Guess I need a quick catch up on some things... @.@

If you're new, introduce yourself here. Please read the rules before posting.
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Guess I need a quick catch up on some things... @.@

Post by Faeyaner »

Yeah, I've been off for quite a while as it seems, so... Three guitarists but no drummer? And a new album without release date?

Or in a more polite form: Can someone tell what has been going on for the last 3 years or so? :sweat:

P.S. Not new here, but I thought this was a good place to start...
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Guess I need a quick catch up on some things... @.@

Post by TomiT14 »

So, Stevo left the band in April 2013, and the band took a long break since. Lately Deryck has written new music, and my guess is they would start recording late this year or early next year. So a possible 2016 release?

Dave re-joined the band, so now they have three guitars. The band has had two touring drummers so far, Frank Zummo (Street Drum Corps, Krewella) and Darrin Pfeiffer (Goldfinger, Rain City Rockers). The band isn't touring yet, just playing single shows here and there until the new record is ready, so there's no immediate need to make the drummer decision just yet.

During the downtime, Cone and Tom have been producers for other bands/artists. Tom has also released a new Gob record and is touring with the band. Cone has released a couple of OpMD songs. Deryck has made an incredible recovery from his collapse last year.

I guess that's about it. The new Sum 41 record is being crowdfunded, so if you're willing to contribute, check out PledgeMusic.com. In return, you'll get some special treats from the band. :winkwink:
Faeyaner
Bunkface

Post by Faeyaner »

Thx for the kind wrap up Tomi, good to see some familiar nick :D
Definitely checking out that link!
But speaking of a crowdfunded album, I guess the contract with Island is now definitely over and they don't have a new label yet?

And why did Stevo left, did they seperate in peace or were there some seious troubles between them?
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
vill_chouine
Bunkface
First name: Israël

Post by vill_chouine »

Faeyaner wrote:Thx for the kind wrap up Tomi, good to see some familiar nick :D
Definitely checking out that link!
But speaking of a crowdfunded album, I guess the contract with Island is now definitely over and they don't have a new label yet?

And why did Stevo left, did they seperate in peace or were there some seious troubles between them?
They cancelled the last shows of the tour thay had with Billy Talent, Deryck had back problems. Not so long after cancelling Stevo left and never said why he did.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Tomi pretty much covered everything, haha. It's unsure why Stevo left. It's assumed that it was so he could spend more time to be with his family. Hopefully the return of Dave sparks some interest for Steve to return.
Faeyaner
Bunkface

Post by Faeyaner »

Well good to know that D. got well so soon!

I also heared that Stevo wanted to take more care of his family. I hope they're still in contact, would be a pity if they ended up in a clash.