Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Phili wrote:That doesn't mean he doesn't know the technical stuff. He just doesn't use it.
I never said that.
By not really technical i meant he never really uses compilcated technical stuff and doesn't gets into it all, just uses the basics and keeps it simple, i never meant it means that he doesn't know it.

I'm sure he knows the technical stuff very good, he just preffers to keep it simple.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, his amp is customized too.

I'm sure he knows lots about amps rather than pedals and stuff. I myself don't really like pedals, even though I have one myself. But there so many and it's tough to choose the best ones.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah that's true.
I haven't bought one yet cuz there are so much to choose from and i dont know what's worth my money! hard choice it is.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Heh, I don't even really use my pedal. I just keep it plugged because I get less feedback from my amp. :lol:

SideNote: IIIIII've been crowned the King of Contradiction, or was I just the jester all along, a simple pawn? I already know I can't count my tears like my money running down the drain, the draaaain!!

^ Post 500.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Gunner wrote:Heh, I don't even really use my pedal. I just keep it plugged because I get less feedback from my amp. :lol:

SideNote: IIIIII've been crowned the King of Contradiction, or was I just the jester all along, a simple pawn? I already know I can't count my tears like my money running down the drain, the draaaain!!

^ Post 500.
Congratulations!

I'm Dr. Rocoo.... don't like the name of that though, cuz like, Todd (Dr Rocco) has nothing to do with the sums.
I mean, Dr. Dynamite could be a better rank, and i have a feeling it's the next one anyway.
Sum it up

Post by Sum it up »

Anyone Knowany other good pickups that work great for sum 41 and does anyone know anything what sum 41 uses on the hell song for strings, effects, pedals, guitars, amps etc?
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Can someone tell me why Deryck's '72 Tele Deluxe doesn't have a Seymour Duncan logo on the uncovered bridge pickup? On his Tele HH it was on there clearly but I can't seem to see it on his '72 Deluxe.

I once heard on the Q&A (around Spring 2007) about Deryck using a Gibson Burstbucker. So if anyone can confirm that this is true or false will be greatly appreciated!
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

Gunner wrote:Can someone tell me why Deryck's '72 Tele Deluxe doesn't have a Seymour Duncan logo on the uncovered bridge pickup? On his Tele HH it was on there clearly but I can't seem to see it on his '72 Deluxe.

I once heard on the Q&A (around Spring 2007) about Deryck using a Gibson Burstbucker. So if anyone can confirm that this is true or false will be greatly appreciated!
yeah thats always confused me too. he did mention the burstbucker, but thats because someone asked what his fav pickup was, and thats the pickup thats in his 59 les paul reissue (the guitar hes used mostly on every album) and thats his fav guitar. i think the uncovered pickup is in fact a jb, but without a label. i think if you get a covered jb and were to take the cover off, it would have no label like his
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Okay thanks a lot, I just wanted to make sure. If it came down to it, I probably would've picked the SH-4 anyways. I think it sounds better than the burstbucker.