Deryck Whibley Replica Guitar

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

Gunner wrote:Okay, well... I got the guitar, the only problem is that it isn't black. It's walnut stain. It still looks awesome though and was a big splurge for me. Almost a thousand bucks. I'll post pics soon.

And I'll probably end up putting different X's on it instead just red. For example, a black X at the bridge area, and a red X at the pickup switch area (once I get it taken out of course). Or maybe a white X instead of red.

It'll pretty much have the same specs except that it isn't a 52 Telecaster. It's a '72 Deluxe Reissue. In addition to different colors. But that's okay, because then it's a custom to call my own (sort of). :)
post a pic
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Alrighty, here's my $845 specimen!

It looks more red in the pictures because of the lighting and the flash. I'll try and get creative with the X's to make it look good.

All that's really left to do is order the pickup and the pickguard and then get the guitar worked on. I might be able to get it done before Christmas, but we'll see. I love this guitar to death. And I pretty much have to, for the price I paid for it.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

i'd say white X's would work i think.

ps: i love the X's, all my electric guitar have them
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I think I'll go with white X's.
I'm using electrical tape if anyone is curious to what I was going to use by the way.

I like the X's too. I'm not too creative when it comes to guitar graphics, haha, usually when I put stickers on something I end up regretting it unless it's a really kick ass sticker.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

i use the same tape lol

me too, i had a guitar with a bunch of stickers but i removed them and it was pretty good still so i put the X's
Zam
Chuck

Post by Zam »

Gunner.... I'll say that it looks really rad the way it is... I wouldn't customize that nice, beautiful guitar.
<center>
Byzzy wrote:i'm leaving this forum for good
SOME DAYS LATER...
Byzzy wrote:fucking whores u think u can ban me? i'll be back whenever the fuck i want, zam fuck ur mom cuz she's a slut, fucking chinese

*The joke's on you, dumbass!*</center>
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I know, I'm really tempted to keep it the way it is. I really need to get a job now so I can save up more money.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Okay well, I think I'm going to wait until I get a job and then buy an actual black '72 Telecaster Deluxe. Then I'm going to sell my current walnut stained one to a friend and use that money to buy another '72 Telecaster Deluxe but in artic white. This way if I regret (highly unlikely) customizing the black one, I still have the white one to play with.

I figure it's going to cost me approximately $1100 altogether, which isn't bad considering I'm buying:

'72 Tele Deluxe Black ($850)
Seymour Duncan SH-4 Pickup x2 ($160)
Custom Pickguard ($30)
Get'm Get'm Sergeant Guitar Strap ($50)
Labor Costs to Customize ($50+)

Apparently the original Telecaster Deluxe was around $3000-$4000. I don't think my parents mind as long as I have a job. But they're pretty sketchy about the whole buying from the internet thing. The only thing I don't plan to buy from the net is the black '72 Tele Deluxe.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm bumping this to say I haven't abandoned the idea. I went to the music store today and they sent in a special order for a black Fender '72 Tele Deluxe. It should arrive in about six weeks, give or take a couple of weeks.

So while I wait for the guitar to arrive I'll be buying some parts and accessories. It'll probably take another week or so to be built.

Haha, I'm really excited right now. :)
AVA182b
Bunkface

Post by AVA182b »

The Forgotten Son wrote:Cool. But I think the other telecaster is cooler. The gray one with black pickguard
i have tht one :D
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

nice gunner. i got a white 72 deluxe for X-MAS, it was like a limted edition special run color. its not the squier one. LEGIT FENDER! ill post pics when my Mr. Whibley mods are done!
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

goonday41 wrote:nice gunner. i got a white 72 deluxe for X-MAS, it was like a limted edition special run color. its not the squier one. LEGIT FENDER! ill post pics when my Mr. Whibley mods are done!
That's awesome, you're so lucky to get the white one. I wanted to get a white one and mod it like Deryck's but I decided to make an exact model, color and everything.

Edit: Well, good news, my guitar came in early. Four weeks early to be exact. I have a couple pictures of it and I'll post them eventually when the final product is done. I just need to order all the parts and get it worked on. So not much longer now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 21, 2008

If you are reading this, I just sent in my order for the parts to customize the guitar (pickups, pickguard...etc.). If everything goes smoothly, the products will arrive. I couldn't use a credit card, so I had to mail in my order. Hopefully I paid the right amount and hopefully the business is done without any hassles. I'll be posting before/later/after pictures of it when it's done. Right now I'm trying to find the right width of red electrical tape.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 3, 2008

Okay, if you are reading this, everything is being sent over. I got the pickup, pickguard, jack and strap holders as well as the Get'm Get'm Sargeant Guitar Strap that Deryck used back in the Chuck era. This thing will be complete within the next 3-4 weeks for sure.

February 26, 2008

Due to some complications with the pickguard (the store routed the bridge wrong) the project was delayed another week or two to get a new pickguard. But today it arrived and my guitar is in the shop getting worked on as we speak. So by the weekend I'll probably have pictures and I'll bump this topic up.
Jeremy Kill
Re: Deryck Whibley Signature Replica

Post by Jeremy Kill »

MARCH 3 2008: The Guitar is in my hands and 100% complete.

You can compare my guitar with his using this picture.

NOTE: The neck pickup is unrouted/unwired like Deryck's.

BEFORE PHOTOS

^ I wanted to show the belly cut contour of the guitar.

PARTS PHOTOS

ImageImage
ImageImage

==========================================================

Everything being said and done, it was a success and it sounds great. The only difference between my guitar and Deryck's is if you look closely, the screws of the pickguards are different. This is because Deryck's custom pickguard was built by Fender and my custom pickguard came from Warmoth.

So yeah, cool or what? =D

PS: I suggest not doing this unless you have a lot of money to spend and you plan on never really using another guitar live for as long as this one works.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by HilgaMan »

That looks SO COOL MAN!!! WOW! 8)
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

woah! :o
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm glad you guys like it! =)
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

Yeah,it looks great!
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

damn. thats... amazing...
One of a Kind of Something
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

Thats fucking sick!!!
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

thats sick dude

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah