Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Jake wrote:Best way to avoid bugs is not using a PS3 :(

But there's still a fair few on xbox/pc :(
I'm waiting for it to popup in the Steam winter sale. Hopefully it appears.
There are still some serious issues with frame rate on PC. Everybody seems to be getting massive drops bringing it down to ~10fps in highly populated or highly forested areas.
Most of people I've heard about having that problem have pathetic rigs.
No excuse for a poorly-optimised game. Apparently it doesn't make use of multiple cores - one guy disabled his second one and had no FPS drop.
Surely if I can run BF3 on Medium at a solid 30, then I should be able to get AC3 to run at least that fast.
fuck this signature nonsense
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:

There are still some serious issues with frame rate on PC. Everybody seems to be getting massive drops bringing it down to ~10fps in highly populated or highly forested areas.
No excuse for a poorly-optimised game. Apparently it doesn't make use of multiple cores - one guy disabled his second one and had no FPS drop.
Surely if I can run BF3 on Medium at a solid 30, then I should be able to get AC3 to run at least that fast.
I get no issues with AC3 or BF3.
I actually don't believe It's that bad as people say. Just make sure your rig is running fine, is way above what is required to run the graphic settings you use and that your drivers are up to date.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor

Post by Gregorovich »

HugoDisasters wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:

I get no issues with AC3 or BF3.
I actually don't believe It's that bad as people say. Just make sure your rig is running fine, is way above what is required to run the graphic settings you use and that your drivers are up to date.
All my drivers are up-to-date and my rig is certainly more than enough to run AC3. Loads of people are having the same problem. AC3 shouldn't pose any trouble when high-demand games like BF3 run like a treat. Then again, Dice know that PC gamers are important; Ubisoft clearly don't give a shit.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Got struck with sleep paralyisis for the second time last night. scary stuff.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re:

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Mitchell wrote:Got struck with sleep paralyisis for the second time last night. scary stuff.
The reality of Sleep Paralysis makes me scared to sleep! :-O
Sorry to hear that though.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

don't even wanna know what that is...
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Sleep paralysis is something that occurs right before or after you sleep.
What happens is: the only thing you can move is your eyes and you get some severe hallucinations.
The first time it happened to me was the worst. I couldn't move anything, but my eyes were open and I felt a lot of pressure on my chest, it was like someone was standing/ sitting on it. I also felt like there was something evil in the room trying to get me, which was the most terrifying thing ever, after a few seconds I even started hearing footsteps right next to my bed. this all probably lasted a minute (the longest minute of my life), which is a good thing cause just before I snapped out of it I started seeing a shadow.

The second time wasn't as bad as the first one, but still terrifying. I woke up with my arms crossed (even with my 'bionic arm' / wolverine thingy) and felt like my phone was lying on top my left hand, it was ringing. when I tried to pick it up I noticed that I couldn't open my eyes and couldn't move my arms. even though I immediately knew what was going on, I still panicked when I started hearing 2 voices whispering really fast (1 in each ear). in an effort to get someone to snap me out of it I started producing sounds in my mouth (you can't open your mouth). after 3 tries I eventually snapped out of it by myself.

I looked it up and there's so much more that could happen during sleep paralysis, like an out of body experience but I haven't experienced that.

@Sarah, don't worry:
Sleep paralysis poses no serious health risk to those that experience it, despite the fact that it can be an intensely terrifying experience.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

Mitchell wrote:Sleep paralysis is something that occurs right before or after you sleep.
What happens is: the only thing you can move is your eyes and you get some severe hallucinations.
The first time it happened to me was the worst. I couldn't move anything, but my eyes were open and I felt a lot of pressure on my chest, it was like someone was standing/ sitting on it. I also felt like there was something evil in the room trying to get me, which was the most terrifying thing ever, after a few seconds I even started hearing footsteps right next to my bed. this all probably lasted a minute (the longest minute of my life), which is a good thing cause just before I snapped out of it I started seeing a shadow.

The second time wasn't as bad as the first one, but still terrifying. I woke up with my arms crossed (even with my 'bionic arm' / wolverine thingy) and felt like my phone was lying on top my left hand, it was ringing. when I tried to pick it up I noticed that I couldn't open my eyes and couldn't move my arms. even though I immediately knew what was going on, I still panicked when I started hearing 2 voices whispering really fast (1 in each ear). in an effort to get someone to snap me out of it I started producing sounds in my mouth (you can't open your mouth). after 3 tries I eventually snapped out of it by myself.

I looked it up and there's so much more that could happen during sleep paralysis, like an out of body experience but I haven't experienced that.

@Sarah, don't worry:
Sleep paralysis poses no serious health risk to those that experience it, despite the fact that it can be an intensely terrifying experience.
That sounds exactly the same as lucid dreaming. I'm assuming you have a different word for it.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Gregorovich wrote:
Mitchell wrote:Sleep paralysis is something that occurs right before or after you sleep.

