Dissapointed

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Dissapointed

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

You know after hearing UH for a few times and then compare it to their older work older is way better...I dont know cause after like the 4 time I heard it I was rather dissapointed I mean Walking disaster was awesome at first then got boring after a while same with the other songs...Were any of you dissapointed?
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

not at all.
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Gebirgskuchen
First name: Daniel
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Gebirgskuchen »

Yeah totally disappointed. Sum 41's just following the mainstream path, not more or less...but I still like them, because of their older albums and their amazing conerts. Thank God, they play enough old songs live!!!
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

not at all; I mean yeah UH is great(I love it) but I think DTLI and Chuck are better
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, sure DTLI and AKNF (and maybe Chuck too) are all better, but i mean, at first, i was amazed!
I mean, who cares, finally after 3 years, we got some new material from Sum 41, so i wasn't disappointed.
yet, after few months, only then i noticed there are no solos which if you think of it, sucks! but still, UH is a very good album ,either way, although solos could only help it :D
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

I LOVE UH. Their best lyricly but lacks alot in the music department. Its deffinetly one if not their best. But older work is somewhat better.
budgie
Underclass Hero
Post by budgie »

honestly, i hardly ever listen to it anymore

ive gotten sick of some of the songs.
compared to the early stuff UH is kinda crap

thats my opinion

i would still listen to KOC, SotD and the jester though
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, sure DTLI and AKNF (and maybe Chuck too) are all better, but i mean, at first, i was amazed!
I mean, who cares, finally after 3 years, we got some new material from Sum 41, so i wasn't disappointed.
yet, after few months, only then i noticed there are no solos which if you think of it, sucks! but still, UH is a very good album ,either way, although solos could only help it :D
Pull the Curtain has a solo in it
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I just recently found myself listening to Chuck a lot more than I used to. Underclass Hero was good in terms of more personal lyrics and it was way less depressing. But it still got boring. It's a different boring than "Chuck-boring."
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Well, I just can't get enough Sum 41.

Currently, I'm listening to UH album consequently every day, and it still rocks. For me, listening to any album of Sum 41 gets me excited every time.
I can still listen to all of their songs without a vibe of them being boring.
UnderclassHeroine
King of Contradiction

Post by UnderclassHeroine »

I mean it does get old.
But oh well.
I mean. Lyrics awesome.
I pick out sayings from them and make pictures with them.
(Drawings really))
I wish I could scan them onto the computer. It'd be better.
<center>
Image</center>
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

budgie. wrote:honestly, i hardly ever listen to it anymore

ive gotten sick of some of the songs.
compared to the early stuff UH is kinda crap

thats my opinion

i would still listen to KOC, SotD and the jester though
Yeah same here I havent listened to it in about a month and a half.
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

I'm back to listening to DTLI? and Chuck...as much as i would have been sad to say a few months ago, to be honest, Underclass Hero was disappointing considering what was expected.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

yeah, now everyone say it.
i think so too that when it was released i was really kinda sick of all the albums and just wanted something new, but now like i said, i realized there's no solos, yet it's not bad or something, it just.... just now i realized how good were Dave's rockin' solos.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, at least when Dave was in the band it forced Deryck to write guitar parts for songs that were pretty much all different and had actual riffs and seemed to force Deryck to think more creatively.

I mean, yeah, Deryck says there's less limitations and restrictions... But that basically means he can just write bland and easy guitar without worrying about if anyone is going to care how boring it is to play.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Gunner wrote:Yeah, at least when Dave was in the band it forced Deryck to write guitar parts for songs that were pretty much all different and had actual riffs and seemed to force Deryck to think more creatively.

I mean, yeah, Deryck says there's less limitations and restrictions... But that basically means he can just write bland and easy guitar without worrying about if anyone is going to care how boring it is to play.
yes it's kinda true, although i still love UH very much. its still a great album and when it came out i didn't even gave fuck that Dave left and what it was like, complex guitars or not, cuz the lyrics are awesome and its a well done album , even though guitars are a lot less complex or originally done then before.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, don't get me wrong, Underclass Hero was great. Especially since the band seemed to be starting from scratch all over again.

But Sum 41 always seems to be getting the short end of the stick, being compared to Green Day and Blink-182 and being treated like a band that has nothing new to bring to the table. The only solution to that is... well... stray away from pure powerchords and the B, F#, G#, E progression! Meaning: Deryck has to put more effort into writing guitar parts.

^At least... That's what I would do.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Gunner wrote:Yeah, don't get me wrong, Underclass Hero was great. Especially since the band seemed to be starting from scratch all over again.

But Sum 41 always seems to be getting the short end of the stick, being compared to Green Day and Blink-182 and being treated like a band that has nothing new to bring to the table. The only solution to that is... well... stray away from pure powerchords and the B, F#, G#, E progression! Meaning: Deryck has to put more effort into writing guitar parts.

^At least... That's what I would do.

Yeah you got that right, that's why they had those instrumental cool stuff like Grab the Devil, 32 Ways to Die and Ride the Chariot in HHOP, and even in their most pop-punkish and least heavist full length record - AKNF, who was kinda like Blink-182's Enema, they still had cool solos and new stuff, so yeah, that's why UH was also compared so much to Green Day and Blink 182.
i mean, its not the same songs! its basic punk chord progression!
Omega Myre
Bunkface

Post by Omega Myre »

I listened to UH and loved it like crazy for about a month, but then I soon went back to listening to Chuck and The Black Parade.
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

I think Deryck is trying to cover the fact the instrumental side of things on UH is shit by saying things like "im not guitarist, i only wrtie music (as in lyrics)" which he has said numerous times..