60sec Short Film i Directed/Wrote

Show us the funniest stuff you can find!
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

60sec Short Film i Directed/Wrote

Post by Noreason757 »

This idea just popped into my head one day so i wrote it down, and filmed it, i plan on becoming a director one day, so any feedback would be appreciated if you guys could watch it.
Jeremy Kill
Re: 60sec Short Film i Directed/Wrote

Post by Jeremy Kill »

That was pretty cool, I liked it!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

interesting concept. if i may suggest some things; it could use tighter edits especially around the scene where the guy has the gun. also, for the whole of the clip, the character is running from right to left, except at the seven second mark, he's running left to right. in film, there's whats called the 180 degree rule -you don't want to cross that 180 degree plane of action and reverse anything because it can get distracting and case confusion. in your case, with the part at :07, just mirror the image in whatever video editing suite so that the feet are running in the same direction as the character.

all in all, pretty good job. the concept is neat and you could make a longer video just based on the same concept if you wanted to. i don't know much about the film industry but i hear its pretty competitive especially if you wanna be a director. you have to want it bad. keep doing films and if its what you want to do, go for it.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

2712 wrote:interesting concept. if i may suggest some things; it could use tighter edits especially around the scene where the guy has the gun. also, for the whole of the clip, the character is running from right to left, except at the seven second mark, he's running left to right. in film, there's whats called the 180 degree rule -you don't want to cross that 180 degree plane of action and reverse anything because it can get distracting and case confusion. in your case, with the part at :07, just mirror the image in whatever video editing suite so that the feet are running in the same direction as the character.

all in all, pretty good job. the concept is neat and you could make a longer video just based on the same concept if you wanted to. i don't know much about the film industry but i hear its pretty competitive especially if you wanna be a director. you have to want it bad. keep doing films and if its what you want to do, go for it.
Thanks for the input, with the whole 180 rule thing, i know about it, i just didn't realize i broke it until you just said that now so thank you for that. as for the tighter editing around the gun part, i assume you are talking about the sudden light switch. i tried for days to fix that as best as i could, there was a huge window behind us when we were shooting that part and i think a cloud must have gone over or something and ruined the lighting, we would've re-shot it, but that was the only day we could use that location(which is my highschool that i just graduated from). i even had my film teacher try to help with it and thats the best we could do :sosad: ..... but yeah its a concept i might end up visiting again sometime, im working on this really long one that has to do with alternate reality right now but im trying not to rush it, i've wanted to be a director since 6th grade so this is what i really want to do.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i should clarify; the part im talking about is the shot at :24-:28. for a short clip like this that is quick, that medium shot can be shortened my two seconds and i think it could flow better. it's a little jaring that the rest of clip is fast and then there's this one scene that slows everything down. i know it seems a little redundant as it's only two seconds, and maybe its just me but its something to consider.

ya, the light thing is a bugger but event hat can be fixed by filters or something -like i said before im not a film guy, but surely there's some way to fix that in final cut or whatever.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!