@Sarah, don't worry:
That sounds exactly the same as lucid dreaming. I'm assuming you have a different word for it.
No, lucid dreaming is being aware of the fact that you're dreaming and being able to control said dream. Although those dreams can be really realistic, you're still dreaming. Sleep paralysis is something you can't control although you're awake and aware.
Lucid dreaming is something that happens before sleep paralysis a lot, but I've been having lucid dreams since the age of 11 so it wasn't really worth mentioning for me.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Mitchell wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

@Sarah, don't worry:
No, lucid dreaming is being aware of the fact that you're dreaming and being able to control said dream. Although those dreams can be really realistic, you're still dreaming. Sleep paralysis is something you can't control although you're awake and aware.
Lucid dreaming is something that happens before sleep paralysis a lot, but I've been having lucid dreams since the age of 11 so it wasn't really worth mentioning for me.
It's not just being aware that you're dreaming. One type of ludic dream is lying awake, unable to move your body and hallucinating.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

So, I used to go to school with this girl who was always shy & quiet. But I just found out that she's in a rock band, I am in shock. :shock:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Gregorovich wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

@Sarah, don't worry:
It's not just being aware that you're dreaming. One type of ludic dream is lying awake, unable to move your body and hallucinating.
That's sleep paralysis, check other associated phenomena -> sleep paralysis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Srsly, I need to know how to introduce lucid dreaming to my brain, but with my luck I will end up paralyzed.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re:

Post by Ardi41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:Srsly, I need to know how to introduce lucid dreaming to my brain, but with my luck I will end up paralyzed.
I tried to do it once cause there was this whole fuzz about it on 9gag for a while... I got bored after 20 minutes of laying on my bed doing nothing but following the instrunctions and never really tried again.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Ardi41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:Srsly, I need to know how to introduce lucid dreaming to my brain, but with my luck I will end up paralyzed.
I tried to do it once cause there was this whole fuzz about it on 9gag for a while... I got bored after 20 minutes of laying on my bed doing nothing but following the instrunctions and never really tried again.
That 9gag thing is how I found out about my lucid dreaming an sleep paralysis, I didn't do any of those things in the instructions when it happened to me though.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

God definitely wants me dead. So my journey began this time yesterday, when I left my house in Orkney for the boat to Kirkwall. Having managed to forget some of my stuff, I took the boat to the mainland, which arrived two hours late. When I hopped over onto the overnight boat to Aberdeen, I was told that it would be a further four hours late, meaning I would miss my train the next day (£30 non-refundable and non-compensable). The boat finally set off at 3am, though the journey was the rockiest I've ever experienced. After three hours' sleep on the floor of the second deck, I awoke at 7am and promptly threw up. After a couple more hours' sleep outside the toilet, the boat arrived at Aberdeen and I set off for the station (briefly returning having forgotten my suitcase). Managing to get a further £30 bus ticket to Edinburgh, I had a relatively peaceful four-hour drive, until I got off the bus at the West end of Princes Street, and the driver drove off with my suitcase. I somehow managed to beat the bus to the Edinburgh terminus, despite getting stuck in a turnstile and falling down an escalator, giving myself gashes along my legs and back. Having finally retrieved my case, I was about to arrange a pick-up, when my phone decided to cop out at 15% battery - I eventually found a stranger willing to make a series of calls on their phone. And now I am finally home, 24 hours later, weeping into my sheets. I am a cotton burrito of sadness.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Re:

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:God definitely wants me dead. So my journey began this time yesterday, when I left my house in Orkney for the boat to Kirkwall. Having managed to forget some of my stuff, I took the boat to the mainland, which arrived two hours late. When I hopped over onto the overnight boat to Aberdeen, I was told that it would be a further four hours late, meaning I would miss my train the next day (£30 non-refundable and non-compensable). The boat finally set off at 3am, though the journey was the rockiest I've ever experienced. After three hours' sleep on the floor of the second deck, I awoke at 7am and promptly threw up. After a couple more hours' sleep outside the toilet, the boat arrived at Aberdeen and I set off for the station (briefly returning having forgotten my suitcase). Managing to get a further £30 bus ticket to Edinburgh, I had a relatively peaceful four-hour drive, until I got off the bus at the West end of Princes Street, and the driver drove off with my suitcase. I somehow managed to beat the bus to the Edinburgh terminus, despite getting stuck in a turnstile and falling down an escalator, giving myself gashes along my legs and back. Having finally retrieved my case, I was about to arrange a pick-up, when my phone decided to cop out at 15% battery - I eventually found a stranger willing to make a series of calls on their phone. And now I am finally home, 24 hours later, weeping into my sheets. I am a cotton burrito of sadness.
Imagine this to be your Groundhog Day, that would be fucked.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Ardi41 wrote:
Don't trust 9gag, it might've been a bogus, just to make fun of ya'll, it's kind of hardcore to expect some results after reading 10 lines long instructions. I plan to read a book on lucid dreaming.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re:

Post by gejmik »

lisaNL wrote:So, I used to go to school with this girl who was always shy & quiet. But I just found out that she's in a rock band, I am in shock. :shock:
Is she a drummer?

for fucks sake I need sleep, I though that the thumbnail of the video is your signature and that you just wrote that you know a girl who's in the band. sorry :D anyway, looks cool.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

hope New Year's Eve is fun.. seeing as I'm probably going to spend it with three friends huddled around an Xbox.