Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Tips for sneaking in a camera to a concert

Post by Dylan »

anyone got any? in the finger11/sum41 concert it is no cameras or recorders are allowed. but people are allways bringing in cameras and recorders. i really want some photos of them playing, and im sure i could get some really great ones, but i don't want to get caught because my camera is very expensive and i really don't want to lose it. plus im in the stands not the floor, just so you know...
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

hide it in your ass
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

this is my camera.
Link
hidding it there is not an option.

Follow me on Twitter!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

HAHAHAHAHA. do they let big (kinda big) bags in?
or you could have pants that are baggy around the feet, but like somhow put the camera down there.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

i guess the thing is, do they search you at concerts? cause i could wear my jaket with the really big inside pockets. i could put in there. but if they search you then id be busted.

Follow me on Twitter!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

I doubt the search EVERYONE.
wreckless_abandon92

Post by wreckless_abandon92 »

yeah, ill bet they only really briefly bags, they wouldnt pat u down or anything
punkrockfan182
Bunkface

Post by punkrockfan182 »

put it in your socks. providing u got baggy trousers, they wont notice.

just make sure u got big socks.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

ok here is what you NEED to do, to be safe and get it in. honestly put it in a plastic bag and put it in your pants. right in front of your crotch would be best, just wear like big jeans or something, but put it there, they won't touch you there. now before the show you are going to want to cover up your lcd screen. you should probably put a piece of paper over it and then tape the edges. if you cannot cover it up, especially in your case because you do not have a viewfinder. turn your brightness down on your screen. do this because the security guards will be able to see the light flashing on your face and if they see it they will shine their flashlight at your camera and white out your screen. you will also want to cover up your red "recording" light on the front of your camera. if they see that they will white out your screen as well. if you continue to do it after they white out your screen a few times they WILL shine a laser into your lens which destroys your lcd screen. i had a long talk with the security guard at the last sum 41 show and he was telling me all of this. so basically i'm just trying to get around everything he said. but yeah, i think i covered everything
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
The Forgotten Son
Hooch

Post by The Forgotten Son »

"put it in your socks. providing u got baggy trousers, they wont notice. "

+1
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

yea put it in front of your crotch. girls might think your big and you'll get laid.
budgie
Underclass Hero
Post by budgie »

sumfan wrote:yea put it in front of your crotch. girls might think your big and you'll get laid.
or a dirty perv who gets aroused at the word "sex"
UnderclassHeroine
King of Contradiction

Post by UnderclassHeroine »

dm_rick wrote:ok here is what you NEED to do, to be safe and get it in. honestly put it in a plastic bag and put it in your pants. right in front of your crotch would be best, just wear like big jeans or something, but put it there, they won't touch you there. now before the show you are going to want to cover up your lcd screen. you should probably put a piece of paper over it and then tape the edges. if you cannot cover it up, especially in your case because you do not have a viewfinder. turn your brightness down on your screen. do this because the security guards will be able to see the light flashing on your face and if they see it they will shine their flashlight at your camera and white out your screen. you will also want to cover up your red "recording" light on the front of your camera. if they see that they will white out your screen as well. if you continue to do it after they white out your screen a few times they WILL shine a laser into your lens which destroys your lcd screen. i had a long talk with the security guard at the last sum 41 show and he was telling me all of this. so basically i'm just trying to get around everything he said. but yeah, i think i covered everything
A few things.
1. What if you were a girl
2. What does it mean to white out screens?
3. If a family member of yours has been to a concert at the place where it's being held, but didn't see Sum 41, would it be kind of the same...like the security check?
4. What the hell does white out your screen mean?
5. How the fuck can they do that to your camera?
<center>
Image</center>
Ken
Administrator
Administrator
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: your sister

Post by Ken »

Crotch it.

"What the fuck is this!?"
"Dude...I have a boner..."
budgie
Underclass Hero
Post by budgie »

the security dont really have a reason to ban cameras unless the band says, or if the gig is gonna be recorded on dvd.
my friend took a camera to an arena gig last year. he didnt even get a security check
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

budgie. wrote:
sumfan wrote:yea put it in front of your crotch. girls might think your big and you'll get laid.
your going too?
budgie
Underclass Hero
Post by budgie »

sumfan wrote:
budgie. wrote:
your going too?
me? no :(
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

I ALWAYS stick my camera under the waistline of my jeans. I have a really slim one.

The reason why they were so touchy about cameras at your show, Rick, was because not only was MTV filming, but the guys' families and loved ones (including Avril) were there.

Once you get the camera past security at regular Sum 41 shows, you're home free. You can walk past anyone and take pictures anywhere and they will not give a fuck.

They WILL search bags and pat down baggy jackets, so look out for that. I usually get past security pretty easily because I don't look particularly suspicious. I mean, complete strangers have given me a wad of cash and asked me to buy them merch before.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

UnderclassHeroine wrote:
dm_rick wrote:ok here is what you NEED to do, to be safe and get it in. honestly put it in a plastic bag and put it in your pants. right in front of your crotch would be best, just wear like big jeans or something, but put it there, they won't touch you there. now before the show you are going to want to cover up your lcd screen. you should probably put a piece of paper over it and then tape the edges. if you cannot cover it up, especially in your case because you do not have a viewfinder. turn your brightness down on your screen. do this because the security guards will be able to see the light flashing on your face and if they see it they will shine their flashlight at your camera and white out your screen. you will also want to cover up your red "recording" light on the front of your camera. if they see that they will white out your screen as well. if you continue to do it after they white out your screen a few times they WILL shine a laser into your lens which destroys your lcd screen. i had a long talk with the security guard at the last sum 41 show and he was telling me all of this. so basically i'm just trying to get around everything he said. but yeah, i think i covered everything
A few things.
1. What if you were a girl
2. What does it mean to white out screens?
3. If a family member of yours has been to a concert at the place where it's being held, but didn't see Sum 41, would it be kind of the same...like the security check?
4. What the hell does white out your screen mean?
5. How the fuck can they do that to your camera?
if your a girl, even better, you got no fuckin balls and dick to get in your way...
white out screen, its when they shine their flashlight at you, your screen will just go all white to "warn" you to stop taking pictures.
and i have no idea what your talking about with the next one
i guess they can, he was telling me that he only blasted someones LCD once and he said the guy almost shit himself. he said it is legal for them to do that, but they can't take the camera away.
and obviously this isnt standard for all concerts, just ones with tighter security.
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

i have no idea what the security is at the brandt centre... i might have to email my cousin whoe is taking me...

but hey thanks for the tips, but i doubt im gonna shove it down my pants or in my sock.

Follow me on Twitter!