A Smartphone To Buy

Calling all nerds! Talk tech in this forum.

Moderator: Boni

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

A Smartphone To Buy

Post by FuckT41182 »

I am currently in the process of purchasing a phone, and I wanted to buy HTC One V, which would slightly exceed my budget, but the purchase would be manageable. However, my cousin told me to buy Sony Xperia U instead, that I will get that one for less money and it is better than HTC V. From the information that I have gathered he's quite correct, as he usually is, but I would like to hear some of your opinions on the matter. Which one of these two would you buy?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I would get the HTC based on my knowledge that most people I know who don't have an iPhone have an HTC. I don't know anything about Sony phones though.

I just watched a YouTube comparison video and the Sony Xperia U does sound better than the HTC.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

I'd say Sony just because they are underrated.
I haven't had any bad experiences with Sony but not many experiences at all anyway so..
My opinion about HTC is that they look quite bad, but they might be powerful phones.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill
Re: A Smartphone To Buy

Post by Jeremy Kill »

With a thread like this you'd know this was coming. Classic!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

I had an HTC Legend. It was a terrible phone. i'll never buy another HTC again.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

If I left iPhone I'd get an HTC. They have the best UI out of any smartphone. I'd never go to Sony or Samsung.
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Re:

Post by FuckT41182 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:With a thread like this you'd know this was coming. Classic!
HAHA, I've seen this years ago, it's brilliant ! Thanks for your post, I totally forgot to check youtube comparisons and reviews, it helped me a lot in the process of choosing Sony Xperia U.
TheWatchmaker wrote:I had an HTC Legend. It was a terrible phone. i'll never buy another HTC again.
Well, my cousin had that one as his first smartphone ever, and he was kinda satisfied with it. And he is one of them guys who understand SW and HW and all the technical parameters. But I guess that when he was reviewing it to me he was considering the money that he spent on it, the amount wasn't big at all.
Gregorovich wrote:If I left iPhone I'd get an HTC. They have the best UI out of any smartphone. I'd never go to Sony or Samsung.
I have been love with Sony devices ever since I experienced working with them. You have to consider my budget too, I can't just buy any HTC that I want to. And everybody is saying that Xperia U exceeds HTC One V in quality, and these two phones are affordable for me, but I will save 50 Euros buying the Sony one, which is according to the majority of users, a better phone.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: Re:

Post by Dylan »

FuckT41182 wrote:
TheWatchmaker wrote:I had an HTC Legend. It was a terrible phone. i'll never buy another HTC again.
Well, my cousin had that one as his first smartphone ever, and he was kinda satisfied with it. And he is one of them guys who understand SW and HW and all the technical parameters. But I guess that when he was reviewing it to me he was considering the money that he spent on it, the amount wasn't big at all.
it was semi cheap when i bought it and that was about the only good thing about it. the apps selection was terrible at the time, the touch display was awkward and the music transfer was a complete headache since i have a mac. i had to manually pick the songs and put it on to an SD card only to find out certain types of files didn't work!!

i am much happier with my iphone 4s.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

But seriously, I don't see why people keep bashing iPhone. I've heard the maps are awful, but that's a problem of iOS 6. I use iOS 5 with iPhone 3GS, and I've got no complains from the past 3 years I've had it.

Yeah, I haven't tried the other smartphones so I can't really say if they are better than iPhone. But what I do know is that iPhone is not a bad one, maybe not as good as others, but definitely a decent choice for me.

Samsung's layout seems cool, while Nokia's Windows 8 phones seems awful to me. That's all I know about them.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

My GF has a Sony Xperia U and it's a pretty phone. Only sad thing is that the screen is not really big.

I have a samung Galaxy ace 2. Really great midrange phone. 786mb, 800mhz dualcore, 3,8inch screen. Only sad thing is that it's with android 2.3. Rumours are that 4.1 will be released this month or next month..

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:But seriously, I don't see why people keep bashing iPhone. I've heard the maps are awful, but that's a problem of iOS 6. I use iOS 5 with iPhone 3GS, and I've got no complains from the past 3 years I've had it.

Yeah, I haven't tried the other smartphones so I can't really say if they are better than iPhone. But what I do know is that iPhone is not a bad one, maybe not as good as others, but definitely a decent choice for me.

Samsung's layout seems cool, while Nokia's Windows 8 phones seems awful to me. That's all I know about them.
Agreed. Just because somebody likes an iPhone doesn't make them a dribbling consumer sheep.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:But seriously, I don't see why people keep bashing iPhone. I've heard the maps are awful, but that's a problem of iOS 6. I use iOS 5 with iPhone 3GS, and I've got no complains from the past 3 years I've had it.

Agreed. Just because somebody likes an iPhone doesn't make them a dribbling consumer sheep.
Some people really are though. They're probably the same people that bought an iPad Mini. I have an iPhone 5 and it's great, I love it. I don't think I would get any other smartphone for the simple reason that the touch screen on the iPhone is probably the best there is.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Re:

Post by FuckT41182 »

Stef wrote:My GF has a Sony Xperia U and it's a pretty phone. Only sad thing is that the screen is not really big.

I have a samung Galaxy ace 2. Really great midrange phone. 786mb, 800mhz dualcore, 3,8inch screen. Only sad thing is that it's with android 2.3. Rumours are that 4.1 will be released this month or next month..
Well, that's a plus for me, as I was gunning for a smaller phone.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Stef wrote:My GF has a Sony Xperia U and it's a pretty phone. Only sad thing is that the screen is not really big.

Then it's the phone you need.. 1ghz Dualcore, 512mb, 4GB ROM,..

Sad thing is that it doesn't has an microsd slot

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Stef wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

Then it's the phone you need.. 1ghz Dualcore, 512mb, 4GB ROM,..

Sad thing is that it doesn't has an microsd slot
Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but I kinda don't mind it, I have 40 GB of music on my MP3 player that I carry with me everywhere I go. For pictures I have my camera. So I don't need any more than 4 GB on my phone, hopefully I won't in the future as well.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

If you decide to go down the HTC root, my advice is root that bastard and install a vanilla ROM. HTC Sense is a resource hungry user interface.
[donate][/donate]