DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Sum 41 France & Deryck

Post by DW_60 »

How was it playing with different people when you played as "Deryck Whibley & The Happiness Machines"?
It was really great. I've never played a whole set of those songs with anyone other than Sum 41. The guys in the band: Mitchell Marlow, Devin Bronson, Mikey Way and the all mighty Frank Zummo are such great musicians and were super fun to play with. The crowds were incredible too. I wasn't sure how it would go over but it was amazing! Better than I even hoped.

How did you feel after those last few shows? How is your back holding up?
It felt so good to be playing up on stage again after everything that I went through, especially the difficult recovery. It was, and still is an everyday process trying to get back to feeling normal again. I am doing lots of exercise and physiotherapy. Not to mention the mental aspect of everything. Constant work. All I can say is I'm happy the way things have turned out. Although it was a horrible experience brought on by myself, it was something that needed to happen. As far as my back goes, it feels great but it's a very temperamental issue. I have to be careful all the time.

Will video updates make a come-back?
Most likely. We would have to find someone who is willing to come on the road with us all the time to do it. We love doing though.

Let's talk about the future of Sum 41: do you think you'll tour Europe again after the album is done?
For sure. We're in the process of figuring out our tour plans as we work on the album. But we will definitely be back. As well as the rest of the world too.

Have you started recording yet?
Some songs are finished. The first batch of songs that I had ready to go have been recorded but there's still about 5-6 more to record.

You spoke in an interview about a song that will be in the album which title is "Goddamn, I'm Dead Again". What can you tell us about this song?
Yes. That's a fast song. It was the second song I wrote for the album. For the longest time I only had one song. I was getting nervous because I thought I couldn't write anymore. I hated everything I was coming up with. Then, that song came one day and gave me confidence that I would eventually keep writing more songs that I liked.

How did you come back with the idea of this new preorder system?
Well we thought it was a cool way to be able to stay off of a label while we made this album. It gives our fans an opportunity to be a part of the process and be able to say, "Hey, I helped make this record!"

What are your plans after the album is done?
As soon as it’s done, we will hit the road.

How and from whom came the idea of Dave coming back in the band?
Brown and I started talking again soon after we got off the last SBM tour. It was just nice talking to my old high school friend again. Then as time went on and after I got out of the hospital Dave came down and stayed with me. After a while, we started talking and he mentioned that he would be into playing together again. We all talked about it and agreed it would be awesome to have him back. We never asked him to leave in the first place anyway! And then the AP awards thing happened and here we are.

How do you think it will impact the sound of Sum 41's music on the next album? Beside that, will you still play guitar on stage?
Dave has a signature sound; especially on his solos. You will definitely hear it on the new record. As far as stage arrangements go, we haven't worked any of that out yet. It's all up in the air right now. We'll see when we get into rehearsals.
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Sum 41 France & Deryck

Post by HugoDisasters »

Awesome questions! And answers of course.
I'd love to see some more video updates with new teasers now that things are in progress. Just to get the hype on for real :D

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Re: Sum 41 France & Deryck

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Will video updates make a come-back?
Most likely. We would have to find someone who is willing to come on the road with us all the time to do it. We love doing though.
shit, do you think they'd accept applications for this job? haha :silly:
How do you think it will impact the sound of Sum 41's music on the next album? Beside that, will you still play guitar on stage?
Dave has a signature sound; especially on his solos. You will definitely hear it on the new record. As far as stage arrangements go, we haven't worked any of that out yet. It's all up in the air right now. We'll see when we get into rehearsals.
love this. i'm so excited to hear some dave solos. cool interview.