Blink 182

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

FlyingCone wrote:
funkymunky2404 wrote:One of the best bands ever to have ever existed and ever will exist.

Will greatly missed by everyone!!
Not by everyone.

I hate them, they are one of the worst bands in my book.
i agree. they sucked. i hated them and i hated how they're all "look at us were so punk. watch us make a song which is about a guy going on a first date and then make us acting like douchbags" and yes i have seen some of there videos, and they all suck. the singers voice is screwy, and i dislike the drummers cocky-ness. (the way he palys with one arm in the air during preformances, which goes to show you how easy it is to play their drum parts, i also dislike the fact that he is covered with tattos. and PUT YOUR FUCKING SHIRT BACK ON!!! no one wants to se a skinny white boy prancing around like the king of the drummers.

i also extremly dislike green day, AVA and i don't care much for +44. the bassist from +44, and 182, seems allright, i have nothing to complain about him except that he was part of blink 182.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: thou shalt pay for thine insults you fanny bandit!
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

NoReason27 wrote:
FlyingCone wrote:
funkymunky2404 wrote:One of the best bands ever to have ever existed and ever will exist.

Will greatly missed by everyone!!
Not by everyone.

I hate them, they are one of the worst bands in my book.
i agree. they sucked. i hated them and i hated how they're all "look at us were so punk. watch us make a song which is about a guy going on a first date and then make us acting like douchbags" and yes i have seen some of there videos, and they all suck. the singers voice is screwy, and i dislike the drummers cocky-ness. (the way he palys with one arm in the air during preformances, which goes to show you how easy it is to play their drum parts, i also dislike the fact that he is covered with tattos. and PUT YOUR FUCKING SHIRT BACK ON!!! no one wants to se a skinny white boy prancing around like the king of the drummers.

i also extremly dislike green day, AVA and i don't care much for +44. the bassist from +44, and 182, seems allright, i have nothing to complain about him except that he was part of blink 182.
Same here except I kinda like Green day but I dont get why alot of you guys like +44 or Blink182....or AVA in my opinion the vocalist suck
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

The untitled album is a fucking masterpiece. And AVA are also amazing. +44 are pretty good too.

Guest is my noob.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

+44 is ok, not the best. The only song by Blink that I can listen to is I Miss You. That's an ok song. I listened to most of their other songs and didn't like them. AVA is ok too. None of the 3 are my favorite.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

i hate AVA. i saw the video for the Adventure, total shit.

Follow me on Twitter!
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

ava is my favourite band. you are probably into more heavier stuff, which is fine. i like alot of that too. but it like gives me a high when i listen to ava. its so...magical, i don't even know how to explain it. +44 sucks thoguh, same old shit rehashed... if they kept that chick singer i wouldhave liked them more.

but back onto AVA. I don't know valkyrie missile, its just unbelievable.
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

your right. im into more hevy stuff, but to too crazy heavy. when i heard that "Adventure" song, i just so bord because it just repeted over and over, it wasn't anything special and didn't create any impact at all.

ps. what is their most heavy song?and is it at least as heavy as, say "count your last Blessings"? mabey if i give that a listen....

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Blink wrote some catchy melodies, but that's all that ever stuck with me. I don't really like AvA or +44. +44 is more of my type of music, but When You Heart Stops Beating is the only song I like off that album. AvA isn't too bad, it's a nice change of sound. I like listening to it at night time on road trips.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

I like Heavy music but not my favorite type of music...I just hate Blink and +44 I like the melodies of the guitars but hate how the singers sound.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero

Post by Bass Cone »

Actually, now I have to admit I've become tolerant of their music. It's not as bad as I remember it being.
sumday4182

Post by sumday4182 »

Blink is the best band, out of thier whole career they made maby 6 bad songs and those were just on thier first 2 albums, but after that there was never another bad song maby some bad-ass songs but never bad, they are extreamly catchy have lyrics everyone can relate to and they were jus all about having fun and they didnt give 2 shits if people liked them are not they were jus 3 guys doin what they love till tom's ego kiked in then..., we all know the story. Mark is the coolest funniest guy ever, Travis is the god of drums, and Tom some complain about his voice but it is uniqe and sounds like no one else. nuff said BLINK for life.

A World Of Disbelief Where I Belong
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

In my opinion Nirvana is a hundred times better.
AVA182b
Bunkface

Post by AVA182b »

Blink-182 was amazing, but then they had to go be pansys and break up.
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

wat the ef is a blink 182
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

zachy311 wrote:wat the ef is a blink 182
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tell me your joking
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

NoReason27 wrote:your right. im into more hevy stuff, but to too crazy heavy. when i heard that "Adventure" song, i just so bord because it just repeted over and over, it wasn't anything special and didn't create any impact at all.

ps. what is their most heavy song?and is it at least as heavy as, say "count your last Blessings"? mabey if i give that a listen....
their heaviest song is "the war"
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

I think Blink 182 were extremely overrated, and simple.

However, catchy and fun is something I sorely miss in the music industry today. And I do own more than one of their albums.

But realizing they were musically...let's just say "not that talented", to not cause a ruckus...yeahhh.

It's fine to like them, love them, whatever. But "best band ever" is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. For one, you haven't heard every band ever, and for another - they're really not that good, musically...

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Rocket41
Billy Spleen
First name: Taylor

Post by Rocket41 »

blinks the best hands down

Bass Cone
Underclass Hero

Post by Bass Cone »

ok it's not unusual for me to hate a band one week and love them the next (or vice versa), but now my two favorite bands are Blink 182 and Sum 41. I hated Blink when I was into darker, heavy stuff, but now I realize how fun they are.

"The best band ever" is up to you to decide and it can be different from someone else's favorite. Like I think being the best band ever means that it's fun to listen to, doesn't get old fast, and you can relate to the songs. I dont think it's who can play the best guitar solo or bass line, although that does help. But that can be different for someone else.

So saying Blink is the best band ever is not a ridiculous statement, it's just an opinion. 8)