Sum 41 enters studio!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
spider-man
Hooch

Re: Sum 41 enters studio!

Post by spider-man »

Well considering the album isn't done (as far as I know) and they'll be on tour most of February, I'm thinking we won't get the album until early 2017 :sosad:

I just have a bad feeling the label situation will end up taking the rest of the year...
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

We don't have hear antyhing new, just snippets, just read reviews, we don't hear in updates more part of the songs, we don't have a possible release date for the first single, even we don't have an idea when the first single coming out, couple of weeks can turn in months, there are many empty things in this process is not as organized and perhaps it's coming out of control, so I don't know what to think about the future of the album, touring for 3 months just meaning that they don't have the chance to finish the last part of the process of the album so what we can expect?
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Guess we won't hear any new songs live won't we ?
*cries in a corner*
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

All we know is the album is amazing and is like DTLI and Chuck and that's all.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Slightly disappointed they seem to have abandoned the progressive sounds and structures of SBM in favour of more standard punk/hard rock but whatever. I'm sure it'll still be a fun record.
fuck this signature nonsense
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Here is an interview Cone did ( http://mosh.hitthefloor.com/features/su ... interview/ ) in which he states that the record will be out this year.

Oh and Gregorovich, I couldn't agree more.
The Jester
First name: Rick
Post by The Jester »

This may not be the right tread to ask, but I was wondering anyway, will we ever see the music video for Screaming Bloody Murder that was made but didn't come out?
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Did anyone ever see that video? Was it actually made or did they just shoot a few bits and not get around to finishing it?
The Jester
First name: Rick

Post by The Jester »

fergal41 wrote:Did anyone ever see that video? Was it actually made or did they just shoot a few bits and not get around to finishing it?
Quick wiki search says that they shot a video, fans were invited to participate and that it was directed by Stevo. It went unreleased due to label troubles
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Fans were also asked to keep their mouth shut, I believe.

But I think there once was a rumor that there were references to Avril Lavigne in it.
Don't believe that, to be honest.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re:

Post by gejmik »

fergal41 wrote:Did anyone ever see that video? Was it actually made or did they just shoot a few bits and not get around to finishing it?
Yes, if I recall TomiT14 from TNS saw it (sorry if it wasn't you :glad:) and said that it was very dark, very "bloody", but not that much that it should be banned. Sadly, I think we'll never see it. I guess it's property of the old recording studio that they were doing it under.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

gejmik wrote:
Yes, if I recall TomiT14 from TNS saw it (sorry if it wasn't you :glad:) and said that it was very dark, very "bloody", but not that much that it should be banned. Sadly, I think we'll never see it. I guess it's property of the old recording studio that they were doing it under.
Actually, I saw the Blood In My Eyes video before it was released. I think no one has seen the SBM one outside the band. There are some rumours why it was never released, but if I recall correctly, the decision was made by the band.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

I kinda remember to have read on here that some TNS member has seen it. But I'm not so sure.. heavy drinking does affect your memory after all.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

I read that too but I thought it was a joke. Hopefully in the future We could see it but I think it will never happen. If it is true that they did and not published, they would have their reasons jajaja
TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Ardi41 wrote:I kinda remember to have read on here that some TNS member has seen it. But I'm not so sure.. heavy drinking does affect your memory after all.
I think no one has seen it, but there was a member who was at the video shoot.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re: Re:

Post by gejmik »

TomiT14 wrote:
gejmik wrote:
Actually, I saw the Blood In My Eyes video before it was released. I think no one has seen the SBM one outside the band. There are some rumours why it was never released, but if I recall correctly, the decision was made by the band.
nah, my bad. I must've mistaken it with the guy that was on set of SBM shooting. Too bad, I don't think we'll ever get the chance to see it.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

This wait for another update it's too long, I know they are on tour, but what happened with that? We have no idea how the process is or something..
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

As I think, the update videos they've already released weren't really up-to-date, they had been filmed maybe in one day with Zummo and Deryck and they released them as seperate "update" videos after the shooting, maybe weeks or months later. That's why we never really got anything new sound except from Deryck's soundspeakers, because they maybe haven't really filmed any other recording process.
I hope maybe after February when they're in a little break, they'll really get together in a studio and really get every sound materials together they have. Maybe care about the label situation and how they plan to release this album.
I'm curious about what they'll say about the pledge deadline, 'cause if I read the rules right, after March 31st, they have to pay back every money. It's obvious they can't release the album until then, but I wonder what's gonna happen. Even if they pay the money back, can we still get the album and the things we pledged to, when the album released? I don't care about the money...
If I have to guess, we could get at the end of March, at least 1 song from the album and a sure plan what's gonna happen in the next months and a real release date.
Until then, it's hard, but we have to be patient. :devious: :suicide:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Agree with you, the "deadline" for pledgemusic is March 31th, so what will happen with this? And at least one song like when they release Skumfuck or Blood In My Eyes.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

All the stuff bought through PledgeMusic will be provided by March 31st, except the album of course.