Some of my own original music

Like writing songs? Post your lyrics, poems, or whatever here!
Tyler41
Walking Disaster
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano

Some of my own original music

Post by Tyler41 »

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've come on here. I just happened to be thinking about one of the first songs I wrote, Cathy, and remembered I posted it on here and you all had positive things to say about it. I even got Cone to listen to it back in 2009, he said he thought it was cool, that it sounded like old blink-182. I thought maybe you'd like to hear what I've been up to since then (then again, I suppose it's possible the people who were around back then aren't even on here anymore). I'm not in a band, but I have some acoustic stuff up on my YouTube and SoundCloud pages. They aren't super amazing studio quality or anything, but I think they're pretty good.

This first one is called "6 Months To Life". It was one of the first songs I ever wrote, along with Cathy" (which I no longer have a copy of, sorry I can't post it on here). Neither of them are super amazing or anything, but I think they're pretty decent for something a 16 year old would write:
This next one is called "22" and it has a bit of a lengthy story behind it. You can read about it under the video on YouTube:
This last one is my newest song, "Crypsis". I wrote it around October/November 2014. It was a rather quick process, I came up with the guitar part in about 5 minutes and the melody sort of just came along with it. The lyrics came along about a month later.

Again, I'd love to get any feedback you may have. Thanks in advance and enjoy!

Edit: Crypsis isn't showing up for me. Could just be my computer, but just in case, here's the URL:

https://soundcloud.com/tyler-anderson-11/crypsis
All that I need is time for me to breathe. Dream little dreams that only I believe. Now that I see beyond the light, I'm gonna be, I'll be alright.