doing at the GCY tour and whatever.
Exactly
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, he could really stand in the spotlight with his guitar, now that Dave is gone, but he keeps doing what he was doing at the GCY tour and whatever.
actually, i think he plays less than on GCY

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

No... he plays the same amount as GCY for sure.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Gibsum 41 wrote:
on the videos for the CGY songs, he plays, like, half the time, maybe even less. i liked it on the preformance of With Me where he played all the time.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
HilgaMan
Chuck

Post by HilgaMan »

NoReason27 wrote:
Gibsum 41 wrote:
on the videos for the CGY songs, he plays, like, half the time, maybe even less. i liked it on the preformance of With Me where he played all the time.
Yeah, but even though, I can't actually hear he's guitar on that With Me performance. It makes me sad. What the hell has happened to him? :D
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

I can definitely hear his guitar on the With Me Performance, it's just kinda silent, but I actually don't know if making it louder would be a good idea or not, since it is just sorta supposed to be backing rhythm, for that one song at least.

For other songs though, yeah, his guitar could get a bit louder. Has anyone here seen the Pukkelpop 2003 video? It's almost completely silent.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Ive seen that one but i dont really remember it.
But i think it is too silent on With Me, i barely hear it so you see him playing there all the time but it doesn't make such a big difference.

and about what happened to him. he probably gets too bored to play all of those same simple rhythms again and again.

I know a band where the lead guitarist became later just the vocalist cuz he was too bored to play the guitar for like almost 20 years in the same band, so he doesn't even playing rhythm now.