there better a 6th album and hopefully its like old funny sum 41
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah when i think about it, even though great Sum classics like Fat Lip, In Too Deep, Handle This, etc, i actually prefer Underclass Hero over All Killer especially since All Killer gets old fast, even though its a great album but maybe its cuz i listened to it too much.

Anyway, i'm sure there gonna be another album, there is no reason that they wouldn't release another one.
I'm pretty sure that Deryck is going to produce the next album since for him, UH was a success and to be honest, its weird how it went. lyrically and overall, it was a success and had a very serious tone, about the lyrics and everything Deryck said, about them being a band and all, and because of that, i think a guy like Deryck will just flow it and probably produce the next album.

On the other hand, and really hope he does that, they will find a new producer so he'll co-produce will someone more experienced, someone who worked with big and successfull bands, like maybe Rick Rubin of AC/DC, Slayer, System of A Down and Red Hot Chili Peppers fame or Bob Rock of Metallica, Bon Jovi and Aersomith fame.
You know, like Deryck could co-produce will someone more experienced, kinda like he co-produced stuff with Greig Nori before.

Although the best solution will be to bring back Greig Nori. i dont know what's Deryck thinking, but even as the guy he is, he probably won't leave everything as it is, cuz he probably noticed a lot of fans didn't like UH, so maybe he's actually thinking about teaming up with Greig Nori again or some other producer for the next release.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah when i think about it, even though great Sum classics like Fat Lip, In Too Deep, Handle This, etc, i actually prefer Underclass Hero over All Killer especially since All Killer gets old fast, even though its a great album but maybe its cuz i listened to it too much.

Anyway, i'm sure there gonna be another album, there is no reason that they wouldn't release another one.
I'm pretty sure that Deryck is going to produce the next album since for him, UH was a success and to be honest, its weird how it went. lyrically and overall, it was a success and had a very serious tone, about the lyrics and everything Deryck said, about them being a band and all, and because of that, i think a guy like Deryck will just flow it and probably produce the next album.

On the other hand, and really hope he does that, they will find a new producer so he'll co-produce will someone more experienced, someone who worked with big and successfull bands, like maybe Rick Rubin of AC/DC, Slayer, System of A Down and Red Hot Chili Peppers fame or Bob Rock of Metallica, Bon Jovi and Aersomith fame.
You know, like Deryck could co-produce will someone more experienced, kinda like he co-produced stuff with Greig Nori before.

Although the best solution will be to bring back Greig Nori. i dont know what's Deryck thinking, but even as the guy he is, he probably won't leave everything as it is, cuz he probably noticed a lot of fans didn't like UH, so maybe he's actually thinking about teaming up with Greig Nori again or some other producer for the next release.
Hmm... Another interesting opinion. I hope that Greig Nori would return too. And most of all, I hope that the 6th album would have cool riffs and guitar solos like the older albums did.
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

It's hard to find flaws with UH, i think the fact that most of us are dissapointed is everytime we get a new sum 41 album we expect a complete change in style (something new and exciting) and with UH i kind of felt like i'd heard it all before (even thoguh the songs are good).
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Hentaiman wrote:On the other hand, and really hope he does that, they will find a new producer so he'll co-produce will someone more experienced, someone who worked with big and successfull bands, like maybe Rick Rubin of AC/DC, Slayer, System of A Down and Red Hot Chili Peppers fame or Bob Rock of Metallica, Bon Jovi and Aersomith fame.
i agree. i really like Rick Rubin's style of producing. it'll be interesting if they go with Rick.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
jsd2
Bunkface

Post by jsd2 »

I feel like Dave left the band and took the guitar with him. Please Deryck, we miss all those sweet guitar licks.
Bring 'em back!
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

jsd2 wrote:I feel like Dave left the band and took the guitar with him. Please Deryck, we miss all those sweet guitar licks.
Bring 'em back!
i think Tom should permanantly join the band...
One of a Kind of Something
HilgaMan
Chuck

Post by HilgaMan »

Luke The Spook (LTS) wrote:
jsd2 wrote:I feel like Dave left the band and took the guitar with him. Please Deryck, we miss all those sweet guitar licks.
Bring 'em back!
That's what I hope too. Well, at least they should get a new proper lead guitarist. (Deryck is still the next form god to me don't u worry :P )
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Bring 'em back!
Fuck, no!
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well they should make Tom a full time member (i actually like him alot in Gob) or find a new permanent lead guitarist.
Spencer
Hooch

Post by Spencer »

Phili wrote:
Bring 'em back!
Fuck, no!
well they cant just keep it a 3 person and then just have a random person playing pretty much every guitar part. i want tom to join too but he wont because he still has his own band gob
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

HilgaMan wrote:Well, at least they should get a new proper lead guitarist. (Deryck is still the next form god to me don't u worry :P )
I think so too. Deryck didn't write good leading riffs in Underclass Hero.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Don't really care what it sounds like, I'm sure I'll like it anyway

:P
[donate][/donate]
HilgaMan
Chuck

Post by HilgaMan »

boniboyblue wrote:Don't really care what it sounds like, I'm sure I'll like it anyway

:P
Hmm... I actually think like that too. No matter what they will do, I'l always gonna love them. (Well, if they are going to make music like Tokio Hotel, I will reconsider...)
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

^Yeah, I agree.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

Running through the monsoon
Beyond the world
To the end of time
muhahaha puhaha
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

Probably won't be very good, but I'll buy it.
Same with the 7th, and the 8th.

Guest is my noob.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Phili wrote:
Bring 'em back!
Fuck, no!
QFT

anyways, greig would never come back again since apparently they dont talk anymore.
tomhoppus is my hero.
HilgaMan
Chuck

Post by HilgaMan »

Jonny wrote:Probably won't be very good, but I'll buy it.
Same with the 7th, and the 8th.
Don't say like that! Maybe the best album from the Sums is just about to come... I belive in them.
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

kanguv41 wrote:Running through the monsoon
Beyond the world
To the end of time