the official i broke my arm at sum 41 thread!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

GNARKILL

the official i broke my arm at sum 41 thread!

Post by GNARKILL »

well i just wraped up a pretty sweet week, consisting of 2 sum 41 shows: one in edmonton, followed by the show in calgary. for the edmonton show i was part of the meet and greet... we got to watch sound check (while a few daring souls went on stage to sing one their songs), and got to meet the guys afterwards. talked to tom for a while about touring with the guys, saying he plans to continue touring with the guys, as well as with gob once their new album drops.

concert time!

we spent the entire finger eleven set in the beer gardens, as we really didn't give a shit. as soon as they were finished and the lights came on, we made our way into the crowd. 15 minutes later the lights went out and the SUM 41 chants started. out come the boys opening with underclass hero. for the better part of the concert i was up against the rails, wanting to pay a lot attention to the show. problem was that the crowd was pretty weak up there, so once still waiting hit i headed for the pits. now that's some fun ass shit when you're jumping around and moshing to your favorite band. sadly i tripped and fell forward with my body landing on my hand pretty bad. i could tell right away it was broken, but there was no way that was sending me home early!

there was a day's break between the 2 shows, so that's when i paid a visit to the hospital and got fitted with a lovely cast....

then came wednesday and we flew down to calgary for the night. pretty much the same show (as expected) except a lot more exciting seeing how it was being played in an arena (like the venues they chose for the motley crue tour). despite the injury i was very close and very involved with the crowd, even going crowd surfing a couple of times. very happy i didnt fuck it up even worse!

overall, excellent shows. sweet underclass hero banners on the stage, though i was surprised they didnt go out of their way to add in anything special in light of the fact they were headlining an arena show. most bands tend to have crazy lighting, or even pyro... but who cares.

SET LIST:

here's a list of songs they played, sorry but there's no way in hell i'd remember the order with all that booze in me.... with the exception of the intro and the encore.

intro:
underclass hero
the hell song
motivation

no particular order:
still waiting
over my head
we're all to blame
pieces
makes no difference
machine gun
walking disaster
king of contradiction
in too deep
that's alright mama (elvis cover)

encore:
gob cover
fat lip
p4p

i was kinda disappointed with the lack of chuck/underclass hero songs... but hey, seeing sum 41 live is fucking sweet enough!

Props to dearyou_182 & erikj9 !!!
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

wow, sounds like you had an awesome night, twice! gutted about breaking your arm, but you still enjoyed yourself, good man!!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, sounds like you had fun even though breaking your arm.
I mean, i was at a Megadeth show with a broken leg, but it was okay in the end, my leg kinda healed in the show cuz i found myself going crazy there.

Sounds like a great show.
One of the good things in this was the elvis cover which is always very nice to hear. I mean, they do it kinda a lot that's right but you'll never know when they gonna do it, it's not as popular as opening every show with Underclass Hero which gets kinda annoying, i think.

Anyway, sounds cool, only the playlist kinda seems disappointing.
Really lacks Chuck stuff, they should've played Welcome to Hell or Bitter End, or at least return one of those to their current playlist, at least add one more Chuck song to every show.

And at least some more stuff of Underclass Hero... i mean, maybe Count Your Last Blessings, or Speak of the Devil (was never played live) or maybe Best of Me or With Me, you now, finally change the constant quiet song from Pieces to Best of Me or With Me, with Deryck playing the piano in those as well as in Pieces.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

:cry: take me next time.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

wheres No Reason!?!?!?! :(
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

That's awesome, my brother was at the Edmonton show by the rails too. Did you see a short brown kid with a rolled up poster in his hand? I think I'll get tickets to an Edmonton or Calgary show next time. Or to all four cities next time around so I am guaranteed to see them. :idea:
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

GODDAMMIT, GUYS! Play No Reason and No Brains!!!
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Phili wrote:GODDAMMIT, GUYS! Play No Reason and No Brains!!!
They have No Reason to play No Brains, and No Brains to play No Reason.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

sumfan wrote:
Phili wrote:GODDAMMIT, GUYS! Play No Reason and No Brains!!!
They have No Reason to play No Brains, and No Brains to play No Reason.
haha, that's true, dude! :P
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

and what even more of a slap in the face. i've been submitting question to the band via sum41.com and myspace, but they haven't responded!!!! im asking if they would play no reason, why they don't, and abunch of other question which slowly intracates into the "Where is No reason?" question. and no avail...... :(
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

NoReason27 wrote:and what even more of a slap in the face. i've been submitting question to the band via sum41.com and myspace, but they haven't responded!!!! im asking if they would play no reason, why they don't, and abunch of other question which slowly intracates into the "Where is No reason?" question. and no avail...... :(
Dont feel bad, dude, they never answer me, not in the site nor the myspace :?
At least i can talk to Dave via email, he's really nice for talking with fans like that, up close and personal!