Cancelled show -- I've lost alot of respect for Sum....

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

whitey182

Cancelled show -- I've lost alot of respect for Sum....

Post by whitey182 »

i travelled 4 hours to the small city of Red Deer, AB tonight listening to Underlcass Hero...i get into the city, flick on the radio for the first time:

"...and at the last minute...Sum 41 has backed out of tonight show at Red Deer's Enmax Centrium...the group has a member with the flu and is unable to perform..." -- the radio DJ, chuckled "...thats dedication"

which is true, i know the group played last night in Grande Praire, AB --- and i'm sure this is not a life threatning sickness --- sometimes egos and a sneeze/cough need to be set aside in the best interest of the fans and the bands reputation

i'm very disappointed and very skeptical on this one members flu

ha, fuck this is retarded...
Ken
Administrator
Administrator
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: your sister

Post by Ken »

Flu my ass.

Deryck was probably partying and has a hangover, and would rather see Avril than play.
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

Maybe you should track them down and kill their families?
Or try and get your money back.

Guest is my noob.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

:shock: awwww man that sucks.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, this was supposed to be my first Sum 41 show ever and I was so pumped. I was so disappointed when they fucking cancelled. I withdrew $200 in cash for all the shit I wanted to buy.

Fucking Sum 41, build up your immune system next time you guys go on tour. Take your flu shots and drink you fluids (water). I'm soo disappointed and so pissed off right now. I'm getting a full refund because I don't give a shit about no-name band Die Mannequin and Finger Eleven. It's times like these I wish I were also a fan of Finger Eleven, then I wouldn't be as bitchy as I am right now.

I'm pretty sure Deryck was the one to get sick. He's the sick guy of the band.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

So just cause of that you diss them? thats pretty pathetic there will always be different shows.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Tiny wrote:So just cause of that you diss them? thats pretty pathetic there will always be different shows.
Yeah maybe in the next three years. I wouldn't expect you to know or anyone else for that matter. You can't talk until you've been what other have been through.

Read again, there wasn't any dissing of Sum 41.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

i half agree with Gunner then half agree with Tiny. no you cant judge unless you've been through it. but really its ONE show out of the last 20-30 or what.I dont know coz i dont know their tour schedule. then take in acount the 300 somthin shows they did. they do this all the time and they dont have to. give them a break.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

sumfan wrote:i half agree with Gunner then half agree with Tiny. no you cant judge unless you've been through it. but really its ONE show out of the last 20-30 or what. then take in acount the 300 somthin shows they did. they do this all the time and they dont have to. give them a break.
Yeah, okay but the next train won't arrive until 7:15pm 2010 probably. And I don't know about you, but that's a long time to wait for "just one show". It's easy to say it's just one show. And when you're so excited to see the first show ever of your favorite band only to find out it's cancelled you can't help to be a little angry at the whole thing.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

Gunner wrote:
sumfan wrote:i half agree with Gunner then half agree with Tiny. no you cant judge unless you've been through it. but really its ONE show out of the last 20-30 or what. then take in acount the 300 somthin shows they did. they do this all the time and they dont have to. give them a break.
Yeah, okay but the next train won't arrive until 7:15pm 2010 probably. And I don't know about you, but that's a long time to wait for "just one show". It's easy to say it's just one show. And when you're so excited to see the first show ever of your favorite band only to find out it's cancelled you can't help to be a little angry at the whole thing.
Well thats a pretty stupid thing that would ruin your life I mean its just one concert who cares its not like its the end of the band.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Tiny wrote:
Gunner wrote:
Well thats a pretty stupid thing that would ruin your life I mean its just one concert who cares its not like its the end of the band.
Who said anything about it ruining my life? Dude, I found out only a couple of hours ago! The concert hasn't even started yet in Red Deer.

So sorry for being someone who doesn't get over things with the snap of a finger, Jesus Christ. It's like you didn't even read what I said in that post.

You're practically saying that it's not okay for me to be pissed off right now.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

wonder what their doin :lol:
boof
Bunkface
First name: Chelsea

Post by boof »

man that sucks... and i for one do know exactly how you feel... back in 2004 when blink were touring aus my show was cancelled the day before coz travis broke his foot... i was totally gutted... thankfully they rescheduelled and came back like 6 months later to finish the tour... hopefully sums will be kind enough to rescheduel you your show if not thats pretty shit...
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

oh my.... that sucks..... i would get fucking mad if that would that i waited over 3 years to go to a Sum 41 show and got the opportunity, and they cancel. i would flip. Gunner, everything you said is perfectly fine. i agree 100% with you.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
n4txO!
Bunkface
First name: Ignacio

Post by n4txO! »

Tiny wrote:
Gunner wrote:
How can you possible say "give them a break" it's not Gunner's fault that they booked a show for that day... it is okay for him to be pissed off because he could not see something that he was expecting so much, I would be even more pissed if that happens to me! Don't say like "hey calm down" to Gunner and whitey182, they are in their right to get mad obviously...
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I hope they reschedule too. I would rather wait six months than another few years to see them. Seriously the last time I could've gone an seen them was back in 2004 when Chuck came out. I regretted not seeing them back then which was why I was so excited to see them tonight.

But I'm sure if everyone's favorite band cancelled a show on them it wouldn't just be "Oh well, there's always next time" -- without any emotion whatsoever. I mean if you like the band as much as you do, you're going to be affected by it.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

:P :P :P pussies get over it.
Ken
Administrator
Administrator
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: your sister

Post by Ken »

Gunner wrote:Yeah, this was supposed to be my first Sum 41 show ever and I was so pumped. I was so disappointed when they fucking cancelled. I withdrew $200 in cash for all the shit I wanted to buy.

Fucking Sum 41, build up your immune system next time you guys go on tour. Take your flu shots and drink you fluids (water). I'm soo disappointed and so pissed off right now. I'm getting a full refund because I don't give a shit about no-name band Die Mannequin and Finger Eleven. It's times like these I wish I were also a fan of Finger Eleven, then I wouldn't be as bitchy as I am right now.

Dude.

TRUST ME.

HE WAS NOT SICK.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

sumfan wrote::P :P :P pussies get over it.
Oh I'll get over it for sure. But don't expect me to be over it three hours after I find out about it! Give me a few days. But yeah, I'm glad there's people that would be in the same boat as me. :)
whitey182

Post by whitey182 »

Ken of Contradiction wrote:
Gunner wrote:Yeah, this was supposed to be my first Sum 41 show ever and I was so pumped. I was so disappointed when they fucking cancelled. I withdrew $200 in cash for all the shit I wanted to buy.

Dude.

TRUST ME.

HE WAS NOT SICK.
dude, ya im kinda skeptical on it too -- when was avirls bday and shit? hasnt she been on the road with them and what not?

...i just look at as...theyre playin in regina in a few days and they're probably in the state of mind of -- "hey Reginas gonna be huge and Red Deer is gonna be a small -- id rather take er' easy now then jeopardize a huge venue"

...its very rare for one of your favorite bands to come around to a small city such as Red Deer and to call in sick just seems odd..i'm eagerly awaiting what the press says tomorrow and what Exactly happend...or whom is sick & with what...