Wes Anderson Movies

Grab the popcorn!

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

Jeremy Kill
Wes Anderson Movies

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Does anybody here like Wes Anderson movies or has seen any of them? Movies such as "The Royal Tenenbaums," "The Fantastic Mr. Fox," and "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" are movies by him. I think his latest is "Moonrise Kingdom" but I haven't seen it yet.

If you haven't seen them, I highly suggest watching at least the latter two that I mentioned. They are the only ones I've seen so far, but they are quite funny and quirky. They just have a warm, charming atmosphere about them.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: Wes Anderson Movies

Post by Ardi41 »

I saw the Royal Tenenbaums a few years ago.
I remember enjoying it, cause it was quite different from the standard hollywood comedy movies.
Haven't seen his other work yet, though I was planning on buying "The life aquatic..." because Willem Dafoe starrs in it.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Re: Wes Anderson Movies

Post by Noreason757 »

Moonrise kingdom was awesome, i really recommend it.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I just watched Moonrise Kingdom a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. I really like Wes' style. I kind of thought The Life Aquatic was funnier, but then again, I fell asleep during part of it (I was super tired).

I went to see if I could buy The Royal Tenenbaums or Darjeeling Limited but the blurays for those movies were about $40+ and they weren't even a bluray+DVD combo; just bluray.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

I don't know if you follow these things but I thought you might be interested in hearing that Wes Anderson has been nominated for an Oscar this Year.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

He makes excellent, excellent movies! Fantastic Mr Fox has been a favorite of mine for a few years now, and I just recently watched The Royal Tennenbaums, The Darjeeling Limited, and Moonrise Kingdom. If you're more into movies with all style and no substance, I do not recommend them to you. These are films, not blockbusters.