41%

Total votes: 44

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

sumfan wrote:lmao. a normal outfit???
Um, I said it wasn't normal outfit. At least to me, normal outfit doesn't equal to wearing only your underwear.
Hentaiman wrote:HHOP's cover was a actually a parody on Megadeth's cover of "So Far, So Good... So What?!"
Yeah, that's the theme I was looking for. :P

Well, I mean Deryck on the cover is good, and fits with the lyrics.
But Sums are back after having a three-year break between the albums, so I think they should have promoted themselves more as a band.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

TomiT14 wrote:
sumfan wrote:lmao. a normal outfit???
Um, I said it wasn't normal outfit. At least to me, normal outfit doesn't equal to wearing only your underwear.
Hentaiman wrote:HHOP's cover was a actually a parody on Megadeth's cover of "So Far, So Good... So What?!"
Yeah, that's the theme I was looking for. :P

Well, I mean Deryck on the cover is good, and fits with the lyrics.
But Sums are back after having a three-year break between the albums, so I think they should have promoted themselves more as a band.
Yeah i agree.
The promotion of this album was as personal and stuff and Deryck always promoted it as telling how hard was it to write such personal lyrics and all, which didn't really help the whole band's image, as a band.
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

I don't like this thread.

Guest is my noob.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I just think it's weird how the "best Sum 41 album" according to Deryck (mainly) happens to be all about him.

I remember seeing a recent interview where Deryck said it was the edgiest and fasted album they have made to date. To me, Deryck seems to be the only one who supports that 100%. I've seen an interview where Cone said it was "slower and faster at the same time" and when asked if Underclass Hero was an improvement from previous albums he mentioned the lyrics mostly and didn't comment much on the actual music.

But I do like how there was more piano, acoustic guitars and vocal harmonies. I don't know if every song on the album should have all three though. Even though they didn't, it just appeared that way.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

Gunner wrote:I just think it's weird how the "best Sum 41 album" according to Deryck (mainly) happens to be all about him.

I remember seeing a recent interview where Deryck said it was the edgiest and fasted album they have made to date. To me, Deryck seems to be the only one who supports that 100%. I've seen an interview where Cone said it was "slower and faster at the same time" and when asked if Underclass Hero was an improvement from previous albums he mentioned the lyrics mostly and didn't comment much on the actual music.

But I do like how there was more piano, acoustic guitars and vocal harmonies. I don't know if every song on the album should have all three though. Even though they didn't, it just appeared that way.
Yeah I agree on the last paragraph...But in this album Deryck kinda seemed self centered you know sort of excluding Cone and Steve,also in the interview whenever he would talk about a song he would say what I think...So it gets me thinking...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

He he was pretty much self-centered in anything about the album, maybe cuz the album is self-centered around him... lyricially, and musically (like the argument with Cone about the bass) :evil:
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Gunner wrote:I just think it's weird how the "best Sum 41 album" according to Deryck (mainly) happens to be all about him.

I'm officially a fan of you. Just so you know. Well said, and I agree.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, as i said, I really agree with that, only unlike Ashley, do think UH is good :lol:
but anyway, i agree with the rest.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Jonny wrote:I don't like this thread.
Me neither.

I'd just like to put it out there that both Cone and Steve have said that they think that this is their best album. Both of them have said very good things about the album musically and lyrically.

Deryck never refers to the album as "my album" or "my music" or even "my lyrics". He says "our album", "our music", and "the lyrics".

Yes, when he talks about the lyrics he's going to use the pronoun "I". He wrote the lyrics, as he always has (excluding a few songs), and so the songs are going to be from his point of view, a point of view which for the most part his bandmates seem to agree with. They don't appear to have a problem with this, and, in fact, Steve says he has always encouraged Deryck to be more personal with his lyrics.

And when has Deryck EVER said that this is their heaviest and fastest album? And even if he has said that, how is that relevant to what Cone said? They're different people. They can have different opinions on how the music compares to their other music speed-wise.

About the bass parts, in an article I posted a while ago, Cone said, without Deryck sitting right there, that with more experience as a songwriter, he understands where Deryck was coming from and says that he feels he (Cone) was a bit selfish about the bass parts on past albums. I'm not saying I agree with him, I'm just saying how Cone feels.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Phili wrote:
Me neither.

I'd just like to put it out there that both Cone and Steve have said that they think that this is their best album. Both of them have said very good things about the album musically and lyrically.

Deryck never refers to the album as "my album" or "my music" or even "my lyrics". He says "our album", "our music", and "the lyrics".

Yes, when he talks about the lyrics he's going to use the pronoun "I". He wrote the lyrics, as he always has (excluding a few songs), and so the songs are going to be from his point of view, a point of view which for the most part his bandmates seem to agree with. They don't appear to have a problem with this, and, in fact, Steve says he has always encouraged Deryck to be more personal with his lyrics.

And when has Deryck EVER said that this is their heaviest and fastest album? And even if he has said that, how is that relevant to what Cone said? They're different people. They can have different opinions on how the music compares to their other music speed-wise.

About the bass parts, in an article I posted a while ago, Cone said, without Deryck sitting right there, that with more experience as a songwriter, he understands where Deryck was coming from and says that he feels he (Cone) was a bit selfish about the bass parts on past albums. I'm not saying I agree with him, I'm just saying how Cone feels.
When did they say its their heaviest album?But yeah we should listen to Phili shes like the Sum 41 geek of the site
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Damn, I wrote heaviest instead of edgiest.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Actually they did say quite a few times it was more edgier
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Phili wrote: And when has Deryck EVER said that this is their heaviest and fastest album? And even if he has said that, how is that relevant to what Cone said? They're different people. They can have different opinions on how the music compares to their other music speed-wise.
http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-10-29-voa44.cfm

Deryck even says, "In every possible way, it's our best record."

I suppose there isn't any relevance to what Cone has to say about the album. The more I think about it... Underclass Hero is pretty fast, but it has a lot more slower parts than albums like Infected and All Killer I believe. I haven't listened to those albums in a while so my comparison might not be reliable.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Actually, you can compare UH alot to Chuck. i mean, Best of Me is kinda Pieces, and With Me is kinda Some Say, King of Contradiction is Welcome To Hell, etc.

It's not a slow album overall, it just has a lot slower parts that i dont think were in other albums, plus its their longest record to date.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

We all know that Deryck thinks it's their best album and that it's more agressive. But it's not negative that he thinks that. It's just an opinion.
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

me too, kinda wierd.