Dissapointed

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Pull_The_Curtis wrote:I think Deryck is trying to cover the fact the instrumental side of things on UH is shit by saying things like "im not guitarist, i only wrtie music (as in lyrics)" which he has said numerous times..
Yeah, I totally agree with that. There are even clues in "Making of Underclass Hero" that the music was really going to lack. As far as my memory serves me, Stevo said something about "compensating by making the music more melodic."
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

well it is melodic but that's not the case, Sum 41 were always melodic!
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

I think they should change their style on every of their new albums like Metal then Rap etc...I think that would be better than they wouldnt be so predictable.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

^They DO do that. Half Hour of Power is similar to All Killer No Filler but Does This Look Infected is different and Chuck was wayyy different and Underclass Hero is nothing like Chuck. I'd hate for them to do a full on rap album, though.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, Sum 41 evolve on every album in different aspects of their music, but they can't seem to stay completely consistent with the things they do well. I know they tried to bring their best game to Underclass Hero, but the guitar seemed weaker than the guitar on Half Hour even!

Hopefully they nail it next album.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah they streching the limits of punk, alternative rock and metal in every way they can so i would not like them to do a rap album but Phili is right, every album is different and an evolution for them.
I mean, they did punk pop, melodic punk rock, alternative metal, alternative rock, i mean, they're doing it big!

Though, Gunner, i dont agree, the guitrs on UH are okay. not worse than on HHOP which is basically my lest fav album by them although it has some cool stuff like the instrumentals Ride the Chariot and Grab the Devil, T.H.T (even though short) and the classic Makes No Difference. still UH is a better effort than HHOP, imo.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

to the guy that said that he'd like sum 41 to do some rap: get lost
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Byzzy wrote:to the guy that said that he'd like sum 41 to do some rap: get lost
or listen to what we're all about :lol:
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

yeah rap sucks ...
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

I dont mean excactly Rap maybe Beastie boys style or more Fat lip style as in Rapcore.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

...No. That's not what Sum 41 is at all. They couldn't do an entire album like that. They of course can change their style, but they still need to be Sum 41 at the core.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

But I still think they should do some Rapcore songs with Steve cause they havent done one in a long time.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

I really don't think they should have more than one song on each album that has rap elements to it. Chuck doesn't have one but HHOP, AKNF, DTLI, and UH all do.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

To the guy that said Deryck is trying to cover the weakness of the music by saying he is not a guitarist and just writes music. Deryck doesnt mean the lyrics...the lyrics and the composition are completely different things. He means the song in general which is why he plays Piano and keys on this album.
What he's trying to say basically is that guitar is just one of the instruments he uses to make music and that he's not strictly a guitarist he's just a musician that plays other instruments aswell and will use as many instruments as he needs to compose the music for a song.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

True but I kinda think thats always been part of them cause I mean one of their influences were Beastie boys and some of their early songs were Beastie boys style.

But yeah you got a point there and also if they do that Steve would become the lead vocalist I think...
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

None of their songs are really Beastie Boys-esque. Yes, Fat Lip and WWAA both have rapping in them, but it's done in a completely different way than the Beastie Boys.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, i think WWAA kinda reminds the Beastie Boys but that's it.
And they shouldn't return to that rapping style, it's no good.
I mean Fat Lip is a classic and all and it has cool tunes and WWAA just has a catchy chorus and solo, but the whole song gets annoying and i think that's the max they should go and gone already.
other than that, they should not go rap or rapcore, definitely not like Linkin park these days.

And what song had rap elements on DTLI and UH?
Only HHOP and AKNF had those rap kinda stuff.
I dont think Underclass Hero (the song) is rap style at all even though people compare it to Fat Lip alot.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Hentaiman wrote:Well, i think WWAA kinda reminds the Beastie Boys but that's it.
And they shouldn't return to that rapping style, it's no good.
I mean Fat Lip is a classic and all and it has cool tunes and WWAA just has a catchy chorus and solo, but the whole song gets annoying and i think that's the max they should go and gone already.
other than that, they should not go rap or rapcore, definitely not like Linkin park these days.

And what song had rap elements on DTLI and UH?
Only HHOP and AKNF had those rap kinda stuff.
I dont think Underclass Hero (the song) is rap style at all even though people compare it to Fat Lip alot.
Well the only similarity between Uh and Fat lip is the hip hop beats.And the song that has rap elements on DTLI? is thanks for nothing.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Except for Steve's singing which i still don't find rap style, but many people say it is, i really don't see what's so rap about Thanks For Nothing.
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

I quite like it when the Sums do rap, i doubt they'd do it now as Dave was the best rapper and unless Cone would want to i doubt just Stevo and Deryck would.