Cloverfield

Whatever you want to talk about!
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Yeah, that's how to make her agree with you. Insult her friends.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

i wasn't insulting her friends, when i called them a bunch o dickheads, or whatever i said i meant just like a bunch of guys, i don't know if any of them were girls, but i'd assume girls would be into the movie alot less. so i figured it was a bunch of guys and referriing to them as dickheads, because you know, its just a bunch of guys, and i don't want her to agree with me. i just wanted to voice my opinion
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

Rick. wrote:
Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:I've heard from at least 10 different people that it is the WORST movie they have ever seen.

The majority of those people are hardcore into that type of movie, also, and thought it was garbage.

Two of them also said the camerawork etc. is so shitty it made them get motion sickness.
those people probably don't know anything about filmmaking.
this movie, its breakthrough filmmaking, and people were like "ohh they didn't explain anything" its because you were supposed to feel like youw ere there. this movie is basically this. your just watching a tape found at the scene, thats the movie. its like you sit in a theatre someone comes in and says, hey whaddup were gonna play this government tape found at the scene, and you jsut watch the tape, the whole thing. and motion sickness, people complain about that but i think thats the STUPIDEST thing ever. like for the first 2 minutes of the movie i was like "hwoa" this is messed, then i got used to it, if you get motion sickness then youre a tool. anyways i'm not like...complaining at you or anything i know you haven't even seen it, but this movie is intense, and i can understand why people wouldn't like it, and heres why. they show up to a movie with their friends, you know like a bunch of dickheads, obviously don't take it seriously and just like oh yeah, haha stupid movie, and don't put themselves in the place of the people. i know when the first time i saw it people came out of the movie thinking it was a joke. but anyways this is getting long. if you take it seriously and go in thinkin "fuck yeah" you'll like it.
I havent seen it but AMEN!!!

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Rick. wrote:
those people probably don't know anything about filmmaking.
Actually, they do. Making assumptions isn't usually the best idea.

Just because YOU like it, doesn't mean everyone in the world should like it. Get over yourself.

EDIT: The rest of it is all making assumptions as well, and 95% of your assumptions are completely, full blown opposite wrong. I just didn't want to quote that much font (and, lets be honest, I didn't bother to read past the first line before replying that you're entire arguement is based on false assumptions)

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Calling them dickheads qualifies as an insult, in case you haven't noticed.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
istartedrunin692

Post by istartedrunin692 »

the movie sucked, how can a regular video camera survive a fall from a helicopter, a fall from a big ass monster, and a nuke?
AKA : Rubbme55
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

ok to this guy^ read on IMDB they say the helicopter crash is fully survivable. the camera fell 50 feet onto the ground, since its an SD camera it has no moving parts so the event of it breaking because of the fall is unlikely, also if you notice when it falls the focus gets messed up and cant stay in focus. and they did not nuke the city, they did blow it up, but not with a nuke, the united states would not nuke their own country. and no nuke could be that small it would jsut blow up manhattan island. lastly ITS A MOVIE! its not going to be 100% real and perfect.

and ash, like i said i'm not directly talking to you. but basically all i explained in that paragraph is what the movie was about. how i thought the motion sickness thing was stupid, (your right an assumption) and i'd just like to update, my sister and 5 of her friends went to see the movie, 3 of them threw up. and i think that alone, will give you a HUGELY biased opinion on whether you like the movie, no ones going to come out of a movie where they threw up and be like "FUCK YEAH! lets go see it again!." they obviously will not like it, and that right there, is a biased one sided opinion on their part. Then in my paragraph i explained why people WOULDN'T like the movie. And i know plenty of people walked out of the movie thinking it was stupid, and it was because they didn't put themselves in the place of the people. if you go in there thinking of it as a joke, your going to come out being like WTF.
anyways, wrapping this up, its obviously a love/hate movie, and like i said, ash i'm not directly talking to you, i like you, i don't want to get into an argument with you! also, sorry for my poor grammar i just kinda blurted these paragraphs out without going back to check.

oh also, phili, suprised and very pleased that you actually read my paragraph far enough down to the dickheads part, at least someones reading.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

I read it. After I commented in the first place. And then didn't feel the need to go back and change my comment, since it still fit.

I like you as well, but I'm insanely disgusted lately at how many fucking teenagers think they know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. And for some reason don't understand the concept of OPINION.

(And no, not saying all teenagers are like that, or that people of other ages aren't like that...just lately, the 15 or so I've been annoyed with acting like that have all been teenagers)

But really, how exactly is the motion sickness thing stupid? It's a fact. Motion sickness happens. To some people, it affects them worse than others. If people THREW UP, obviously the motion sickness thing was real, and a big deal, and they didn't just "get over it" the way you did.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Brownmetal
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeffrey

Post by Brownmetal »

Too much long paragraphs! My brain hurts!
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

I watched Cloverfield online yesterday. Perhaps it would've been better to watch it from a cinema, anyways, the film was okay. I don't get motion sickness, so that wasn't a problem. I found it actually quite realistic, all the effects and the camera made it belivable, like it really happened, although it didn't. Not the best film ever, but it was okay, 7 ot of 10.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

ok obviously what i said about people getting motion sickness is stupid, i mean i can't make fun of someone that gets motion sickness, its obviously not their fault. but what i meant was you can't judge a movie that you get motion sickness on because you obviusly won't like it
Ch13
Billy Spleen

Post by Ch13 »

goooooood movie. it was awesome