Sum 41 in total guitar

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

jsd2 wrote:"I've done something to my brain, I'm fucked!"

that was hilarious!! :lol:
yea but the rest of its not. i know how he feels i used to have alot of those. :shock: :cry:

maybe not as bad, btu still man.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, for the record, Avril plays the guitar, she always did, like... before, in the Sk8er Boi era, when she looked like more of a punk girl, pop punk/pop rock girl... now she's lame pop just like Britney Spears and everything.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Thanks for typing that up!

And I still don't believe she is a guitarist. She seems so fake to me that I can't believe anything she says. If she does play guitar I doubt she's any good at all. I mean, anyone can strum a guitar, but you have to be good to succeed.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

She doesnt write her own music so I seriously doubt she has any talent at all. She's just another pop-star that Hollywood can use now and will throw away in two years time.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

^^who told u that?
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

.....what?
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Well, she co-writes her own stuff. I was watching her in-studio documentary, and she may not be the most talented person to walk the planet, but her voice is beautiful and she's got a good ear for things.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

I actually thought and read an interview with her back then where she said she writes all of her material (or at least once she did) and she hates stupid pop stars like Britney Spears, that not involved at all in the writing proccess, and maybe Avril was like that once, when she was bearable with her first album (and even second), but in this last album she totally went Britney, beacame this bubble-gum blonde pop star with background dancers and all, totally got rid of the guitars and the pop rock persona... which always make me believe what a poser she is... being this "punk girl" in her first album, who was btw, pretty much a pop rock/pop punk album, and she even used more guitars in her second album, but since then she went totally pop and became this recycled pop star, which shows how poser-ish was her "punk girl"/tomboy persona back then...
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

I'm pretty sure her entire first album was written by this old Canadian dude. Maybe I worded it wrong, but she definately can't compose her own music
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

she does write her own music, and i know she used to play guitar alot and stuff, but i don't know if musically she makes it all up
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

i've read interviews where she claims that all of her music has been written by her so i believe her

ps: this is a sum 1 forum, not an avril lavigne forum
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

yes its not an avril forum but the discussion came to talk about Avril, and actually i do believe her at least that her first album was written by her, it was mostly based on this nonsense pop rock, and even a little punk pop and all, and catchy tunes and all and its believable but its very problematic since it makes her look like a poser that since then she went doing this pop shit like Girlfriend.

She even played guitar at live shows in that Sk8er Boi era of her, and to be honest, the guitars on her second (and more mature) album were not that bad... only then she decided to go totally mainstream with this album , too bad ... =/
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

fergal41 wrote:I'm pretty sure her entire first album was written by this old Canadian dude.
Sorry, we'll get back to Sum 41 in a second. Considering the Matrix only takes credit for 3 songs on the album (I say "takes credit", not "got credited"), even if Avril didn't write the other stuff, I can confirm that what you said isn't true.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Thank you, I can sleep soundly tonight knowing that another of my favorite celebrities is the person I want them to be !
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

OMG, stop saying she plays the guitar. thier is a difference between playing the guitar and PLAYING THE GUITAR. playing a few power chords on a pathetic teeny bopper tryhard "i hate the world" skater boy shit is not playing the guitar. playing the guitar is sumone of the likes of DAVE BAKSH, a fuckin legend, its people like avril lavigne that takes away the real guitarists repuatation. thanks bye.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

^^that's true
Brownmetal
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeffrey

Post by Brownmetal »

Pull_The_Curtis wrote:OMG, stop saying she plays the guitar. thier is a difference between playing the guitar and PLAYING THE GUITAR. playing a few power chords on a pathetic teeny bopper tryhard "i hate the world" skater boy shit is not playing the guitar. playing the guitar is sumone of the likes of DAVE BAKSH, a fuckin legend, its people like avril lavigne that takes away the real guitarists repuatation. thanks bye.
I agree 900%.

Dave Baksh ftw
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, that's true.

its just should be mentioned that once, at least, more than other stupid pop stars like Britney Spears and shit, she actually knew how to play a few chords and shit, but still, yeah, she's not really playing the guitar, and she's definitely not Dave.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

what if she can't play the guitar? is it a crime?
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

^Good point.