New Album-Discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: New Album-Discussion

Post by Jeremy Kill »

In retrospect it seems silly to have doubted Frank Zummo as a drummer since he's in a band called Street Drum Crops, haha.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:In retrospect it seems silly to have doubted Frank Zummo as a drummer since he's in a band called Street Drum Crops, haha.
Well yeah, I thought it was odd too. :glad: But I was busy taking Cone's words too literally to even consider other options.

I was thinking maybe he had some kind of injury that prevents him from doing certain moves. You know, like there are professional hockey players that can play normally, except that they can't take faceoffs because of certain restrictions in their shoulder movement.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

TomiT14 wrote: As a tongue-in-a-cheek comment, you clearly haven't been here for long if my post is enough to ban someone instantly. :silly:
Can confirm :hehe: .
Welcome to the forums Kurt41. You'll probably fit right in nicely once you have seen it all.

Ontopic;
I'm surprised Deryck came here to clear up confusion. I seem to forget he's actually a member here since he doesn't post very often. I'm proud to be fan of a band that cares so much about the fans as Sum 41 does. It will be very interesting to see who will be doing drums. However, I'm even mor excited about the new material :winkwink:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I'm really excited. I miss being excited for new music. I'm excited to see the new dynamic when they play live for several reasons. I think Deryck's sobriety will bring the quality of the shows up and I feel as though Zummo / other drummers will bring a different vibe along with them.

However I truly hope Deryck doesn't use that Thinline Tele he posted on his instagram, I like the '72 Deluxe much much better. This new one hurts my soul a bit.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re:

Post by gejmik »

Gutter Dreams wrote:I'm really excited. I miss being excited for new music....
Yeah exactly, I miss the times, when big part of TNS waited for hearing SBM for the first time together on MSN, we - middle/western Europe waited till 4AM, just to hear one new song, it was so exciting, can't wait to be so thrilled about a new material again. :happy:
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

HUGE NEWS
You can NOW pre-order the new album!

Sum 41 wrote:Words can’t describe how good it feels to be back, so I’ll just let the music do that instead. It’s been a crazy few years for all of us in one way or another, but with this much needed break and a new lease on life Sum 41 is back and stronger and more excited than we have been in a long time. It’s time to make a fucking great record!

By pre-ordering the album you will automatically get a digital copy on the day of release, but you will also get access to all of our behind-the-scenes, making of the album, videos and photos. You can hear sneak peaks of songs, watch us write and record and maybe even get into a fight or two! ha-ha.

You can also get all kinds of things like merch, signed CDs and vinyl, hand written lyric sheets and MORE which will be added throughout the pre-order. You will also get access to a bunch of unique opportunities from us as well.

IMPORTANT: FANS UNITE/SHARE

We’re really proud of these songs and we want to make sure our fans know it’s coming! After you pre-order, you will see a page that says “Help spread the word”. This page allows you to SHARE our pre-order news on your Facebook & Twitter accounts. Calling all Skumfuks to help spread the word all over the world. New Sum 41 is coming!

Thanks to all the fans, the skumfuks! Your support has always been a blessing. We love you for it, and we can’t wait to get back to your country, you city, your town, or even your backyard to come play a rock show! See you all soon.

Deryck, Cone and Tom
The extras they're talking about: lyrics sheets, guitar lessons by deryck and even a fucking STUDIO VISIT.

More info: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/sum41. That looks SICK!

Is it possible to be a sort of crowdfunding project?

No release date yet. Anyway, fucking excited.
Last edited by Lars on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Fuck yeah. Signal vinyl copy ordered. My tastes have moved on since the days of listening to Chuck on repeat but there's still no way in hell I'm passing up on supporting a Sum 41 crowdfunder.
fuck this signature nonsense
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

Just pre-ordered signed CD! Can't wait for more news on the release date and stuff. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Seems like the tentative "deadline" might be end of march 2016? Judging from Pledge Music site. Doesn't mean it's release date of course :) What excites me most about this is when the album is actually ready there's no record company to push it back by 6-12 months like with SBM. I think? Interested to hear what's the expected release date though and how far the album is.

I also LOVE the idea of demos and videos of recording as pre-order bonus. Great idea. Very excited and hopefully we'll hear something new soon!
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I'm so pumped up now, such a great news! I almost got tears in my eyes when I saw how many great things we choose from, although I had to be realistic which one I can really choose... Whatever, I'll be more than happy with a lyric sheet from the band (The Hell Song), I just REALLY hope it won't get damaged during the shipping!
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

Whoo awesome. t-shirt + album pledged! :D
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Fuuuck yeah. I ordered signed vinyl + signed poster! I'm soooo excited for this album
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

And all of a sudden TNS is "alive".
Like somebody above said, this sounds like a crowdfunding to me. We'll see how it turns out
TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Iam The Ghost wrote:I'm so pumped up now, such a great news! I almost got tears in my eyes when I saw how many great things we choose from, although I had to be realistic which one I can really choose... Whatever, I'll be more than happy with a lyric sheet from the band (The Hell Song), I just REALLY hope it won't get damaged during the shipping!
WHY oh fucking WHY did I have to work today???!?!?!!

I would've done ANYTHING to get that Hell Song lyric sheet. :suicide:

Or ANY lyric sheet. Be sure to post a pic here. And let me know first when you're about to sell it. :silly:

Do you or anyone know which songs were listed for the lyric sheets?
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

TomiT14 wrote: WHY oh fucking WHY did I have to work today???!?!?!!

I would've done ANYTHING to get that Hell SOng lyric sheet. :suicide:

Or ANY lyric sheet. Be sure to post a pic here. And let me know first when you're about to sell it. :silly:
It's amazing how fast things got sold: it's bad, because you had to be fast and lucky to get what you want, but it's also great 'cause seems like there's still a big and loyal fanbase for the band. :2cool4u:

I'm sorry you couldn't get one, maybe they will add some more of these stuffs if they see how fast they got sold?
Anyway, I'm sure I'll post a photo (although I don't expect the lyric sheet will come someday soon... maybe next year with the new album? :silly: ), I plan to enframe it and put on my wall.

I also pre-ordered the signatured CD, because there isn't one with the lyric sheet and I don't like digital versions, I prefer to have the album in physical form.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Preordered a signed CD. So fucking excited! Can't wait...!

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Iam The Ghost wrote:I'm sorry you couldn't get one, maybe they will add some more of these stuffs if they see how fast they got sold?
Anyway, I'm sure I'll post a photo (although I don't expect the lyric sheet will come someday soon... maybe next year with the new album? :silly: ), I plan to enframe it and put on my wall.
Which songs were left to choose from when you signed in?
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Re: Re:

Post by Sickore »

TomiT14 wrote:
WHY oh fucking WHY did I have to work today???!?!?!!
I was actually very much surprised that you were silent when the news has appeared. Guess the mistery is solved now! :winkwink:
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

TomiT14 wrote:Which songs were left to choose from when you signed in?
When I ordered, it asked in a small box which one I would like and I typed in, so you could have whichever you wanted. I think it was said in the item description too.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

hmm kind of want vinyl but also afraid if it breaks in mail :D