Setlist

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Well, as they increase the song-count they're going to have to cut some songs off the roster so then they don't end up playing for three hours.
If anything they'll play their hit singles for sure and throw in the odd "other track" from the CD.

To be honest, I'm really tired of Pieces and We're All to Blame. No Reason and The Bitter End would be a refreshing change, especially to hear two lead singers sing No Reason... oh man would I love to hear that live.
x41x

Post by x41x »

Hentaiman wrote:I think they played too much from Chuck in the setlist at the concert you were in, lefty182.

I mean, only Pieces and We're All To Blame... =/
I mean, how can they not play like No Reason or Bitter End or 88... I think anyway they play a very small choice of tracks off Chuck and have ever played.
I mean, never Noots or Some Say or Angels with Dirty Faces or Open Your Eyes =/

and Bitter End was only played like few times, and like in once in all the bootlegs available.
They've played angels a few times.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

btw, i mean that they played too few tracks off Chuck, as you see how i continued my post, dunno why i wrote "too much" but i'm really sick of Pieces, and unfortunately i never even seen them live XD
I just think they should refresh the setlist.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:I mean, never Noots or Some Say or Angels with Dirty Faces or Open Your Eyes =/
Some Say was played at many shows during GCY tours. It's on the CD too.

Angels has been played too, for example in Singapore Launch in 2004.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

In the Singapore show it's the only time i heard they played it. they also played there Welcome to Hell which was also rarely played.
n4txO!
Bunkface
First name: Ignacio

Post by n4txO! »

in Canal+ they've played Angels, but angels and the bitter end both were rarely played live on tour.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Some Say was constantly played on the GCY tour. You can sort of tell that Deryck's not particularly fond of it and that it was only released as a single because Pieces did so well. It was on the Happy Live Surprise DVD, which you SHOULD HAVE BY NOW.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

Hentaiman wrote:In the Singapore show it's the only time i heard they played it. they also played there Welcome to Hell which was also rarely played.
Rarely played? They played when i saw them and it was on Happy live suprise cd. I don't think it could be called rare. The only song i can think they havent played live from chuck are...
*Noots.
*Open your eyes.
*Slipping away (but i doubt they'd ever play that)
*I'm not the one
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Phili wrote:Some Say was constantly played on the GCY tour. You can sort of tell that Deryck's not particularly fond of it and that it was only released as a single because Pieces did so well. It was on the Happy Live Surprise DVD, which you SHOULD HAVE BY NOW.
There is a Happy Live Surprise DVD?!

i mean, i heard the GCY was released on DVD, but never got it.
I have a Sympatico MSN show, the show in London, Ontario from the GCY.
Didn't knew there's actually a full DVD with the show, cuz again, it's nowhere to be found... like Bring the Noize DVD...
mattyw_rules
Billy Spleen

Post by mattyw_rules »

happy live surprise and go chuck yourself are the same thing, they just hav diff names for diff countries
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

yeah i know, but the thing is i didn't knew there was a DVD for happy live surprise, since there wasn't for GCY, except some Sympatico MSN recording of the London, Ontario show, in not so great quality and it actually says it's probably not the same show as on the GCY CD cuz there are many differences between Sympatico MSN's version and the GCY CD, means it's not official.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

King of Contradiction wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:In the Singapore show it's the only time i heard they played it. they also played there Welcome to Hell which was also rarely played.
Rarely played? They played when i saw them and it was on Happy live suprise cd. I don't think it could be called rare. The only song i can think they havent played live from chuck are...
*Noots.
*Open your eyes.
*Slipping away (but i doubt they'd ever play that)
*I'm not the one
well they played the ending of slipping away at the juno awards (after pieces)
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Hentaiman wrote:yeah i know, but the thing is i didn't knew there was a DVD for happy live surprise, since there wasn't for GCY, except some Sympatico MSN recording of the London, Ontario show, in not so great quality and it actually says it's probably not the same show as on the GCY CD cuz there are many differences between Sympatico MSN's version and the GCY CD, means it's not official.
Shit, sorry. I meant CD. But that's an official CD and it's the same concert. They mastered the audio, mixed some things a bit strangely, and fixed up a lot of Deryck's vocals.

They played "Some Say" all the time on the GCY tour. No one agrees with you that they didn't, because they did, so just give it up.

"Welcome To Hell" was ALSO played all the time on that tour. My God, dude. If you don't know anything about the subject, don't act like you do.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

lol.
u talking to me, Phili?
I mean, i know now they almost play nothing of the Chuck album, except the already annoying Pieces and We're All to Blame.

Back in the GCY, i know they played 'em more, yet there's songs like Pieces and We're All to Blame they never missed a play, and still now it's the same.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Yes I am talking to you. That's why I QUOTED YOU. You were going on about how they never played Some Say or Welcome To Hell except a few times, but they played both for nearly the whole GCY tour.
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Phili wrote:Yes I am talking to you. That's why I QUOTED YOU. You were going on about how they never played Some Say or Welcome To Hell except a few times, but they played both for nearly the whole GCY tour.
Dudes got a point!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

oh lol, yeah that's right :lol:

Anyway, yeah i kinda missed it, i totally forgot about the GCY tour.

But anyway, i was reffering more lately, cuz i was kinda talking about the present and i kinda overreacted about it, i guess, cuz they really played it all in the GCY tour, yet some stuff like Bitter End and Open Your Eyes were rarely played (i think Open Your Eyes was never played).

Anyway, in their new tours their playlist are kinda weird, i mean, i liked the setlist one dude wrote here with Count Your Last Blessings, but most of their latest shows include nothing off Chuck except We're All To Blame and Pieces, and also not really that much off Underclass hero, except like the title track, Walking Disaster and KoC, and in some occasions March of the Dogs, but except that i think Count Your Last Blessings is something rare they play now (kinda like Bitter End in the GCY tour), and that's it... i mean, they aren't playing Speak of the Devil or Pull the Curtain which i think is very cool for live shows, but that's unlinked already :D
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Shame casue both Speak fo the devil and Pull the curtain are awesome. Still, its early days so both those songs could eventually make the set list.
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

one of theese days they REALLY REALLY should play noots live
One of a Kind of Something
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Slither wrote:Which dude? :lol:
Haha, yeah....

King of Contradiction, if you were talking to me, you weren't talking to a dude.